TENTATIVE sx start date

4/18/2020 6:08pm
cwel11 wrote:
If this is true it’s interesting in the fact that the guys were told outdoors first so I’d imagine they’ve been on their mx setups/testing. Wonder...
If this is true it’s interesting in the fact that the guys were told outdoors first so I’d imagine they’ve been on their mx setups/testing. Wonder how quick they’ll be able to go back to sx mode.
Pretty quick
struth
4/18/2020 6:50pm
Im happy to pay for live stream, for 5-7 race series to cap off the season.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
4/18/2020 7:13pm
The interview with the guy who runs Feld spelled out pretty clearly why they won't just build a track outside, the infrastructure needed to do their program would be crazy expensive to do. I believe he said anything is on the table, but a supercross not at a stadium is highly unlikely. I heard the MLB was planning on doing the whole season in Arizona, all players and team members having to stay isolated in local hotels when not playing. I would guess it's the same deal for riders if this goes down.
C.Worthy
4/18/2020 10:24pm
skeef2.0 wrote:
Our governor in az is also talking about hosting every MLB team since we have the facilities to do so. I know Florida is talking about...
Our governor in az is also talking about hosting every MLB team since we have the facilities to do so. I know Florida is talking about doing the same. The nice thing about Arizona is it’s cheaper to operate than most major cities. We are built out so much further than any other big city. Phoenix is the largest county in the country in terms of mileage. I feel like our grasp on the pandemic has been
Actually San Bernardino County in CA is the largest county in the US in terms of mileage. Coconino county in AZ is second. But who’s counting...

The Shop

Dougy1
4/19/2020 3:00am
Am I late to the party or did anyone notice Reed on ktm 450 not just the 250 two stroke
resetjet
4/19/2020 5:43am
Dougy1 wrote:
Am I late to the party or did anyone notice Reed on ktm 450 not just the 250 two stroke
Yeah he tweeted getting back to racing sooner then expected. #onelastplaceride
agn5009
4/19/2020 6:14am
struth wrote:
Im happy to pay for live stream, for 5-7 race series to cap off the season.
That's what everyone said before we got the sx/mx package. Now all they do is constantly complain.
rileymx
4/19/2020 7:37am Edited Date/Time 4/19/2020 7:38am
Cole Seeley got to 15 pages saying he was the man who made honda grow in these past years,lets see where this one gets Matthes to....
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
4/19/2020 7:55am
davis224 wrote:
The interview with the guy who runs Feld spelled out pretty clearly why they won't just build a track outside, the infrastructure needed to do their...
The interview with the guy who runs Feld spelled out pretty clearly why they won't just build a track outside, the infrastructure needed to do their program would be crazy expensive to do. I believe he said anything is on the table, but a supercross not at a stadium is highly unlikely. I heard the MLB was planning on doing the whole season in Arizona, all players and team members having to stay isolated in local hotels when not playing. I would guess it's the same deal for riders if this goes down.
I'm all for getting my home state of AZ as much business as possible and I can 100% see how SX could work here. But a whole baseball season? No friggin way. I get that 118F in June, July, and August would help kill off the virus, but it would kill off some players and umps as well. Not sure the games would be well attended (if they let spectators in). I don't understand the rationale behind playing all the baseball in AZ and Florida.

The better answer for baseball is to use one of the recently developed rapid tests that gets test results in 15 minutes. Test every player, coach, and umpire prior to each game. Then go no fans, just TV only. All of baseball will have to hit the reset button in terms of what players get paid and what everyone involved gets paid. Just do a TV only program. But play it in their home stadiums.

