TFS in Critical Condition after Massive Heart Attack

yzmatt
5/6/2013 3:42pm
Shit, he drove me up a wall 90% of the time but the boards and sport lost something when he stepped away. Hate to hear this news. Pulling for ya, TFS!
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
5/6/2013 3:45pm
I just got off the phone with Mike, Steve's brother, asked me to let you all know, that they are taking Steve off the ventilator, and...
I just got off the phone with Mike, Steve's brother, asked me to let you all know, that they are taking Steve off the ventilator, and I am absolutely devastated to tell you that it's not good. If you have notes or messages or pics to pass along to Steve's family please send them to sondy132001@yahoo.com and I will pass them onto Mike. Steve's cell is locked so it's hit or miss if his brother can answer it or not.

Steve I am so sorry this happened to you and I love you.

S
Terrible news. Very sad for his family and everyone who has had the privilege of enjoying Steve at one time or another. Whether you agree with him or not, his generosity was impartial and as strong as his opinions. Holding out hope for his recovery.
DrSweden
5/6/2013 3:47pm
I just got off the phone with Mike, Steve's brother, asked me to let you all know, that they are taking Steve off the ventilator, and...
I just got off the phone with Mike, Steve's brother, asked me to let you all know, that they are taking Steve off the ventilator, and I am absolutely devastated to tell you that it's not good. If you have notes or messages or pics to pass along to Steve's family please send them to sondy132001@yahoo.com and I will pass them onto Mike. Steve's cell is locked so it's hit or miss if his brother can answer it or not.

S
Sad
jeffro503
5/6/2013 3:55pm
Oh man.....this is terrible news! Had a lot of discussions with Steve over the years , and even though he didn't get along with some people....me and him always did. Heal up Steve and hang in there buddy!

The Shop

MXEditor
5/6/2013 3:57pm
Oh man such bad news.

I thought after losing all that weight and so forth he'd be out of the woods for this type of thing. I guess that's why I'm not a doctor.

Steve is a friend and taught me a lot when I was just starting out.

Hoping for a full recovery.
jeffro503
5/6/2013 3:58pm

S
DrSweden wrote:
Sad
I just got home and am trying to catch up here , so sorry I missed this post from Sondy. I am not a praying man by nature....but Steve , you are in my thoughts buddy. I'm kind of in shock right now.
ridge
5/6/2013 4:01pm
Damn...he is a staple in our small community, whether you agree with him or not.

I wish the best.
FGR01
Fantasy
1327th
5/6/2013 4:02pm
Team FGR is thinking of TFS right now. We go way back to the old days in the 90's. Ran into TFS at many races over the years and he always treated people from the boards as his true friends.

Get well Buddy.
Jammer864
5/6/2013 4:06pm
What shitty news. Like MXEditor, I too thought that him having lost the weight would had him much farther out of the woods for this type of thing. Just another reminder that none of us are getting any younger.
zippy895
5/6/2013 4:07pm
if ever a time,Miracles are needed badly right now
Xtreme1
5/6/2013 4:09pm
Steve, you are in our prayers! I miss the MotoTalk heydays. My son and I met Steve at the Vegas SX several times and he was always great to talk to. When my son raced the KTM Junior Supercross, Steve asked for my sons autograph!! Hoping for the best big guy!!!
Jammer864
5/6/2013 4:11pm
smoker wrote:
remember when he hit the leap on a dual sport, the man is a legend. [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lumpy790/396490-tfsleap800.jpg[/img]
remember when he hit the leap on a dual sport, the man is a legend.

HA HA...I remember that pic. Thanks for puttng it up.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
5/6/2013 4:11pm
Wishing for the best, positive thoughts to him and his family.
BobbyM
5/6/2013 4:12pm
Bauer wrote:
Saw this on Motonews after Wess McCoy told me about it: note from Steve bruhn's brother Steve Bruhn AKA- TFS has had a massive heart attack...
Saw this on Motonews after Wess McCoy told me about it:

note from Steve bruhn's brother
Steve Bruhn AKA- TFS has had a massive heart attack and is hospitalized in critical condition. Our family asks that you please keep him in your prayers. With sincere thanks,
The Bruhn family

TFS is The Factory Spectator and a rocket scientist...he broke ground in getting digital photos published in moto media and we've all enjoyed his photos over the years.
I know many of you think you have issues with Steve, or maybe his politics, opinions, or Atheism rubbed you the wrong way, but TFS is a good dude...one of the best guys I know. I don't always agree with him, such as his reasoning for his public meltdown with DC, but I still love the guy.

