TRIUMPH Announces Coming Line Of MX and Enduro Bikes, Carmichael to Test

Alan Dove
1/29/2022 1:14pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Triumph guys at A2. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/01/29/531098/s1200_272816631_1120178508744875_5744278520007518482_n.jpg[/img]
Triumph guys at A2.

I've never felt so patriotic. The brits are coming.
TeamGreen
1/29/2022 1:17pm
Ruh Roh

The Red Coats are HERE!

Grinning

I can't wait to run "278" on a Brit Bike
Murph
2/1/2022 6:40am
At least this is mostly a proper Triumph.

The Shop

Money
2/1/2022 6:51am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Triumph guys at A2. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/01/29/531098/s1200_272816631_1120178508744875_5744278520007518482_n.jpg[/img]
Triumph guys at A2.

Alan Dove wrote:
I've never felt so patriotic. The brits are coming.
And Bobby Hewitt was there too. Ironic that he was there when the triumph people were there
gt80rider
2/1/2022 7:27am
Since the announcement in July.. it looks like they've made it to the t-shirt stage!! Triumph is truly crushing it...... now, if they could just put out a bike (that nobody was asking for and the market needs like a hole in the head).....
VicDaMoan03
2/1/2022 7:34am
Was the old model Suzuki comment here just speculation or a valid rumor?
Alan Dove
2/1/2022 7:58am
gt80rider wrote:
Since the announcement in July.. it looks like they've made it to the t-shirt stage!! Triumph is truly crushing it...... now, if they could just put...
Since the announcement in July.. it looks like they've made it to the t-shirt stage!! Triumph is truly crushing it...... now, if they could just put out a bike (that nobody was asking for and the market needs like a hole in the head).....
Racing always needs more manufacturers so not sure what you mean by the market doesn't need it.
JBlain619
2/1/2022 8:04am
Speculation. Just like it's speculation that its a badged Austrian bike.
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
2/1/2022 8:28am
gt80rider wrote:
Since the announcement in July.. it looks like they've made it to the t-shirt stage!! Triumph is truly crushing it...... now, if they could just put...
You are the biggest wet blanket on vital and it’s not particularly close. You have a problem with everything.
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
2/1/2022 8:29am
Rumor was they were testing there chassis with a Suzuki motor in it. Whether they’ll use a Suzuki motor in production is anyone’s guess
tek14
2/1/2022 12:05pm
soggy wrote:
Rumor was they were testing there chassis with a Suzuki motor in it. Whether they’ll use a Suzuki motor in production is anyone’s guess
It was Suzuki frame and their motor?
Alan Dove
2/1/2022 12:22pm
If you can test a chassis before the motor is ready, then you bolt what you can in... is the logic there I'd guess. Highly unlikely Triumph are gonna use an off the shelf engine in actual production.
peltier626
2/1/2022 4:49pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Triumph guys at A2.

Ahh progression! Now we are getting somewhere. Here comes the men in black!
ACBailey89
Fantasy
2553rd
2/1/2022 6:12pm Edited Date/Time 2/1/2022 6:16pm
Sounds like a slow process
2/1/2022 7:59pm
gt80rider wrote:
I might be the only one here that agrees with you. While a new bike would be cool, this is the worst time and market for one. This is not an industry running rampant with demand. An overcrowded market can be very bad for ALL manufacturers and thus customers. Splitting sales further is only going to reduce profits and thus reinvestment. So we get less innovation and potentially even the demise of an existing manufacturer. In this case, I see Triumph ultimately pulling the plug. The only question is how much time and money they burn before doing so. I think this is a horrendous decision by Triumph management.
2/2/2022 12:40am
gt80rider wrote:
I might be the only one here that agrees with you. While a new bike would be cool, this is the worst time and market for...
I might be the only one here that agrees with you. While a new bike would be cool, this is the worst time and market for one. This is not an industry running rampant with demand. An overcrowded market can be very bad for ALL manufacturers and thus customers. Splitting sales further is only going to reduce profits and thus reinvestment. So we get less innovation and potentially even the demise of an existing manufacturer. In this case, I see Triumph ultimately pulling the plug. The only question is how much time and money they burn before doing so. I think this is a horrendous decision by Triumph management.
Yeah, because KTM have done reeeeally badly investing in the off-road market while the Japs took their eye off the ball..