If every players gets tested prior to the game and passes, why not just let them play?
davis224
Fantasy
165th
4/19/2020 8:05am
davis224 wrote:
The interview with the guy who runs Feld spelled out pretty clearly why they won't just build a track outside, the infrastructure needed to do their...
TbonesPop wrote:
I'm all for getting my home state of AZ as much business as possible and I can 100% see how SX could work here. But a...
I'm all for getting my home state of AZ as much business as possible and I can 100% see how SX could work here. But a whole baseball season? No friggin way. I get that 118F in June, July, and August would help kill off the virus, but it would kill off some players and umps as well. Not sure the games would be well attended (if they let spectators in). I don't understand the rationale behind playing all the baseball in AZ and Florida.

The better answer for baseball is to use one of the recently developed rapid tests that gets test results in 15 minutes. Test every player, coach, and umpire prior to each game. Then go no fans, just TV only. All of baseball will have to hit the reset button in terms of what players get paid and what everyone involved gets paid. Just do a TV only program. But play it in their home stadiums.

If every players gets tested prior to the game and passes, why not just let them play?
I'm no expert, but I would guess with all the travel, it makes them more likely to get it and spread it, even if they're tested before every game. If someone tests positive, then they could have been spreading it to all teammates and throughout airports in between tests. Everyone staying in one spot minimizes that risk.
tcannon521
Fantasy
1417th
4/19/2020 10:41am
davis224 wrote:
I'm no expert, but I would guess with all the travel, it makes them more likely to get it and spread it, even if they're tested...
I'm no expert, but I would guess with all the travel, it makes them more likely to get it and spread it, even if they're tested before every game. If someone tests positive, then they could have been spreading it to all teammates and throughout airports in between tests. Everyone staying in one spot minimizes that risk.
Yep and test kits aren’t that easy to come by. Pence stated this morning we can test 150,000 people per day right now and 4 million tests have been conducted overall. We are only at 1% of the population tested at this point without considering positive cases and healthcare workers getting multiple tests.

Hopefully the ramp up continues but even if they ramp at 20x over the next 60 days that’s only testing 1% of the population daily.
JMX82
4/19/2020 1:22pm
Imagine this happening in SX or MX. It wouldn't look good for the sport.
Jt$
4/19/2020 3:59pm
JMX82 wrote:
Imagine this happening in SX or MX. It wouldn't look good for the sport.
That was the night before Daytona, so it’s pretty likely it did happen.
SwingHard
4/19/2020 4:52pm
davis224 wrote:
TbonesPop wrote:
I'm all for getting my home state of AZ as much business as possible and I can 100% see how SX could work here. But a...

Its highly unlikely baseball will be played anywhere before July if at all this Summer. Playing all games in Arizona was discussed a few weeks ago along with expanding rosters to 30 players and testing players everyday before each game. 30 players × 30 teams, 900 test per day! And that's not including the Coaching staff or Umpire crew.
mx617
4/20/2020 10:05am
wilh72 wrote:
It will be interesting to see if there will be a special nbc package for this or if it’ll just be the normal sx package, also...
It will be interesting to see if there will be a special nbc package for this or if it’ll just be the normal sx package, also wondering if they will switch the sx format to something different or keep it the standard format. Hopeful this goes down safely for everyone I miss it bad!
TeamGreen wrote:
If I had to guess... And...IF...Feld can pull this off... Supercross will be one of the 1st Live Sporting Events on TV; therefore, I could see...
If I had to guess...
And...IF...Feld can pull this off...
Supercross will be one of the 1st Live Sporting Events on TV; therefore, I could see them running it LIVE on NBC.

But, I could be worng.
Which might be exactly why they're trying to pull it off. Be a big positive for getting new people to see it.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
4/20/2020 1:19pm
wilh72 wrote:
It will be interesting to see if there will be a special nbc package for this or if it’ll just be the normal sx package, also...
It will be interesting to see if there will be a special nbc package for this or if it’ll just be the normal sx package, also wondering if they will switch the sx format to something different or keep it the standard format. Hopeful this goes down safely for everyone I miss it bad!
TeamGreen wrote:
If I had to guess... And...IF...Feld can pull this off... Supercross will be one of the 1st Live Sporting Events on TV; therefore, I could see...
If I had to guess...
And...IF...Feld can pull this off...
Supercross will be one of the 1st Live Sporting Events on TV; therefore, I could see them running it LIVE on NBC.

