Suzuki haters

MZ193
Edited Date/Time 8/27/2019 6:53pm
Why you hate the brand so much?
I never owned one, i owned 4 Kawis and 1 Yz.
Try to follow my point, why do you hate suzuki, what’s bad about the brand? I’m not talking about MXGP or AMA SX/MX representation,
i’m talking about the bike.
If you take a new rmz 250 2019 and a new kxf 250 2019 you will se that the bikes are technially pretty similar. Both don’t have the magic button, both have forks that sucks. Why so much hate on suzuki and not on kawi? Just because kawi last years re-designed their 450 and added the magic button? Give suzuki a break. They are still producing great bikes! At least, they dont crack frames (lol)
|
Motofinne
8/26/2019 2:27am
The new "cool" thing to do is to overcompensate with praise towards Suzuki because of their struggles compared to the other brands on the market.

They don't produce bad bikes, none of the 2020 bikes are bad. But come on, call a spade a spade.
Drop-Bear
8/26/2019 3:17am
The first main stream company to mass produce an EFI 450 engine in a dirt bike don't Innovate. Tough crowd.
kb228
8/26/2019 5:08am Edited Date/Time 8/26/2019 5:08am
Kawis current gen 250 came out before all the brands went to estart.

Suzukis current gen came out after everyone went to estart. And with suzuki having the same bike with no changes for a long long time, it was expected that the bike should be way better than it is because of the lack of changes

That being said theres nothing wrong with the bikes. Theyre cheaper and they lack features to reflect that. The average joe will have the same amount of fun and go the same speed on the zook vs any other bike.
deadlo
8/26/2019 5:10am
Why so much love for a Japanese company that isn’t even attempting to stay in the new tech race. Every year I hope it isn’t just another BNG year for Suzuki... here we are again. Thing is, what the extremely loyal Suzuki owners want changed isn’t hard to find. It’s in just about every shootout thread haha.

So yeah, why every time something about Suzuki is posted the rmArmy comes out swinging in defense. Just own it. We all know it’s not absolutely terrible, but it definitely isn’t the best and hasn’t been for a while. Brag about being better on an outdated bike, not trying to convince everyone that the bike is way better than they think.

The Shop

Dtat720
8/26/2019 5:15am
kb228 wrote:
Kawis current gen 250 came out before all the brands went to estart. Suzukis current gen came out after everyone went to estart. And with suzuki...

Suzukis current gen came out after everyone went to estart. And with suzuki having the same bike with no changes for a long long time, it was expected that the bike should be way better than it is because of the lack of changes

That being said theres nothing wrong with the bikes. Theyre cheaper and they lack features to reflect that. The average joe will have the same amount of fun and go the same speed on the zook vs any other bike.
No changes? Its a completely new frame. Completely new engine...

Suzuki has stated plain as day, they produce bikes that are appealing across the spectrum. Mild enough for occasional riders, but a platform that can take mods to be competitive as well for racers. How is that a bad thing?
kb228
8/26/2019 5:23am
kb228 wrote:
Kawis current gen 250 came out before all the brands went to estart. Suzukis current gen came out after everyone went to estart. And with suzuki...

Dtat720 wrote:
No changes? Its a completely new frame. Completely new engine... Suzuki has stated plain as day, they produce bikes that are appealing across the spectrum. Mild...
No changes? Its a completely new frame. Completely new engine...

Suzuki has stated plain as day, they produce bikes that are appealing across the spectrum. Mild enough for occasional riders, but a platform that can take mods to be competitive as well for racers. How is that a bad thing?
Hardly any changes before the new gen came out.. 2011-2018. I think every other brand had 3 all new generation bikes in that 7 year span.
ama530
8/26/2019 5:46am
I bled yellow for years. Loved racing my RMZ450. But after I rode one of the Austrian bikes, there was no going back. No matter how cheap it is, the platform is just too heavy and is really just a revamped 2008. It takes allot of money just to make it on par with the other bikes in stock form. The other companies have really stepped up their game. I think they can be great again but they need to find their way. Just look at their 85cc mini. That bike hasn't changed in 20 years. My youngest son looks at a Zuk 85 and then a KTM. Which one do you think he likes better? No comparison. If they have that attitude about the future of off-road riding, they have a serious problem. Just drop the 85 and go the Honda route and provide great play bikes like the CRF/XRs.
MZ193
8/26/2019 5:50am
kb228 wrote:

Kawi current’s bike (2020, with new forks) has come out when magic button was already on every other bike. I’m just curious to see what in the next two years will come out. Anyway suzuki has done improvements on their bikes, try a 2019 rmz 250 and you’ll see it has almost kxf power.
GODZILLA
8/26/2019 5:51am
If you're old enough to remember, Suzuki was for a long time a major force in MX with a big involvement whether on racing or production bikes.
Like it or not, they're barely struggling out of breath followers, these days.
Drop-Bear
8/26/2019 5:51am
deadlo wrote:
Why so much love for a Japanese company that isn’t even attempting to stay in the new tech race. Every year I hope it isn’t just...
Why so much love for a Japanese company that isn’t even attempting to stay in the new tech race. Every year I hope it isn’t just another BNG year for Suzuki... here we are again. Thing is, what the extremely loyal Suzuki owners want changed isn’t hard to find. It’s in just about every shootout thread haha.

