TNT MX

Greg #49
Can anyone tell me whatever became of TNT MX in Chester, SC after the passing of Ms Barb. Did anyone ever take it over?
|
1/26/2019 3:19pm
I always heard that she leased the land. Once her agreement ended, no one else would be able to get the insurance coverage needed to run a track. She only had it since she was grandfathered in. This is all word of mouth so don’t quote me on that. I went by there about a month ago and the gate was closed and everything was all overgrown.
JustMX
1/27/2019 8:55am
She owned the land.

She also had debt, including back taxes and medical bills after she got sick.

When she would send out emails and fb posts asking people to come ride, she was sincere.

The late 00's were an especially tough time in her business and she had been hanging on by her fingernails for years. She did have a lot of great people that really helped her.

Shifts in the industry also affected tnt. Atvs and side by sides were an increasing part of the business and she didn't really have enough room to accomdate them without sacrificing her trails to the mud bog they seem to enjoy.

She loved being an entry level facility and did a great job at running one. Unfortunately the sport is also shifting away from that as well to one that requires silly obstacles and riders that aren't happy unless the track has been fully groomed 4 hours ago, (even on a tuesday).

It is sad to think that all the work and love that she put into it over the years is just fading away and turning into a thicket.
Greg #49
1/27/2019 3:04pm
Thanks for the replies guys. It is sad that someone was not able to keep it going for Ms Barb.

Post a reply to: TNT MX

The Latest