Sweet craigslist find 95 kx125

Related:
Create New Tag

8/9/2017 10:29 PM

https://nacogdoches.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1995-kawasaki-kx125/6253124295.html

Would be a sweet one to restore. Stock graphics and bars!

|

8/9/2017 10:46 PM

seems so cheap, that would fetch an easy 5k in australia

|

8/10/2017 12:24 AM

Good buy for sure

|

8/10/2017 3:33 AM

nice!

|

8/10/2017 10:38 AM

Loved that year KX125. I'd buy it in a heart beat if it was closer.

|

8/10/2017 12:51 PM

Had a 96...made tons of bottom end power, then signed off real quick. Was a good woods weapon, though.

|

8/10/2017 2:27 PM

Stoop wrote:

seems so cheap, that would fetch an easy 5k in australia

Really? It wasn't worth that in 1996.

|

8/10/2017 2:29 PM

wow, great project bike. Hope a Vital member picks it up and does something cool with it.

|

8/10/2017 2:34 PM

Original BARS! Now that is crazy. Those old steel bars used to bend if you looked at them wrong.

I rode my buddy's '94 KX125 once and I remember the power was way different than my '95 CR125. Of course I had no idea what I was doing on a dirt bike back then, but I do remember thinking that it felt weird (and wide with the perimeter frame).

|

Twitter: @bayodome
Instagram: @bayodome

8/10/2017 8:31 PM

Those stock bars, fender bag, and general condition scream "come get me now I have never even seen the powerband!!!"

|

Powerband in every gear !

8/10/2017 11:21 PM

Nice! I found this one years ago for $850. The plastic was faded, but it was all there otherwise smile

Photo

Photo

|

8/10/2017 11:42 PM

I found a 1995 a few years ago. Owner said he bought it years ago from factory Kawasaki. Said it was one of there test bikes. I'm like sure. He gave me the original title from Kawasaki, It had never even been registered. When I got home I looked at the back of the title, it was signed by some lady from Kawasaki & Mike Kiedrowski. Talked to Mike at A1 last year, he said must of been one of his play bikes.

|

8/11/2017 7:31 PM

I am currently texting this guy about the bike, so far he doesn't seem to know much

|

8/11/2017 7:49 PM

Pretty sweet bike and fender bag!

|

8/14/2017 9:35 PM

That is one of those "WHEW! I am so glad it's not closer, or I would have to buy it" kind of deals.

|

8/14/2017 9:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2017 9:42 PM

I talked to him, 3rd owner, has title but not Interested in shipping it.

|

8/14/2017 11:20 PM

TJMX947 wrote:

Loved that year KX125. I'd buy it in a heart beat if it was closer.

,$300 to ship or a road trip.

|

8/15/2017 12:05 AM

Im not far from there. If I was a Kawa guy id be all over it.

|

8/15/2017 9:02 AM

TJMX947 wrote:

Loved that year KX125. I'd buy it in a heart beat if it was closer.

mxb2 wrote:

,$300 to ship or a road trip.

I should add that I just got a 2017 KTM 350 SXF. My wife would dig a hole while I was gone, kill me in my sleep, then bury me - the KTM - the KX - and my 2014 CRF450R that I can't sell in it. Probably would throw my gear in there too.

|

8/15/2017 9:08 AM

TJMX947 wrote:

Loved that year KX125. I'd buy it in a heart beat if it was closer.

mxb2 wrote:

,$300 to ship or a road trip.

TJMX947 wrote:

I should add that I just got a 2017 KTM 350 SXF. My wife would dig a hole while I was gone, kill me in my sleep, then bury me - the KTM - the KX - and my 2014 CRF450R that I can't sell in it. Probably would throw my gear in there too.

Haha, o.well, she will get over it. tongue

|

8/15/2017 7:42 PM

TJMX947 wrote:

Loved that year KX125. I'd buy it in a heart beat if it was closer.

mxb2 wrote:

,$300 to ship or a road trip.

TJMX947 wrote:

I should add that I just got a 2017 KTM 350 SXF. My wife would dig a hole while I was gone, kill me in my sleep, then bury me - the KTM - the KX - and my 2014 CRF450R that I can't sell in it. Probably would throw my gear in there too.

You never know. She might try to make it look like death by natural causes and put antifreeze in your Gatorade. Then you could get to ride it.

|

8/15/2017 10:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/15/2017 10:17 PM

Man, if only. I remember buying one of those brand new in 97 for $2999 (Midland TX). Loved that bike, all I did to it was changed the piston out a few times, oil, back tire, front fork springs and seals, silencer packing, new chain after a month or so and that was basically it for a little over a year. I left the stock pipe on. No failures

|

8/15/2017 10:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/15/2017 10:37 PM

In general, I don't understand people not willing to ship. Often times you can get top dollar for your bike for the "hassle". Take it to Forward Air and roll it into a container.

There are exceptions, but often I think it's people not knowing how it works and dont care to know.

Heck, I had an F-250 shipped over a thousand miles for $800. I cant tell you how many bikes I shipped over the years. To each his own.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!





8/15/2017 11:34 PM

kzizok wrote:

In general, I don't understand people not willing to ship. Often times you can get top dollar for your bike for the "hassle". Take it to Forward Air and roll it into a container.

There are exceptions, but often I think it's people not knowing how it works and dont care to know.

Heck, I had an F-250 shipped over a thousand miles for $800. I cant tell you how many bikes I shipped over the years. To each his own.

Why would you mess with shipping and take the risk of being scammed on the payment and other headaches when you can have someone walk into your garage and hand you cash?

|

8/15/2017 11:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/15/2017 11:52 PM

kzizok wrote:

In general, I don't understand people not willing to ship. Often times you can get top dollar for your bike for the "hassle". Take it to Forward Air and roll it into a container.

There are exceptions, but often I think it's people not knowing how it works and dont care to know.

Heck, I had an F-250 shipped over a thousand miles for $800. I cant tell you how many bikes I shipped over the years. To each his own.

Rockinar wrote:

Why would you mess with shipping and take the risk of being scammed on the payment and other headaches when you can have someone walk into your garage and hand you cash?

Im not saying it's my preference. If it can be easy and local, so be it. However, I would never let someone come into my garage, nor come to my house (unless I knew them).

If Im selling something, and Im not getting what I want, or not having much action, then Im willing to entertain a bigger market, that may include a bigger area. You can get scammed locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally. Ive bought and sold around a dozen bikes that Ive either shipped, or been shipped to. Never got scammed, but was diligent. So, speaking from personal experience, shipping can be a good option, for both sides.

My point is, Ive found that most (not all) people arent willing to ship for no tangible reason.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!