TIGA243 MEC

Press516
Fantasy
126th
10/22/2019 6:09am
BobbyM wrote:
Yer a real dick if you bag on Gasser for racing this race and his results. He did much better than the loop out American rider...
Yer a real dick if you bag on Gasser for racing this race and his results. He did much better than the loop out American rider that attempted to race the MXGP's a few years back.
mxbrian15 wrote:
You mean RV, who actually won a MXGP race? I didn't see Tiga win on Saturday. I guess 5th overall is better than a win?
BobbyM wrote:
Gasser didn't loop out in his 3rd race either.
I'm a huge TG243 fan, but sometimes when someone types before they think, you have to call them out on it... This is one of those times.

You keep pointing at a 3rd race crash, while ignoring a 1st race rhythm failure. As if 1 is somehow way worse than the other. TG was in over his head in 2017... And damn lucky he wasn't hurt. RV had already thrown in the towel of retirement and still won a race.

Natester551v
10/22/2019 6:10am
Pettiness over MXGP vs AMA isn't a good look for anyone. Good for Gajser for coming over - he's an amazing talent. He'd be near the front on either side of the Atlantic...
10/22/2019 6:28am
Press516 wrote:
I'm a huge TG243 fan, but sometimes when someone types before they think, you have to call them out on it... This is one of those...
I'm a huge TG243 fan, but sometimes when someone types before they think, you have to call them out on it... This is one of those times.

You keep pointing at a 3rd race crash, while ignoring a 1st race rhythm failure. As if 1 is somehow way worse than the other. TG was in over his head in 2017... And damn lucky he wasn't hurt. RV had already thrown in the towel of retirement and still won a race.

rv won on a track that everyone said was sx styled.
and geuss what?, it was.
obviously you forgot that part.

go have a look, if its up somewhere..

The Shop

10/22/2019 6:30am
Park Boys wrote:
He should be given credit for a being a man with no EGO. He knew he was not gonna win or even come close to it...
He should be given credit for a being a man with no EGO. He knew he was not gonna win or even come close to it and thats huge for someone on his level. This does not happen in racing anymore. Huge props to him for that and this is not a dig in any way shape or form. Shows the character someone like Tim possess. I can’t think of another top level GP rider that would come over and do what he did. This was nearly completely out of is element. It should be said that these guys do race man made tracks now but none of them have rhythm sections like this. There are guys in this sport whose attitudes make them easy or easier to dislike. Then there is Tim, if you dislike him. You’re the problem.
I absolutely LOVE your post Parkboys! Its made me think... I could work also with a little adjustment.. ;-)

*Regarding Team USA @ MXoN*

They should be given credit for a being a TEAM with no EGO. THEY knew THEY WERE not gonna win or even come close to it and thats huge for GUYS on This level. This does not happen in racing anymore. Huge props to THEM for that and this is not a dig in any way shape or form. Shows the character PEOPLE like THEM possess. I CAN think of another top level USA rider that would NOT come over and do what TheY did. This was nearly completely out of THEIR element. It should be said that these guys do race SAND tracks now but none of them ARE AS DEEP AS this. There are guys in this sport whose attitudes make them easy or easier to dislike. Then there is ZACH, JASON & JUSTIN, if you dislike THEM, You’re the problem.
Press516
Fantasy
126th
10/22/2019 6:33am
Press516 wrote:
I'm a huge TG243 fan, but sometimes when someone types before they think, you have to call them out on it... This is one of those...

rv won on a track that everyone said was sx styled. and geuss what?, it was. obviously you forgot that part. go have a look, if...
rv won on a track that everyone said was sx styled.
and geuss what?, it was.
obviously you forgot that part.

go have a look, if its up somewhere..
As if that is somehow relevant... ROFL.

RV was retired and still won... obviously you forgot that part.

Me? I'll just keep rooting for TG243 and the rest of you can keep whining about AMA vs MXGP....
hamncheeze
10/22/2019 8:46am
teamddr wrote:
Ok I get it With the one weeks training he did and he got 5th The only guys that beat him have been training for months...
Ok I get it
With the one weeks training he did and he got 5th
The only guys that beat him have been training for months
If he came over trained as much as the other guys he’s top 15
Gotcha
No consideration for the other guys listed who were not at MEC? And if you read my post properly, you would see that I don't have him in 15th all season. There's a massive difference from racing MEC to a real SX track. Whoops, rhythms are more technical and the starts are often much less forgiving. Tim would have to get proficient at racing on these tracks. Not just proficient at riding them. You understand that every guy I mentioned in my post has YEARS of Supercross craft right? I'm sorry but there's no way Tim can just come in and train for a few months and run up front consistently.

