The Place For OBJECTIVE MX / MXGP

USMCMXer
9/4/2016 12:41pm Edited Date/Time 9/5/2016 1:30am
Hey guys, just wanted to see how long we could keep a thread objective, on track and not personal? I am a sarcastic feller (sorry RichardLoots, all in good fun), but let's keep this within the realm of realistic. Throw out some of your own, objective observations (sorry Matthes), not hypothetical what-ifs.
I'll start: JH 84 is one fast mo-fo, and everyone should be able to see that if they are any kind of moto fan. AF214, that kid is on rails, and gaining confidence in droves lately?! Whether you love him or hate him, you cannot question the heart and drive of Cooper Webb. Will be great to see everyone go at it next weekend at The Glen! Here's to TIGA243 and AC222 having a better weekend and bringing a race to the blazing fast ET3.
|
ML512
Fantasy
36th
9/4/2016 12:47pm
Here's my objective opinion, YOU GUYS ARE DRIVING ME INSANE! I don't want to sit through another USGP and MXdN at this rate... Laughing
USMCMXer
9/4/2016 1:03pm
ML512 wrote:
Here's my objective opinion, YOU GUYS ARE DRIVING ME INSANE! I don't want to sit through another USGP and MXdN at this rate... Laughing
Well, you're not helping with that attitude! HahahaWinkWink
USMCMXer
9/4/2016 1:04pm
I love lamp!
ML512
Fantasy
36th
9/4/2016 1:17pm
USMCMXer wrote:
Well, you're not helping with that attitude! HahahaWinkWink
Well I have to admit, it was a good warm up for MXdN by letting me snip a person or two that weren't contributing much other than fishing their own agendas...

The Shop

Flip109
9/4/2016 1:24pm
My opinion is anytime we can get the best on both sides of the world together in a single race it is a win for us all! Shame Kroc n dungey weren't in the mix.
jj welks
9/4/2016 1:29pm
Did the US guys have their same set up they ran through the Nationals? Curious because don't the euros run actual works bikes? Anyone spot any special parts on the US Guy's bikes?
USMCMXer
9/4/2016 1:31pm Edited Date/Time 9/4/2016 1:36pm
Flip109 wrote:
My opinion is anytime we can get the best on both sides of the world together in a single race it is a win for us...
My opinion is anytime we can get the best on both sides of the world together in a single race it is a win for us all! Shame Kroc n dungey weren't in the mix.
Agree. Seeing them all race more than a couple one-off races a year would be awesome.
RG1
9/4/2016 3:32pm
Flip109 wrote:
My opinion is anytime we can get the best on both sides of the world together in a single race it is a win for us...
USMCMXer wrote:
Agree. Seeing them all race more than a couple one-off races a year would be awesome.
I agree with this too. The only problem is that riders become less interested in these types of event with every year, so you end up with a situation where either many don't turn up, or they do turn up and just mail it in. That's where I have to give huge credit to Cooper Webb. He always shows up, he always steps up to the plate and puts in a performance
mark1960
9/4/2016 4:02pm
I dont think you can ever measure the speed differences as long as an event is a championship for one and a one off for another.

Same for Glen helen, although some have ridden it before, it would require a special bike setup that US based riders would be more comfortable.
An example would be the great rides by Josh Grant at this track.

( I think a better solution is for a one off race here in Australia where riders from both series come and race. Neutral ground, close to my home! )
ML512
Fantasy
36th
9/4/2016 4:05pm
mark1960 wrote:
I dont think you can ever measure the speed differences as long as an event is a championship for one and a one off for another...
I dont think you can ever measure the speed differences as long as an event is a championship for one and a one off for another.

Same for Glen helen, although some have ridden it before, it would require a special bike setup that US based riders would be more comfortable.
An example would be the great rides by Josh Grant at this track.

( I think a better solution is for a one off race here in Australia where riders from both series come and race. Neutral ground, close to my home! )
Let's go with some major neutral ground... Alaska! Unless Ben Lamay shows up... Laughing
PRM31
9/4/2016 4:58pm
I can say that was not a SX track, according to Reed the MXGP guys used US fuel, the MXGP had their factory bikes while US riders rode production bikes. At the end of the day, I really enjoyed it!!
Flatliner
9/4/2016 5:09pm
PRM31 wrote:
I can say that was not a SX track, according to Reed the MXGP guys used US fuel, the MXGP had their factory bikes while US...
I can say that was not a SX track, according to Reed the MXGP guys used US fuel, the MXGP had their factory bikes while US riders rode production bikes. At the end of the day, I really enjoyed it!!
"Production " is relative.