Get well soon, ya Fat Bastard!
Wow....just read this. Hang in there Steve...we're pulling for you.
Switch
5/6/2013 4:13pm
Prayers for Steve and his family. So sad to hear, hang in there man.
Sharon
5/6/2013 4:13pm

S
I am devastated by this. Praying for Steve, his family and friends. Steve's a great guy that truly loves moto and despite some differences he may have had with others -- made a huge impact on our racing community.
5/6/2013 4:14pm
Steve,

Your in our thoughts and prayers buddy. As you told me a cpl yrs back with my Illness....Never give up the fight, Always take it to the fight!!!! Love ya brother!!!
G-man
5/6/2013 4:17pm
Dang hate to hear about Steve (he was THE pioneer in the Moto digital age), hope he improves and comes out ok.
David Izer
5/6/2013 4:21pm
There were only a few of us covering the races each week some 10 years ago and TFS always treated me with respect and tried to help me anyway he could...even though I was the new kid on the block.

I did not agree with him on many issues, but always enjoyed the spirited debates and his many contributions to the sport.

Wishing Steve well and a speedy and complete recovery!
dirthead1
5/6/2013 4:31pm
This is very sad news. My thoughts are with you, Steve.
flarider
5/6/2013 4:34pm
I'm at a loss for words. When I can gather my thoughts more clearly and assemble them properly, I would love to tell people how Steve treated me and my little unknown business with respect and dignity, not shunning me off because I was new, or not in the click or for not being "one of the big boys."

Truly a heart wrenching time, right now.

Please, please, keep us all up to date with every possible detail.
Mr. Info
5/6/2013 4:55pm
I no not you as a friend but only as a brother. So brother you do what God ask and we will wait for the answer. If he wishes you to stay here with us we welcome you with open arms. We have not always been the best to each other but even though we are far apart we feel the pain inside. If God does choose to bring you home we will miss our brother but we are better for knowing you. The final choice is Gods but we ask you God to think about wishes and whats best for you and our brother. But either way Steve we wish the choice made is the best for you. God Bless You and Your Family and we are all here for you in prayer.
DrSweden
5/6/2013 4:57pm
Damn, I forced to go to sleep. I hope when I open up this thread tomorrow, I will see some positive news. Would be so amazing if he could be a future poster in this thread... I hope despite the condition, the outcome he's not in pain. Please Steve, keep fighting, the planet is better with you around.
JeremyL
5/6/2013 5:04pm
I don't know what to say that hasn't already been written. Heart wrenching stuff.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/6/2013 5:05pm
Wow, just got back from Las Vegas and see this...so sorry to hear it. He's in my thoughts.
5/6/2013 5:11pm
I purchased a KLX110 from Steve years ago at Loretta Lynn's...I'm taking it for a spin tonight...You're in my prayers bud...
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4434th
5/6/2013 5:13pm

S
God dammit. Cmon, Steve. I got some newly discovered facts from the super collider about a seat bouncing study they did. And need to ask you what kind of ammo to get for my new gun. We have unfinished business. CMON! SadSad
Outsider
5/6/2013 5:16pm
Damn! Thoughts and prayers for a recovery
Motodude
5/6/2013 5:17pm

S
Terrible news. Very sad for his family and everyone who has had the privilege of enjoying Steve at one time or another. Whether you agree with...
Terrible news. Very sad for his family and everyone who has had the privilege of enjoying Steve at one time or another. Whether you agree with him or not, his generosity was impartial and as strong as his opinions. Holding out hope for his recovery.
Very very sad news. No matter our differences he was always cool and generous with his time. The 2 weeks we travelled around in his Teef mobile home in 07 was great fun. Thoughts are with you Steve, I know you'll be wondering what's next, just remember what we talked about mate.

Post a reply to: TFS in Critical Condition after Massive Heart Attack

The Latest