TV crew missed whole last lap of racing..

Related:
Create New Tag

1/12/2020 12:22 AM

Watching Kens wife while all passing happened..Tomac, AC, Stewart, Osbourne.. great.
Is Roczen just so much more important?

|

1/12/2020 12:26 AM

Sook it up!!!

|

RV, 4 th to 8 th, mxgp

1/12/2020 12:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2020 12:55 AM

tek14 wrote:

Watching Kens wife while all passing happened..Tomac, AC, Stewart, Osbourne.. great.

In this race, yes he is! His first race win in 3 years after his injuries. I didnt care what was happening behind him, just wanted to see kenny and his wife celebrate.

|

1/12/2020 12:51 AM

tek14 wrote:

The storyline is.

|

1/12/2020 1:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2020 7:30 AM

It’s not the Telivision crew’s fault. It’s the production managers call inside the production booth. Whatever camera angle is shown on live Tv is their call. I don’t think the production manager should be “Let Go”. They need to Fire 🔥 his/her ass!!!!
This is not The Young And The Restless, this is Proffessional Supercross that we pay to watch!!!!

|

1/12/2020 1:18 AM

I'll tell you what happened- Tomac GOT LUCKY! He was one lap away from a 6th place finish.

Where's this fabled greatness & beast-mode??

|

1/12/2020 1:54 AM

Thisusernameisavailable wrote:

I'll tell you what happened- Tomac GOT LUCKY! He was one lap away from a 6th place finish.

It happens a lot.

|

1/12/2020 6:27 AM

Split screen on that would have been great

|

Thanks to :Race Tech,Motosport.com,EVS,Engine Ice,Novik,Mika,DT1 Filters,FMF,Alias

1/12/2020 6:34 AM

tek14 wrote:

Get used to it. They'll replay that every time 94s name is said for the next 2 years...and just wait til Ralph gets back

|

1/12/2020 6:39 AM

tek14 wrote:

Unsurprising.

|

1/12/2020 6:43 AM

My wife even asked why we were watching "some chick in the stands"

|

1/12/2020 6:46 AM

Who cares. Tomac had 20 laps to make a move. Would rather watch Roczen accomplish something than a mid pack battle

|

1/12/2020 7:17 AM

If that fight would have been for first they would have had the cameras on them.
Kenny more than deserved the TV time.

|

1/12/2020 7:21 AM

tek14 wrote:

tcallahan707 wrote:

The storyline is.

The racing is the story. They could show the shots of his wife, split screen, during the podium interview. There’s time tell the personal story without neglecting the race.

|

1/12/2020 7:52 AM

It’s at hangtown waiting for 2020 outdoors to start

|

1/12/2020 7:57 AM

He never does good on short straight tracks. It’s like he needs those long straights to get rolling

|

1/12/2020 7:59 AM

He is hardly lucky he is the most inconsistent rider with the worst starts. And somehow has more wins and usually in the title hunt.

|

1/12/2020 8:04 AM

Yep some questionable coverage choices this week. That and the Mookie/Roczen crash throw backs had bad timing.

|

1/12/2020 8:12 AM

Same thing in the 250's. They had to show Forkner's dad for 3 minutes. We don't give a shit about the family in the stands. Show the racing.

|

1/12/2020 8:15 AM

Maybe they recycled the film and production crew from the price is right?

|

1/12/2020 9:14 AM

The Ken roczen story line of whether he can return to the top of the sport has been the single biggest story line in our sport for 3 years , in fact the only story that has made it outside of our small sport. The moment finally comes to fruition and you find a reason to complain . We will have Eli Tomac passes on camera for the rest of his career ( this pass wasn’t even for a podium) but you only get 1 first win back .. our sport severely lacks story lines and human interest .. we finally have one and you guys want to fast forward through it. Get a clue guys.

|

1/12/2020 9:16 AM

tek14 wrote:

tcallahan707 wrote:

The storyline is.

toroP wrote:

The racing is the story. They could show the shots of his wife, split screen, during the podium interview. There’s time tell the personal story without neglecting the race.

You people still don't get it. Showing the emotions from Ken Roczen, his wife and his team is making Ken Roczen a fan favorite. That makes that occasional fans who where watching yesterday will tune in next week to see how that German kid, who almost lost his arm, then injured his other arm but came back to the top, is doing at Anaheim2.

Those passes will probably not make anyone tune in next week. We already seen so many passes in the race, that it would be just a other one in a long row, so if it isn't a hard blockpass that knocks someone in the nets the general fan won't give a damn.

|

1/12/2020 9:19 AM

I'm so tired of the Ken Crash story. ( And I am a big Fan)
Are there really that many new people watching this sport that they have to repeat everything over and over?
Or have we all heard it ?
I'm happy we didn't have Ralph for this one he would have beat that dead horse Silly.

|

1/12/2020 9:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2020 9:45 AM

That was a special moment seeing Ken's wife emotionally anticipating his first win in three years. I could really care less about Tomac's lackluster performance at that very moment.

|

1/12/2020 9:31 AM

.....they can’t have multiple windows showing racing and family?.....

|

1/12/2020 10:24 AM

It’s live TV, the producers are making decisions on the fly, you’re not always going to get exactly what you want. If you expect perfection you’re never going to be happy.

|

1/12/2020 10:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2020 10:36 AM

They can tell all the side stories they want after and before the racing. It get's old watching split screens of everything but racing. I really don't care to see a wife, the pit crew, or anyone else except maybe the pit board during the race. My wife even complained about it, she said I'm glad we have a big screen can you imagine watching that on a regular sized screen. It's hard enough to see the numbers on the bikes in full screen. The production crew or boss doe not understand who watches the races.and to tries to add some human interest to it. The human interest is the race when it is happening.

|

1/12/2020 10:31 AM

Well, maybe after this win, the 2017 crash will be less of a storyline🤷🏻‍♂️ Probably not

“His chain popped off, and put itself back on, defying the laws of physics”
- Ricky “Heisenberg” Carmichael

|

1/12/2020 10:34 AM

nytsmaC wrote:

It’s live TV, the producers are making decisions on the fly, you’re not always going to get exactly what you want. If you expect perfection you’re never going to be happy.

We tuned in for racing......

|

1/12/2020 10:37 AM

therealhammer wrote:

The Ken roczen story line of whether he can return to the top of the sport has been the single biggest story line in our sport for 3 years , in fact the only story that has made it outside of our small sport. The moment finally comes to fruition and you find a reason to complain . We will have Eli Tomac passes on camera for the rest of his career ( this pass wasn’t even for a podium) but you only get 1 first win back .. our sport severely lacks story lines and human interest .. we finally have one and you guys want to fast forward through it. Get a clue guys.

We have enough clues, thank you. As close as this field is, those last laps points may have title implications.

There is time for human interest between and after the racing. It’s short sighted to think you have to neglect the racing to show Ken’s wife’s reaction.

|