TMX Official Silly Season Report

davistld01
|
Sully
8/24/2017 3:51pm
It's good to see that Grant renegotiated with Kawasaki. The guy was having a career year before he got hurt.
davistld01
8/24/2017 4:07pm
Kinda oldish news...because I believe I read that Broc Tickle was definately going to be Marvin Musquin's teammate at RedBull KTM, and Martin Davalos was going to be a 250f pilot again with Monster Energy Pro Circuit Kawasaki.

Brent
8/24/2017 4:39pm
Is Pourcel retiring?
Hadn't heard that before...
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/25/2017 9:49am
Brent wrote:
Is Pourcel retiring?
I think Pourcel is done with the US series. He has an option to come back to Canada in 2018 if he chooses to come back.

Alessi I believe is skipping the SX series and coming back to Canada next year before calling it a career. He mentioned that he'll retire at 30 and he turns 30 in May of 2018. Who really knows. He seems to be enjoying himself in Canada so he might do a few more seasons and just be done with SX. That would leave him with a laid back schedule and plenty of time to focus on other stuff like starting a family.

The Shop

Radical
Fantasy
2360th
8/25/2017 9:52am
Brent wrote:
Is Pourcel retiring?
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I think Pourcel is done with the US series. He has an option to come back to Canada in 2018 if he chooses to come back...
I think Pourcel is done with the US series. He has an option to come back to Canada in 2018 if he chooses to come back.

Alessi I believe is skipping the SX series and coming back to Canada next year before calling it a career. He mentioned that he'll retire at 30 and he turns 30 in May of 2018. Who really knows. He seems to be enjoying himself in Canada so he might do a few more seasons and just be done with SX. That would leave him with a laid back schedule and plenty of time to focus on other stuff like starting a family.
Alessi said a few months back that this was his last season, definitely. We'll see what he does.
I hope he races one more season, but he needs to do what's best for him.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/25/2017 10:05am
Brent wrote:
Is Pourcel retiring?
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I think Pourcel is done with the US series. He has an option to come back to Canada in 2018 if he chooses to come back...

Radical wrote:
Alessi said a few months back that this was his last season, definitely. We'll see what he does. I hope he races one more season, but...
Alessi said a few months back that this was his last season, definitely. We'll see what he does.
Pretty certain that he's coming back up here next year. Said it during a podium interview. Can't remember which round it was but he said something along the lines of "looking forward to do it again next year".

Guess we'll see. Hope he does. The series is better with him in it.
Radical
Fantasy
2360th
8/25/2017 11:13am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Radical wrote:
Alessi said a few months back that this was his last season, definitely. We'll see what he does. I hope he races one more season, but...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Pretty certain that he's coming back up here next year. Said it during a podium interview. Can't remember which round it was but he said something...
Pretty certain that he's coming back up here next year. Said it during a podium interview. Can't remember which round it was but he said something along the lines of "looking forward to do it again next year".

Guess we'll see. Hope he does. The series is better with him in it.
Good to hear!
51xc
8/25/2017 11:40am
so jmart to stay 250's full time again? sucks...
benny 450 full time is cool. he could be a positive surprise.
gt80rider
8/25/2017 11:42am
Man, so many big names without a ride... If you need proof our sport is in decline, here is yet another example...
davistld01
8/25/2017 11:59am
gt80rider wrote:
Man, so many big names without a ride... If you need proof our sport is in decline, here is yet another example...
You know, I'm not convinced that the sport is declining...but one this is for certain, there is a lot less room at the top!
51xc
8/25/2017 12:59pm
gt80rider wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
You know, I'm not convinced that the sport is declining...but one this is for certain, there is a lot less room at the top!
3 teams down (twotwo, yosh suzuki, rch) and 1 up (factory yamaha) in the past 3 years...it's declining.
IWreckALot
8/25/2017 1:03pm
gt80rider wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
51xc wrote:
3 teams down (twotwo, yosh suzuki, rch) and 1 up (factory yamaha) in the past 3 years...it's declining.
Didn't JGR take a step up also?
51xc
8/25/2017 1:38pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2017 1:39pm
davistld01 wrote:
51xc wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
Didn't JGR take a step up also?
sure they did but the overall amount of quality rides seems to go down. twotwo, yosh suzuki and rch had each 2 riders (rch even 3 at times) and jgr "only" has a 3rd rider for mx. now red bull ktm and atv mc wps ktm seem to "only" have 2 rider also for '18. also that geico 450 ride seems not to happen for '18. that's some 9 rides down in the past 3 years (if it stays like it is). and then we have 2 rides for yamaha and 1 ride (weimer) for smart top honda that are new. not sure if I missed something but it doesn't look to good. maybe the top guys earn more, but that doesn't mean it will help the sport overall.

Post a reply to: TMX Official Silly Season Report

The Latest