But it's all a moot point. He's unlikely to risk his MXGP career riding a few early season SX races. I'm sure Honda would have something to say if he wanted to line up at A1. And you and I will agree to disagree and the only common ground we have is that both Canada and Ireland are small time in the grand scheme of dirt bike racing, and neither of us should take this shit so seriously!
keinz
10/22/2019 9:17am Edited Date/Time 10/22/2019 9:29am
l

End of discussion

teamddr
10/22/2019 9:22am
teamddr wrote:
Ok I get it With the one weeks training he did and he got 5th The only guys that beat him have been training for months...
Ok I get it
Gotcha
hamncheeze wrote:
No consideration for the other guys listed who were not at MEC? And if you read my post properly, you would see that I don't have...
No consideration for the other guys listed who were not at MEC? And if you read my post properly, you would see that I don't have him in 15th all season. There's a massive difference from racing MEC to a real SX track. Whoops, rhythms are more technical and the starts are often much less forgiving. Tim would have to get proficient at racing on these tracks. Not just proficient at riding them. You understand that every guy I mentioned in my post has YEARS of Supercross craft right? I'm sorry but there's no way Tim can just come in and train for a few months and run up front consistently.

But it's all a moot point. He's unlikely to risk his MXGP career riding a few early season SX races. I'm sure Honda would have something to say if he wanted to line up at A1. And you and I will agree to disagree and the only common ground we have is that both Canada and Ireland are small time in the grand scheme of dirt bike racing, and neither of us should take this shit so seriously!
Not taken it seriously but I think you are wrong
The subject at hand is TG243 at the MEC and the size of Ireland ( wouldn’t live anywhere else) has nothing to do with it.
Bearuno
10/22/2019 10:35am
Press516 wrote:

Care to put up Tomacs crash at the very same event, that had him quit the rest of the event, too?

Shit happens to all riders, but those with selective memories, do just that : select.

This time, Tim did well, and, stayed safe and upright, to be able to prepare for the series he's contracted to, and, paid a hell of a lot to do. He and his hard headed Dad negotiated quite the contract for himself, a few years ago : big money, and, quite a deal of freedom. I suspect that Honda, added a fair bit more to keep him at their main goal - the MXGP class, after his 2016 450 World Championship. Not sure if he's already re - upped his Honda contract or it runs it's course at the end of next season. I recall it was for 5 years, but can't recall if it was either signed in 2015 before his 250 WC, or after it, starting from 2016?
APLMAN99
10/22/2019 12:24pm
hamncheeze wrote:
I love a good Europe vs USA fight as a Canadian. I think Tim had a great night in Vegas. He was better than I expected...
I love a good Europe vs USA fight as a Canadian.

I think Tim had a great night in Vegas. He was better than I expected. Having said that, this was a weak field, and the track was relatively tame compared to a full on SX track. No whoops, no crazy rhythms down the 3rd baseline like we get at A2, etc, etc. So we have to put his performance in context. Sure he beat Barcia, but from what I've seen on IG neither Barcia or Plessinger have been motoing down on the SX track. Is that an excuse? Sure, but also a fact. Neither guy was race sharp at all.

Having said that, I do believe if Tim did a full season in the US riding 450 SX, he would improve to a very good level as long as he could stay healthy. I would say early in the series when everyone is healthy he's around 12th place, but certainly by the last few rounds I would see him racing for top-5s and possibly a podium. If you think 12th is an insulting number here are the guys I put ahead of him: Webb, Tomac, Musquin, Roczen, Anderson, Osborne, Baggett, Brayton, Barcia, Savatgy, Cianciarulo, Wilson, Mookie. Note that is actually 13 guys but on any given night shit happens to at least a couple of guys. Still, I think in the early part of the season when it's pretty healthy he's going to be right around Friese level which is really 10-15. I don't think this is an insult to him. Look at the guys I just listed. 8 of those 13 have won 450 SX races. All but JB10 have won 250 SX races and 8 of 13 have a 250 SX title. That is a very elite group.

