Swapmoto interviews Mitchell Falk

G-man
Our good buddy Mitchell has had a string of bad luck and talks about some of it with Donn.

|
G-man
7/15/2020 9:35am
FYI to the moderators on here.
Use to be able to copy/paste a youtube video by just copying the link when using the phone.

My last two attempts it did not work. Dizzy

Thanks to MAVERICK he showed me that you now have to embed the code.

Don't know what happened, just an FYI
Motoxdoc
7/15/2020 9:43am
I’m friends with his dad, CT, I raced with him a bit back in the day. From his mom to his dad and bro mechanic...Mitchell has a totally chill moto family. Lou Peick and CT...2 of my buddies whose kids actually made it...from riding minis locally to the big show. I haven’t listened yet but I hope Mitchell isn’t done and he gets back on track!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/15/2020 9:52am
G-man wrote:
FYI to the moderators on here. Use to be able to copy/paste a youtube video by just copying the link when using the phone. My last...
FYI to the moderators on here.
Use to be able to copy/paste a youtube video by just copying the link when using the phone.

My last two attempts it did not work. Dizzy

Thanks to MAVERICK he showed me that you now have to embed the code.

Don't know what happened, just an FYI
If you just post the YouTube URL link, the video will show up on desktop, but for some reason it doesn't show up on mobile.

I went through different threads and if a video was posted with just the URL link, none of them show up on mobile.
G-man
7/15/2020 1:28pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
If you just post the YouTube URL link, the video will show up on desktop, but for some reason it doesn't show up on mobile. I...
If you just post the YouTube URL link, the video will show up on desktop, but for some reason it doesn't show up on mobile.

I went through different threads and if a video was posted with just the URL link, none of them show up on mobile.
Yep that is EXACTLY what I found out as well.

Did not use to be like that not too long ago.
Something changed... Unsure

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/15/2020 1:30pm
G-man wrote:
Yep that is EXACTLY what I found out as well.

Did not use to be like that not too long ago.
Something changed... Unsure
I think it's just a coding error somewhere.
peelout
7/15/2020 1:35pm
hope he can get things back on track, i was pretty bummed when TLD let him go
88FYNN88
7/15/2020 2:24pm
TLD KTM really screwed him. Especially with him being on the Orange Brigade Team for so many years. It just shows that team is such a mess and I was not shocked for everyone to leave the team. Even Mcadoo didn't want to stay with the team.
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
638th
7/15/2020 2:56pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
I’m friends with his dad, CT, I raced with him a bit back in the day. From his mom to his dad and bro mechanic...Mitchell has...
I’m friends with his dad, CT, I raced with him a bit back in the day. From his mom to his dad and bro mechanic...Mitchell has a totally chill moto family. Lou Peick and CT...2 of my buddies whose kids actually made it...from riding minis locally to the big show. I haven’t listened yet but I hope Mitchell isn’t done and he gets back on track!
Same here, I raced with/against CT quite a bit in the early 90's, mostly GFI at Perris. CT is solid, great to see his kid out there in the pro ranks Smile
G-man
7/15/2020 5:18pm Edited Date/Time 7/15/2020 5:20pm
peelout wrote:
hope he can get things back on track, i was pretty bummed when TLD let him go
Yep I was bummed too, kid can't get a break.

To bad the nationals are posponed he looks really good on the blue crew Yami.

Matthes needs to get him on the Pulp show.

