TM at Loretta's

Related:
Create New Tag

8/3/2017 1:49 PM

I want a TM 125 or 144. But I want to be able to get parts now, and couple yrs down the road. it would feel like riding a factory bike. Those things are trick.

|

8/4/2017 1:37 PM

wpark89 wrote:

Awesome to see something different at the front of the pack. Tm's have always been so trick and good looking. Someday I will ...more

It's not a monetary issue. I can assure you that. TM is fine in that regard. TM also doesn't need a "sugar-daddy" either lol

You'll see more on the professional side of things in the next couple years.

|

8/4/2017 1:53 PM

wpark89 wrote:

Awesome to see something different at the front of the pack. Tm's have always been so trick and good looking. Someday I will ...more

tmracinggeorgia wrote:

It's not a monetary issue. I can assure you that. TM is fine in that regard. TM also doesn't need a "sugar-daddy" either lol
...more

If that's truly the case then it's about damn time they start making moves in the US market.

One more manufacturer is a good thing. More rides available is good for the sport. How long will it take for them to get some talent on their team, that's the question.

Throwing a bunch of money at riders in the hopes that they will ride your brand doesn't always work especially when riders want to contend for podiums and wins. They want something that's proven and at the moment TM is not. Bright side is look at KTM no one wanted to ride them and now you seem them everywhere.

Hopefully they can get a couple good mid pack/top 15 riders to start and build from there.

Oh and I vote Steinke for a 125 ride!

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

8/4/2017 2:59 PM

Great idea. Throw Stankdog 125's.

|

8/4/2017 6:22 PM

tmracinggeorgia wrote:

...more

TM will NEVER accomplish shit in the US market, and especially at any type of PRO level............stamp it!!cool cool

|

8/4/2017 6:33 PM

mauidex wrote:

SECTION 1.2 MOTOCROSS EQUIPMENT
Special Note: The American Motorcyclist Association doesn't inspect vehicles in AMA-sanctioned ...more

AMA needs to get with the times and help out the little manufactures not hinder them.

|

8/4/2017 8:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2017 8:10 PM

Several of the euro enduro manufacturer's have bikes the can run with the best of them, even if they have headlights.
Not all make mini's. Beta, Sherco and TM all have very modern capable machinery and don't import enough volume to ever enter the Pro ranks, nor care to spend the cubic dollars to compete at that level.

To sell 400 bikes to a market that they have never directly been in, is a fantasy.

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

8/4/2017 8:14 PM

wpark89 wrote:

tmracinggeorgia wrote:

...more

Any updates to the 18 smokers?

|

8/4/2017 8:27 PM

Johnny Depp wrote:

Several of the euro enduro manufacturer's have bikes the can run with the best of them, even if they have headlights.
Not all ...more

Since the topic is amateur racing, 75 units seems doable. To that, the am market has much bigger sales potential. So, if they ever want to get into the pro market, the amateur market would be a good place to start. If.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

8/4/2017 8:31 PM

Tanel Leok raced a TM450 for a few seasons in MXGP some yrs back. Hope Ty Masterpool takes the O/A on his.

|

8/5/2017 5:55 AM

Back in the day, and I'm taking '96, I was tight with a guy that owned one of the largest TM distributors in Italy (and you would not be impressed with the size of his shop). He was tight with the TM guys in Pesaro, and told me that their business model was keep things small and had no interest expanding passed a certain point. That was back then of course, but maaaybe (no pun intended here) they have a real passion for building cool bikes and their main goal is not just making billions of euros. Maybe they like to stay small so they can still shut down the factory from 12 to 3 pm for lunch everyday (ok don't take that literally, but that's what Italians do in general)

|

8/5/2017 7:18 AM

andymoto wrote:

Tanel Leok raced a TM450 for a few seasons in MXGP some yrs back. Hope Ty Masterpool takes the O/A on his.

He won both of the Supermini classes on it!

|

8/5/2017 8:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/5/2017 8:06 AM

wpark89 wrote:

tmracinggeorgia wrote:

...more

JWACK wrote:

Any updates to the 18 smokers?

All new revised frame. The 85/100 will have a new power pant. The good thing about TM is we are required to solely produce a bike every August with changes.. we can introduce a model mid year if we want. Stay tuned for the changes you're looking for wink

|

8/5/2017 8:04 AM

wpark89 wrote:

tmracinggeorgia wrote:

...more

mauidex wrote:

TM will NEVER accomplish shit in the US market, and especially at any type of PRO level............stamp it!!cool cool

Why would we sacrifice the quality of the product we are producing to just crank up the volume of bikes we produce? Proven model, proven track record...

There's a reason we make 2,000 a year. When the time comes to expand, Tm will make that decision. Until then keep Vital-ing smile

|

8/5/2017 8:43 AM

tmracinggeorgia wrote:

Why would we sacrifice the quality of the product we are producing to just crank up the volume of bikes we produce? Proven ...more

"It's not a monetary issue. I can assure you that. TM is fine in that regard. TM also doesn't need a "sugar-daddy" either lol

You'll see more on the professional side of things in the next couple years."

Just pick which one you believe to be correct!!!! Either keep being a boutique, almost hobby MFG, or get in the game. Great bikes but not competitive, from a business standpoint, in the US.whistling whistling

|

8/5/2017 9:00 AM

Some people on here.... w00t

|

8/5/2017 12:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/5/2017 12:27 PM

Don't focus any anger on the manufacturer who wants to do his own thing. Anger belongs focused on the racing organizations that perpetuate a system of have's and have not's based on "stakeholder's" which means money.

The promoter that develops a system not built around "protected classes" but pairs riders of equal skill together will rule the "roost" and kill off the traditional class systems. To a large degree it already has happened in off road competition, where more seat time and better turnouts are slowly siphoning off the MX world.

When it doesn't matter what size or brand bike you ride , the TM's and Alta's of the world will prosper.

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart