TV Leaderboard

Related:
Create New Tag

1/18/2021 10:09 AM

Why can't they get that thing right?

Why do they usually have the leaders updated within the first few turns for a heat race, but it takes a lap or two to get the leaders updated for the LCQ?

Why do they have some guys on the wrong bikes?

Why are the time differences flipping back and forth between 2 seconds and 40 seconds?

Does anybody have any insight to the technical side of this and what could possibly be going on?

|

1/18/2021 10:48 AM

Its week one, lots of guys who raced last year on a different brand weren't updated yet. I know its frustrating, but just be happy we can watch the race live.

|

Kevin Windham, The man, the myth, the legend! Gonna miss seeing this man on the line.

-----Do or Do not, There is no try-----

1/18/2021 10:57 AM

The wrong bike got me with the GasGas icon being white.
But no big issue

|

1/18/2021 10:59 AM

mac3-d wrote:

But no big issue

Husqvarna is grey and GasGas is white. Naturally.

|

1/18/2021 11:30 AM

mac3-d wrote:

But no big issue

RichieW13 wrote:

Red was taken.....

|

“I’m not Swap…”

1/18/2021 11:57 AM

mac3-d wrote:

But no big issue

RichieW13 wrote:

DonM wrote:

Red was taken.....

But Husqvarnas are actually white. So shouldn't that be white, and then GasGas could be grey.

|

1/18/2021 12:02 PM

RichieW13 wrote:

DonM wrote:

Red was taken.....

RichieW13 wrote:

But Husqvarnas are actually white. So shouldn't that be white, and then GasGas could be grey.

Factory Husqvarnas are yellow and black now.

|

1/18/2021 12:05 PM

RichieW13 wrote:

DonM wrote:

Red was taken.....

RichieW13 wrote:

Only thing white on the Husky is the front fender.....mostly black & yellow now...

|

“I’m not Swap…”

1/18/2021 12:07 PM

DonM wrote:

Red was taken.....

RichieW13 wrote:

DonM wrote:

Only thing white on the Husky is the front fender.....mostly black & yellow now...

None of those colors are grey. Give Husky a black label then.

|

1/18/2021 12:34 PM

I just don't understand how it's almost the 50th year of supercross and we haven't put more timing loops, or have some sort of rapidly updating position tracker. Does not seem like officials are in a rush to improve this aspect of the event.

|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

1/18/2021 12:39 PM

USA wrote:

I just don't understand how it's almost the 50th year of supercross and we haven't put more timing loops, or have some sort of ...more

Yes, that's another great point.

Since the results list 4 "segments", I assume that's how many transponder readers they have. With ~45 second lap times, we are getting a timing update every ~11 seconds.

Is it a cost or technological barrier to double the transponders, so that we can get an update every 5-10 seconds instead?

|