BTW that was a good video Donn made.
Rickyisms
7/15/2020 5:45pm
88FYNN88 wrote:
TLD KTM really screwed him. Especially with him being on the Orange Brigade Team for so many years. It just shows that team is such a...
TLD KTM really screwed him. Especially with him being on the Orange Brigade Team for so many years. It just shows that team is such a mess and I was not shocked for everyone to leave the team. Even Mcadoo didn't want to stay with the team.
Seems like they do that with a lot of their kids they bring up. Cantrell didn’t have the best results, but they booted him off too. I hope Falk can put his name out there and get a solid ride for himself.
mxracer22
7/15/2020 7:52pm
Team is a total mess and no loyalty to their young riders they brought up through the ranks.. Cantrell, Falk, Alex Frye just to name a few
Rickyisms
7/15/2020 7:54pm
I completely forgot Justin Hill was on that team as well.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
7/15/2020 8:53pm
I know Mitchell didn't care much for the bike when he rode for TLD during his last season there. Also heard some less than flattering things about TK (not going to share since they were just rumors). Mitchell is a good young man with a lot of family support. I'm confident he will be ok wherever he goes. Wish him all the best.
mxmaniac
7/16/2020 2:42am
TbonesPop wrote:
I know Mitchell didn't care much for the bike when he rode for TLD during his last season there. Also heard some less than flattering things...
I know Mitchell didn't care much for the bike when he rode for TLD during his last season there. Also heard some less than flattering things about TK (not going to share since they were just rumors). Mitchell is a good young man with a lot of family support. I'm confident he will be ok wherever he goes. Wish him all the best.
who is TK? sorry i am not sure on that one.
Renner153
Fantasy
3578th
7/16/2020 2:58am
TbonesPop wrote:
I know Mitchell didn't care much for the bike when he rode for TLD during his last season there. Also heard some less than flattering things...
mxmaniac wrote:
who is TK? sorry i am not sure on that one.
Tyler Keefe..TLD team manager
Natester551v
7/16/2020 2:13pm
So riddle me this: why is the Red Bull MXGP MX2 team so dominant, but the TLD team seems to be struggling so much?

Works bikes? Rider selection (obviously Prado is one of those special riders that don't come along too often)? Team management (I'm hesitant to criticize TK, since I have zero insight into how the team is run)?
Rickyisms
7/16/2020 2:17pm
So riddle me this: why is the Red Bull MXGP MX2 team so dominant, but the TLD team seems to be struggling so much? Works bikes...
So riddle me this: why is the Red Bull MXGP MX2 team so dominant, but the TLD team seems to be struggling so much?

Works bikes? Rider selection (obviously Prado is one of those special riders that don't come along too often)? Team management (I'm hesitant to criticize TK, since I have zero insight into how the team is run)?
Multiple sources have said TK is the majority of the problem.
Natester551v
7/16/2020 2:20pm
So riddle me this: why is the Red Bull MXGP MX2 team so dominant, but the TLD team seems to be struggling so much? Works bikes...

Rickyisms wrote:
Multiple sources have said TK is the majority of the problem.
What sources? Not calling you out, but genuinely curious.

MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1924th
7/16/2020 3:06pm

Well it has to do with riders. They should have some titles with Shane and smith. Smith blew Vegas and Shane was inconsistent. They had Martin and he got second outdoors. If they had a AC or Dylan they would have a title
hamncheeze
7/16/2020 6:39pm
Rickyisms wrote:
I completely forgot Justin Hill was on that team as well.
Hill was on the KTM-Redbull factory team in 2015, with Musquin in his final year of 250s. Then when the factory team was rolled into the TLD team, Hill's deal kind of was forced into that program for 2016. I remember he was not super happy about it, he voiced that on one of Matthes' shows after the 2016 season. To be honest, Hill's 2 years on KTM were marked mostly by concussions, he had some bad luck those years.

Also, Alexander Frye had a really bad knee injury (like every ligament) and that is why he left the sport.

Having said all that, it did seem like TLD gave up Falk and Cantrell pretty quick. Both guys had good amateur careers and some flashes as pros but were going through the young rider/injury cycle. Is a 3rd year Cantrell better than a rookie Pierce Brown or semi-rookie Derek Drake? We'll never know. I guess with these teams have deep reaches into amateurs now the development cycle is always churning them out which means it is a pretty vicious cycle to have to produce significantly in 1-2 seasons.

Post a reply to: Swapmoto interviews Mitchell Falk

The Latest