The history of modern-era Triumph is one of research, careful planning, thoroughly tested products released in markets they've done their homework on. John Bloor isn't a guy for vanity projects.
mjones7212
Fantasy
3327th
2/2/2022 9:28am
I heard Ryder D is who they are looking at as a rider
nofearccracer
Fantasy
1193rd
2/2/2022 9:48am
soggy wrote:
Based on a recent interview, one of the high ups at Triumph America came from suzuki, so that makes sense why/where that connection came from.

Which motor is used in production will all depend on when production begins I'm sure, as rumor is they have their own engine in development but the chassis and rest of the bike is much closer to production ready. Will be up to them if they want to get it on the market to start racing and selling bikes using suzuki or someone else's motor, or hold off until the in house engine is ready as well.
TeamGreen
2/2/2022 10:01am Edited Date/Time 2/2/2022 10:03am
gt80rider wrote:
I might be the only one here that agrees with you. While a new bike would be cool, this is the worst time and market for...
Yeah, because KTM have done reeeeally badly investing in the off-road market while the Japs took their eye off the ball.. The history of modern-era Triumph...
Yeah, because KTM have done reeeeally badly investing in the off-road market while the Japs took their eye off the ball..

The history of modern-era Triumph is one of research, careful planning, thoroughly tested products released in markets they've done their homework on. John Bloor isn't a guy for vanity projects.
Yup

Seems to me…I’ve been reading about record sales numbers in the off-road and dual-sport segments, too. So, I’m really not getting how anyone that’s following the industry can say this is “bad timing”…?

Over the last few years, in addition to the brands that have historically been involved in the market, KTM has added GasGas (and that’s increased unit sales), Beta’s grown rather rapidly, various electric brands are selling plenty of units…like Zero, and now Triumph and the rumor mill says Harley is taking a look…so…

I think Triumph is doing this from a wise and informed position that’s based on brand awareness and development. Since the 90s, when Triumph really became a legit OEM/brand…again, they’ve made plenty of smart moves.
ricky racer
2/2/2022 10:44am Edited Date/Time 2/2/2022 10:46am
With all of the excitement and talk about electric motorcycles and the direction that the industry is heading, it seems like any new venture into any new motorcycle would likely be electric not gas powered. Not that I want to see that. I wonder if that could be partly what the talks with the AMA and Feld are about. Sooner or later they're going to have to allow e-bikes on the track.
mooch
Fantasy
501st
2/2/2022 11:26am
gt80rider wrote:
soggy wrote:
You are the biggest wet blanket on vital and it’s not particularly close. You have a problem with everything.
Believe that must be some kinda schtick he likes doing...very hard to be so consistently annoying.
brocster
2/2/2022 12:09pm
gt80rider wrote:
soggy wrote:
mooch wrote:
Believe that must be some kinda schtick he likes doing...very hard to be so consistently annoying.
Probably because he was bullied as a kid. He rode a gt80 you know…

I kid, I had a clapped out gt80 that I bought for $50 that I couldn’t keep running for shit.
2/2/2022 3:48pm
Bet they don't Cannondale it and try to reinvent the wheel,I mean engine and have consumers try to finish R&D, the be left with their dicks in hand.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
2/2/2022 4:26pm
With all of the excitement and talk about electric motorcycles and the direction that the industry is heading, it seems like any new venture into any...
With all of the excitement and talk about electric motorcycles and the direction that the industry is heading, it seems like any new venture into any new motorcycle would likely be electric not gas powered. Not that I want to see that. I wonder if that could be partly what the talks with the AMA and Feld are about. Sooner or later they're going to have to allow e-bikes on the track.
If they were strictly focusing on the mx market that makes more sense, but I believe it's been said a few times that they're only going MX racing to legitimize/draw interest to their adventure bikes, and battery tech isn't there yet for an ADV bike application. IMO.
wfopete
2/3/2022 8:55am
With all of the excitement and talk about electric motorcycles and the direction that the industry is heading, it seems like any new venture into any...
Agreed. Why invest with a totally new ICE bike when in a few years they may very well be on the way out?
2/3/2022 9:08am Edited Date/Time 2/3/2022 9:09am
wfopete wrote:
Agreed. Why invest with a totally new ICE bike when in a few years they may very well be on the way out?
I never understood why it has to be one or the other? what if they developed a bike with either option? i would guess weight would be an issue but maybe even a hybrid?
KONG
2/3/2022 9:52am
wfopete wrote:
Cuz' they've got balls and stick to their guns?
So rare, these days...

Post a reply to: TRIUMPH Announces Coming Line Of MX and Enduro Bikes, Carmichael to Test

The Latest