Since people like to compare Tim to Barcia after Saturday, if Bam Bam went to MXGP for a full season he'd be 8-12 most motos. He'd struggle with the track variety and how fast the MXGP guys can ride through a turn. In fact he might have a harder time becoming a top-5 guy in MXGP than Gajser a top-5 guy in SX.
teamddr wrote:
Ok I get it
Gotcha
What do you mean 5 days of training vs other guys who’ve been training for months? You’re just kidding, right?
BroFoSho
10/22/2019 12:37pm
Last I checked, Gajser got beat by 1.) A kid who has never raced a 450 2.) Basketcase Tomac who crashed during the race 3.) Mookie who hasn't line up for a race in 10 months, and 4.) Vince Fuckin' Freise
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
10/22/2019 12:44pm
BroFoSho wrote:
Last I checked, Gajser got beat by 1.) A kid who has never raced a 450 2.) Basketcase Tomac who crashed during the race 3.) Mookie...
Last I checked, Gajser got beat by 1.) A kid who has never raced a 450 2.) Basketcase Tomac who crashed during the race 3.) Mookie who hasn't line up for a race in 10 months, and 4.) Vince Fuckin' Freise
Did you know that 2, 3 and 4 (Vince Fuckin Friese) beat your 2019 Supercross champ at Monster Cup last year?
10/22/2019 12:49pm Edited Date/Time 10/22/2019 1:40pm
BroFoSho wrote:
Last I checked, Gajser got beat by 1.) A kid who has never raced a 450 2.) Basketcase Tomac who crashed during the race 3.) Mookie...
I would guess that Gajser is ok with that. I don't think he expected to win. He said he wanted to be competitive, not get hurt, and have fun. I think it checked all the boxes for him. I think the fans were glad he came, he had long autograph lines, and he was one of the 5 or 6 riders who got a special introduction during opening ceremonies. All good stuff. I imagine he will be back next year if they hold the MEC again
Press516
Fantasy
126th
10/22/2019 1:41pm
Press516 wrote:

Bearuno wrote:
Care to put up Tomacs crash at the very same event, that had him quit the rest of the event, too? Shit happens to [i]all [/i]...
Care to put up Tomacs crash at the very same event, that had him quit the rest of the event, too?

Shit happens to all riders, but those with selective memories, do just that : select.

This time, Tim did well, and, stayed safe and upright, to be able to prepare for the series he's contracted to, and, paid a hell of a lot to do. He and his hard headed Dad negotiated quite the contract for himself, a few years ago : big money, and, quite a deal of freedom. I suspect that Honda, added a fair bit more to keep him at their main goal - the MXGP class, after his 2016 450 World Championship. Not sure if he's already re - upped his Honda contract or it runs it's course at the end of next season. I recall it was for 5 years, but can't recall if it was either signed in 2015 before his 250 WC, or after it, starting from 2016?
Well, the context of my post and what I was replying to, obviously went WAY over your head.

No surprise... Fanatics are unable to see clearly when someone points out something about their hero.
Bearuno
10/24/2019 10:29pm
Press516 wrote:

Bearuno wrote:
Care to put up Tomacs crash at the very same event, that had him quit the rest of the event, too? Shit happens to [i]all [/i]...

Press516 wrote:
Well, the context of my post and what I was replying to, obviously went WAY over your head. No surprise... Fanatics are unable to see clearly...
Well, the context of my post and what I was replying to, obviously went WAY over your head.

No surprise... Fanatics are unable to see clearly when someone points out something about their hero.

Gajser a 'Hero' to me?

No, not in any way.

No sportspeople are heroes to me. That level of adulation, is for pre-teens, or those that hold on to that level of immaturity.
Press516
Fantasy
126th
10/25/2019 6:02pm
Bearuno wrote:

Press516 wrote:
Well, the context of my post and what I was replying to, obviously went WAY over your head. No surprise... Fanatics are unable to see clearly...

Bearuno wrote:
Gajser a 'Hero' to me? No, not in any way. [i]No[/i] sportspeople are heroes to me. That level of adulation, is for pre-teens, or those that...

Gajser a 'Hero' to me?

No, not in any way.

No sportspeople are heroes to me. That level of adulation, is for pre-teens, or those that hold on to that level of immaturity.
So then you simply admit that your reading comprehension sucks, got it.

Post a reply to: TIGA243 MEC

The Latest