But, I could be worng.
mx617 wrote:
Which might be exactly why they're trying to pull it off. Be a big positive for getting new people to see it.
Big negative in the constant replays of Roczen's crash starting back up if they think there are new viewers.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
4/20/2020 1:40pm
How About Vegas ? plenty of hotels, And i'm sure the guys could stay busy in between Races...
4/20/2020 1:48pm
thorns wrote:
Be great if they can make it work, live sport of any kind is welcome right now. Could be a good way to get exposure to...
Be great if they can make it work, live sport of any kind is welcome right now. Could be a good way to get exposure to people who would otherwise never change the channel over as well.
Yes - in before the others - if they can and if they play it right the upside is almost unlimited.
gerg
4/20/2020 3:03pm
If America has the medical resources to support a rider if/when they eat shit in a big way then go for it.

If not and it still goes ahead then brain dead move.

Then again people on here saying "it's only 42k dead"....yeah a reasonably sized town dead in a month and still going.
NV825
Fantasy
2730th
4/20/2020 3:15pm
Tarz483 wrote:
How About Vegas ? plenty of hotels, And i'm sure the guys could stay busy in between Races...
Not a very good chance at all of the NV Governor sharing the same feelings as the AZ Governor to be in favor of opening up to larger gatherings.

Which is also causing a huge beef between he the Las Vegas Mayor, to the point that some people think the Mayor may resort to a mob style solution Blink
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
4/20/2020 4:07pm
gerg wrote:
If America has the medical resources to support a rider if/when they eat shit in a big way then go for it. If not and it...
If America has the medical resources to support a rider if/when they eat shit in a big way then go for it.

If not and it still goes ahead then brain dead move.

Then again people on here saying "it's only 42k dead"....yeah a reasonably sized town dead in a month and still going.
While I respect that people are dying from this and that is never good, the numbers are not believable due to many factors. That doesn't mean that the severity of the virus isn't respected, because it is. Regardless, There are hospitals in certain geographies that are laying off healthcare workers and many medical people are out of work. There are no elective surgeries being done and there's just no demand for employees. Our company deals with many hospitals as customers and its a really strange situation. A close friends sells medical equipment to many of the clinics. They are concerned that the healthcare clinics are going to go out of business as a result of what's going on - no demand. Which is concerning to his business. You hear about hot spots and needing all the medical resources possible, then you have areas where everyone braced for impact, and nothing came at all or any where near as bad as it was thought. But there is still a very negative impact from it, even when it didn't happen.

Where does one draw the line?
Denn700
4/20/2020 5:34pm
I had to take a family member to the hospital this weekend and it was a ghost town. I was in and out in about 15 minutes. They just had to glue a wound. I didn’t see any patients and the Dr. told me everyone was afraid to go the ER.
4/20/2020 8:50pm
My 87 yr old Dutch Granny pal Dora, Loves Mx, she Lives in AZ. 8 months rest of the year in Wi. She will be going for sure with her friends .
NorCal1975
4/20/2020 8:59pm
I hope they can figure this out, but not sure how this pencils out for Feld with no fans in the stands? I assumed Feld made the vast bulk of their income off of the ticket sales? I can't imagine they make anywhere near enough off of a small TV package on a lower tier sports network to offset the cost of pulling this off. Its not like the NFL that brings in billions each year from their TV deals. Seems like Feld has a better chance of recouping some costs waiting until the Fall when they have a chance to have fans in the stands, though I know locations will be more difficult. Anyway, hope the guys can get back to racing soon...
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
4/20/2020 9:21pm
NorCal1975 wrote:
I hope they can figure this out, but not sure how this pencils out for Feld with no fans in the stands? I assumed Feld made...
I hope they can figure this out, but not sure how this pencils out for Feld with no fans in the stands? I assumed Feld made the vast bulk of their income off of the ticket sales? I can't imagine they make anywhere near enough off of a small TV package on a lower tier sports network to offset the cost of pulling this off. Its not like the NFL that brings in billions each year from their TV deals. Seems like Feld has a better chance of recouping some costs waiting until the Fall when they have a chance to have fans in the stands, though I know locations will be more difficult. Anyway, hope the guys can get back to racing soon...
Personally, I'm not too worried about how Feld is going to fare in this. I am certain that the costs to rent the stadium will be super cheap because the venue is sitting completely dormant at the moment bringing in absolutely $0.