So yeah, why every time something about Suzuki is posted the rmArmy comes out swinging in defense. Just own it. We all know it’s not absolutely terrible, but it definitely isn’t the best and hasn’t been for a while. Brag about being better on an outdated bike, not trying to convince everyone that the bike is way better than they think.
More chance I'd buy one because it doesn't have an E-starter than if it did. Might sound crazy to you. but, there are plenty of others like me. I consider it to be a positive.

I think all bikes should be as light as they can get away with making them.
GODZILLA
8/26/2019 5:54am
Liking light bikes is a great reason to stay away from fat Suzie.
Laughing
Drop-Bear
8/26/2019 5:55am
ama530 wrote:
I bled yellow for years. Loved racing my RMZ450. But after I rode one of the Austrian bikes, there was no going back. No matter how...
I bled yellow for years. Loved racing my RMZ450. But after I rode one of the Austrian bikes, there was no going back. No matter how cheap it is, the platform is just too heavy and is really just a revamped 2008. It takes allot of money just to make it on par with the other bikes in stock form. The other companies have really stepped up their game. I think they can be great again but they need to find their way. Just look at their 85cc mini. That bike hasn't changed in 20 years. My youngest son looks at a Zuk 85 and then a KTM. Which one do you think he likes better? No comparison. If they have that attitude about the future of off-road riding, they have a serious problem. Just drop the 85 and go the Honda route and provide great play bikes like the CRF/XRs.
I'd prefer they make a new 85cc. But, other than that,.I completely agree.
Drop-Bear
8/26/2019 5:57am Edited Date/Time 8/26/2019 5:58am
GODZILLA wrote:
Liking light bikes is a great reason to stay away from fat Suzie.
Laughing
For me, they're all too heavy. Yamaha would be the last of the currant bikes I'd consider buying. Followed by Suzuki I hate to say.
kb228
8/26/2019 6:08am
kb228 wrote:

MZ193 wrote:
Kawi current’s bike (2020, with new forks) has come out when magic button was already on every other bike. I’m just curious to see what in...
Kawi current’s bike (2020, with new forks) has come out when magic button was already on every other bike. I’m just curious to see what in the next two years will come out. Anyway suzuki has done improvements on their bikes, try a 2019 rmz 250 and you’ll see it has almost kxf power.
The 2020 kawi isnt technically the next gen kawi. Its still the 17-20 kawi. 2021 is when it will look like the 450.
Doddy
8/26/2019 6:11am
Killing 2 strokes and not innovating their 4 strokes......makes for a hard sale for me.....they put themselves into a market that I don't understand.
JM485
8/26/2019 6:25am
I loved them until I got sick of paying obscene prices for all of their OEM parts, they can get bent as far as I'm concerned.
Bruce372
8/26/2019 6:42am
I've had 5 Suzuki's, but because I am honest about their short comings it makes me a hater.

"Everyone appreciates your honesty, until your honest with them and then you're and asshole...."
BikeGuy321
8/26/2019 7:49am
Quoted from MXA 2019 450 shootout.

"Suzuki has no history of good clutches to fall back on. The Suzuki clutch has always crept on the starting line, slipped if you used it too hard and gone through plates like a bad juggler. If you use your clutch, you will use up an RM-Z450 clutch in short order."
MZ193
8/26/2019 7:55am
BikeGuy321 wrote:
Quoted from MXA 2019 450 shootout. "Suzuki has no history of good clutches to fall back on. The Suzuki clutch has always crept on the starting...

"Suzuki has no history of good clutches to fall back on. The Suzuki clutch has always crept on the starting line, slipped if you used it too hard and gone through plates like a bad juggler. If you use your clutch, you will use up an RM-Z450 clutch in short order."
MXA doesn’t count......
BikeGuy321
8/26/2019 8:10am
BikeGuy321 wrote:
Quoted from MXA 2019 450 shootout. "Suzuki has no history of good clutches to fall back on. The Suzuki clutch has always crept on the starting...

MZ193 wrote:
MXA doesn’t count......
Because they test bikes for longer than 2 days?
8/26/2019 8:14am Edited Date/Time 8/26/2019 8:16am
One cannot simply hate Suzuki’s until doth hath owned said Suzuki’s.