I doubt the pc bikes or webb's were down on power.
kkawboy14
9/4/2016 5:19pm
A couple things in Herlings defense,

1) he isn't 100%
2) I don't think he gets to ride at night very often

Having said that, the AMA owned the euros yesterday! plain and simple
9/4/2016 5:33pm
A couple things in everyone's favor

That was just awesome to watch the series must be combined AMA and MXGP for at least 4 years so we can make up who the baddest of them all really is :D

Great 1st moto win by Herlings
Great 2nd moto win by Webb
Forkner is the overall winner here in my book any day of the week the kid is something special giving both Herlings and Webb plenty to fight for.

Tomac was awesome as i expected to be, he will get there sooner or later this year just a bit short for Ken but thats ok he was simply unbelievable in the outdoors this year.
Little disappointed for TC that was really a bad weekend for him

I think that all the things going around here between some euro's and some americans is getting a little out of hand lately . And i would love that this forum gets back to normal soon because it's no fun anymore to go trough all the pages of bull crap off whom is the best and sandbagging this and sandbagging that.
I don't give a fuck all these riders r badass and when they ride the same races WE R THE WINNERS
TeamGreen
9/4/2016 5:47pm
If we want to accept the premise that Charlotte "wasn't very European", fine. Let's see what happens at The Glen.
DPR250R
9/4/2016 5:53pm
I was really happy for Cooper. Last year at the MXoN he rode his heart out on the eventual winning teams home field. Even though the US lost I had so much fun watching.

Seeing Coop give it his all again and this time in front of HIS home crowd while getting the win was fantastic. Good for him!!

Bring on MXoN!!
Katoomey
Why? Why does there have to be a "vs" between these two series or the participants?

Why us it so important for you to define it, or judge it, or rank it, or catergorize it? What does that do for you?

Are you afraid that your country is inferior? Do you think that if American motocross is better, that it makes this country better, and that somehow makes you better? What other reason would make you care about who is better? Are you a promoter, or a manufacturer, or a team owner, or a riding coach, or a trainer, or rider, or a tuner? What exactly is your stake in this? What is your contribution? In what way is your pride at stake?
mark1960
Fuck, you guys get to see the best riders all year long, then the second best come to town and your still complaining!
Shaned9326
9/4/2016 5:55pm
I've been to plenty of nationals from Doug Henry days till Buddys creek this year and plenty of super tosses as well and I would put last bites race up there with the best of them as regardless what anyone wants to say about it those guys were strait up hauling ass and you could da,n Baer see the entire race track from any seat as well as hang out on the fence and almost feel the bikes shaking you as they opened them up in the long sweeper damn near flat tracking!! I'm so glad that I went and the pits were insanely laid back and all the names in the industry were walking around and speaking with people at will!!! Got a chance to chat with JMB and talked about year he raced here against Damon Bradshaw and the boys long time ago!!! Anyway, thumbs up to everyone who made this possible and hope they do this again!!!
karsmakers
9/4/2016 6:01pm
I believe this to be objective:

Other than JH the AMA 250 class is much deeper and faster than the MX2 class
Other than Kroc,Tomac and Dungey, the MX1 class is deeper and faster than the AMA450 class

The Euro's have raced at Glen Helen multiple times now and I am sure their bikes are properly set up and they are far more familiar with the circuit than the US riders going over for a one off MXDN. I believe next week will be another true test of speed without excuses. Charlotte was a neutral track but the Gp riders had to travel.

One off races in another country are always more difficult to win. Both series are hard to switch to and get immediate success.