The people I'm most concerned about are the athletes, mostly concerning the privateers doing it on their own dime. I don't know how or why someone would do it as a privateer given the circumstances. Looking at the bright side, it might be easier to make the show and possibly even the main if it is a depleted field. Either way, I'm not losing sleep over how Feld fares in the deal. They will be ok in the long run IMHO.
tek14
4/20/2020 10:31pm
Just running sx450 would keep count of people low. There are 37 people who scored points so just let these race and we will end up less than 35 riders for show.
Question
4/21/2020 12:07am Edited Date/Time 4/21/2020 12:09am
tek14 wrote:
Just running sx450 would keep count of people low. There are 37 people who scored points so just let these race and we will end up...
Just running sx450 would keep count of people low. There are 37 people who scored points so just let these race and we will end up less than 35 riders for show.
If we want to rush the restart, it makes sense to run the 450s only.

And actually with a triple crown format, only top 22 riders. The reason behind is we all know the top 5 guns will need at least 2 or 3 people around (just imagine if Tomac or Roczen had a small mechanical, plus mathematically Barcia and Webb are not out of contention). 1 mechanic allowed for the other riders + press + tv + track crew + flaggers + medics + 1 PR person dedicated to make the event safe, and that is already 99 people, less than 100 people could be the green light. If the 450 riders comes with 3 or 4 people + the 250 do the same, the place could be well over 400 people which i am quite sure the authorities/insurances and even public opinion will not be really pumped with.

Now weither we keep the points distribution as it is, or make each moto pays points, i don't know what would be bettter. In all cases, if FELD could pull the trigger to have 1 hour live in primetime on The NBC, I would applaud for sure.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
4/21/2020 4:47am Edited Date/Time 4/21/2020 4:49am
NorCal1975 wrote:
I hope they can figure this out, but not sure how this pencils out for Feld with no fans in the stands? I assumed Feld made...
From what I've read on here it sounds like they're more worried about sponsors not paying the full amount agreed upon unless they get 17 events in. If they run no more races, they would owe money back. Plus I'm sure they'll find a way to get a tax break if they show they ran at a loss.

Disclaimer: I do not know what I'm talking about.
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3717th
4/21/2020 5:21am
NorCal1975 wrote:
davis224 wrote:
From what I've read on here it sounds like they're more worried about sponsors not paying the full amount agreed upon unless they get 17 events...
From what I've read on here it sounds like they're more worried about sponsors not paying the full amount agreed upon unless they get 17 events in. If they run no more races, they would owe money back. Plus I'm sure they'll find a way to get a tax break if they show they ran at a loss.

I think this is accurate contractually. I also don’t know what I’m talking about but do know that these deals are made for full seasons and not individual races
TeamGreen
4/21/2020 7:07am
NorCal1975 wrote:
davis224 wrote:
From what I've read on here it sounds like they're more worried about sponsors not paying the full amount agreed upon unless they get 17 events...

I think this is accurate contractually. I also don’t know what I’m talking about but do know that these deals are made for full seasons and...
I think this is accurate contractually. I also don’t know what I’m talking about but do know that these deals are made for full seasons and not individual races
Did either of you sleep at a Holiday Inn last-night?

Post a reply to: TENTATIVE sx start date

The Latest