1. They’re heavy
2. They’re slow
3. If you ain’t JGR you aren’t making these things competitive.
4. Who wants to ride 2008 technology in a 4 stroke package ? Nobody.
captmoto
8/26/2019 8:43am
Drop-Bear wrote:
More chance I'd buy one because it doesn't have an E-starter than if it did. Might sound crazy to you. but, there are plenty of others...
More chance I'd buy one because it doesn't have an E-starter than if it did. Might sound crazy to you. but, there are plenty of others like me. I consider it to be a positive.

I think all bikes should be as light as they can get away with making them.
If it wasn't for e-start on my FC450 I probably wouldn't be riding. I had a knee replacement Nd have a hard time kicking a bike. It's like a weird position for me. Trying to kick a bike on anything other than level ground would put me out of riding.
Mr. Afterbar
8/26/2019 9:23am
MZ193 wrote:
Why you hate the brand so much? I never owned one, i owned 4 Kawis and 1 Yz. Try to follow my point, why do you...
Why you hate the brand so much?
I never owned one, i owned 4 Kawis and 1 Yz.
Try to follow my point, why do you hate suzuki, what’s bad about the brand? I’m not talking about MXGP or AMA SX/MX representation,
i’m talking about the bike.
If you take a new rmz 250 2019 and a new kxf 250 2019 you will se that the bikes are technially pretty similar. Both don’t have the magic button, both have forks that sucks. Why so much hate on suzuki and not on kawi? Just because kawi last years re-designed their 450 and added the magic button? Give suzuki a break. They are still producing great bikes! At least, they dont crack frames (lol)
Miseable pricks feel the need to shit on something that affects them in no way. Some people can't just be happy with what they have and let others be. It's not much different than people trying to push their religious and political views on others who are completely fine without them and their BS. Wink
8/26/2019 9:43am
Motofinne wrote:
The new "cool" thing to do is to overcompensate with praise towards Suzuki because of their struggles compared to the other brands on the market. They...
The new "cool" thing to do is to overcompensate with praise towards Suzuki because of their struggles compared to the other brands on the market.

They don't produce bad bikes, none of the 2020 bikes are bad. But come on, call a spade a spade.
This.
8/26/2019 9:45am
Miseable pricks feel the need to shit on something that affects them in no way. Some people can't just be happy with what they have and...
Miseable pricks feel the need to shit on something that affects them in no way. Some people can't just be happy with what they have and let others be. It's not much different than people trying to push their religious and political views on others who are completely fine without them and their BS. Wink
Basically you don't want others to have an opinion. The bike isn't as good as the others. Not sure why that is so hard for some to accept.
8/26/2019 9:46am
Does any poster here actually hate a motorcycle brand? Actual unvarnished hate? That seems kind of weird to me.
Mr. Afterbar
8/26/2019 9:50am
Miseable pricks feel the need to shit on something that affects them in no way. Some people can't just be happy with what they have and...
Basically you don't want others to have an opinion. The bike isn't as good as the others. Not sure why that is so hard for some...
Basically you don't want others to have an opinion. The bike isn't as good as the others. Not sure why that is so hard for some to accept.
I have no problems with opinions. It's the morans like you that argue to no end how horrible Suzuki is in every single way that are the problem. I'd be willing to bet most of the little money I have that you don't even ride. The only reason you're on this site is to argue and be as big of an ass as humanly possible.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
8/26/2019 9:53am
In the case of Suzuki lately it is driven more by the brand loyalists than "haters". If anything remotely negative is posted about Suzuki or anything Suzuki related there are a handful of posters than seem too sensitive to be able to handle it. Some dude above just compared it to religion Huh

Motofinne
8/26/2019 9:56am
GrapeApe wrote:
In the case of Suzuki lately it is driven more by the brand loyalists than "haters". If anything remotely negative is posted about Suzuki or anything...
In the case of Suzuki lately it is driven more by the brand loyalists than "haters". If anything remotely negative is posted about Suzuki or anything Suzuki related there are a handful of posters than seem too sensitive to be able to handle it. Some dude above just compared it to religion Huh

It really reminds me of KTM and their brand loyalists back in the day.
Mr. Afterbar
8/26/2019 9:58am Edited Date/Time 8/26/2019 10:00am
GrapeApe wrote:
In the case of Suzuki lately it is driven more by the brand loyalists than "haters". If anything remotely negative is posted about Suzuki or anything...

I compared the few people on here who genuinely seem to hate Suzuki to people who try to push their views on others. No e-start and they are still pretty heavy. The shock could be better and the inability to map the ECU is a problem. Other than that, they are great bikes, can be had for less money in most instances and won't hold back 99% of people that ride and race. I'm not blind, I'm just not a hater. They have many positive aspects that nobody wants to recognize as well.

Edited to say that although I do like the brand, I ride green and have been for the past 7 years. I'm not a brand loyalist.

Post a reply to: Suzuki haters

The Latest