Now my opinion : KROC is the FMOP this year
ocscottie
9/4/2016 7:06pm
ML512 wrote:
...just give me one of these, and wake me up when its over.

zehn
9/4/2016 7:34pm
ML512 wrote:
Let's go with some major neutral ground... Alaska! Unless Ben Lamay shows up... Laughing
If only we had a track of that caliber up here...
The Rock
9/4/2016 7:58pm
Flip109 wrote:
Spoken like a true fan of the sport. Good on ya brah.
RandyS
9/4/2016 8:03pm
RV going over there a floundering a little gave the GPs a false sense of superiority. Webb, Forkner, and Tomac took it away from them last night. I will say that the US guys had an advantage racing under the lights but that track was closer to what the GPs race than anything the US riders see.
Sully
9/4/2016 8:08pm
Why not bring a USGP to Unadilla? It's the most "European" track on the circuit, and it's considerably less travel time for most of the MXGP riders than going to Glen Helen. Plus it has a history of hosting GPs.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
9/4/2016 8:11pm
Sully wrote:
Why not bring a USGP to Unadilla? It's the most "European" track on the circuit, and it's considerably less travel time for most of the MXGP...
Why not bring a USGP to Unadilla? It's the most "European" track on the circuit, and it's considerably less travel time for most of the MXGP riders than going to Glen Helen. Plus it has a history of hosting GPs.
$$$$ The promotion fee to hold a MXGP is pretty damn high...
Sully
9/4/2016 8:14pm
Sully wrote:
Why not bring a USGP to Unadilla? It's the most "European" track on the circuit, and it's considerably less travel time for most of the MXGP...
ML512 wrote:
$$$$ The promotion fee to hold a MXGP is pretty damn high...
Well that sucks.
PressPassP
9/4/2016 8:19pm
karsmakers wrote:
I believe this to be objective: Other than JH the AMA 250 class is much deeper and faster than the MX2 class Other than Kroc,Tomac and...
I believe this to be objective:

Other than JH the AMA 250 class is much deeper and faster than the MX2 class
Other than Kroc,Tomac and Dungey, the MX1 class is deeper and faster than the AMA450 class

The Euro's have raced at Glen Helen multiple times now and I am sure their bikes are properly set up and they are far more familiar with the circuit than the US riders going over for a one off MXDN. I believe next week will be another true test of speed without excuses. Charlotte was a neutral track but the Gp riders had to travel.

One off races in another country are always more difficult to win. Both series are hard to switch to and get immediate success.

Now my opinion : KROC is the FMOP this year
Pretty much agree,so much has a lot to do with tracks though,not just travel. MX1 is deep but at Charlotte Cairoli, Paulin, Strijbos all won GPs this year yet fighting top 10-15 is very suprising.

AMA 250s always have a constant stream of fast guys coming through,a testament to a great amateur programme.

KROC could well be FMOP but I'd love to see him and more race some Euro tracks, not just a few at the MXdN ,the cross overs always add so much excitement Smile
USMCMXer
9/4/2016 8:45pm
Katoomey wrote:
Why? Why does there have to be a "vs" between these two series or the participants? Why us it so important for you to define it...
Why? Why does there have to be a "vs" between these two series or the participants?

Why us it so important for you to define it, or judge it, or rank it, or catergorize it? What does that do for you?

Are you afraid that your country is inferior? Do you think that if American motocross is better, that it makes this country better, and that somehow makes you better? What other reason would make you care about who is better? Are you a promoter, or a manufacturer, or a team owner, or a riding coach, or a trainer, or rider, or a tuner? What exactly is your stake in this? What is your contribution? In what way is your pride at stake?
Congrats, someone had to write a douchey post. Re-read the OP desires for this thread. Would you feel better if I changed the title? Lighten up and get over yourself.

I am on an MX forum and would like to hear actual fans of the sport discuss something without petty bias or BS comments that do not provide shit other than make the poster look like an ignorant fool.

I happen to like MX, SX and most forms of racing, really, all over the world. Of course I have my favorite riders, but I appreciate the 40th guy on the gate for the simple fact that he too digs the sport. It is extremely rare for me to ever talk negatively about a rider, unless there was an act done or words spoken that warrant my zero consequence bearing comments on here.

It's a moto forum, not The National Enquirer, Katoomey. If you don't like someone's post, or if you cannot comprehend their intent or meaning, just kindly STFU and move along.
TDeath21
9/4/2016 8:51pm
I'm sure Herlings was happy to see some competition. Great racing from all three riders.

Post a reply to: The Place For OBJECTIVE MX / MXGP

The Latest