TLD Catalyst-X knee braces

usp4u
Edited Date/Time 6/18/2015 10:35pm
We all know knee braces work/fit differently for each person, but I often why I never hear anything about these?
Over the winter I dumbed onto a single NIB on ebay for $125, bought to see how it fit, then got the other side from BTO. I have tried Asterisk Cell, every EVS, and borrowed a set of POD for a day and these TLDs are easily the most comfortable and stay put all day...Any one else using them? Any issues long term? I was shocked how satisfied I am given the middle of the road price point.
|
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
6/18/2015 11:10am
Same here, I got them and felt comfortable in them almost instantly. They have been holding up well also.
6/18/2015 11:32am
I bought them about 3 years ago, they fit great. For some reason I have a weird bend in my left leg/knee. Everytime I tried Asteriks, POD they hurt, TLD first perfect. Only downfall is the inner side knee pad can fall off from time to time. Also when strapping them on I try not to make them too tight on the bottom or you will feel it. Overall great knee brace, would definitely buy them again and again.
Cacka C
6/18/2015 1:01pm
My experiences are similar to Chizzain. The pads on the inside of the hinge are glued with the worst glue ever, fell off my second ride. I laced em up with grip glue and haven't had a problem with that since. Also to deal with tightness, I just put them on while standing up and do a few squats to make sure none of the plastic straps are digging. The fit is great once you figure out what's comfortable for you.

Haven't tried any other braces before so I can't compare them to anything else... I will say though that I partially tore my MCL while wearing these -- I cannot say whether a different brace would have prevented, or if the circumstance was just something that a brace can't protect against... Dabbing my foot around hardpack corner, felt like my whole leg went numb immediately after my foot contacted ground.
6/18/2015 4:33pm
I've had them since 2011 when they first came out and I love them.

The Shop

6/18/2015 5:00pm
I bought mine in 2013 and have never regretted it. The only downside I've noticed is the white coloring gets dirty pretty quickly but besides that I have never had any trouble with them
Paul333
6/18/2015 6:50pm
I have been using them for the past years with zero issues. They are comfortable and held up very well.

My only issue is losing the inside foam pad every once in a while but thats my fault.
Briggs984
6/18/2015 10:35pm
Love mine, glad I bought them over the other brands. I have been wearing them for about 3 years or so. The wrap around the hinge is starting to wear out but that's it. I know they have saved my knees more then a few times, they tuck well into the top off my boots. To help with over tightening I flex well strapping them up, it gives a little play for when your riding .

Post a reply to: TLD Catalyst-X knee braces

The Latest