Suzuki has let go of the R&D department

deadlo
7/6/2020 9:59am
Falcon wrote:
Being the manufacturer who manufactures the "worst" 450cc MX bike is like being the poorest billionaire, the least-attractive cheerleader, or the slowest nitromethane funny car. Still...
Being the manufacturer who manufactures the "worst" 450cc MX bike is like being the poorest billionaire, the least-attractive cheerleader, or the slowest nitromethane funny car. Still pretty F'ing rad.

Some of you guys act like Suzuki should just give up, since the magazines picked the yellow bike last.
Suzuki shouldn’t give up, they should step up. Big difference. And I know of some absolutely beat cheerleaders lol.
7/6/2020 10:03am Edited Date/Time 7/6/2020 10:04am
Falcon wrote:
Being the manufacturer who manufactures the "worst" 450cc MX bike is like being the poorest billionaire, the least-attractive cheerleader, or the slowest nitromethane funny car. Still...
Being the manufacturer who manufactures the "worst" 450cc MX bike is like being the poorest billionaire, the least-attractive cheerleader, or the slowest nitromethane funny car. Still pretty F'ing rad.

Some of you guys act like Suzuki should just give up, since the magazines picked the yellow bike last.
deadlo wrote:
Suzuki shouldn’t give up, they should step up. Big difference. And I know of some absolutely beat cheerleaders lol.
I wouldn't mind if they chose "stepping down" as being a better niche for them. Focus on making a competitive platform at the best value possible, and putting race program money toward contingency and smaller teams.
biondo
7/6/2020 10:41am
Falcon wrote:

Good Point! Brock T and Freddie and JGR Team did quite well at SLC !! Considering the odds they were up against! Suzuki RMZ
We’re not last place ! Brock T almost made the Podium I liked his Hole shot!
Anyways My 2020 250 rmz Is my favorite bike so far have owned husky Ktm yamaha... have over 20 hours still running like a vintage sewing machine 🤠

Zerofear66
7/6/2020 10:54am
Great...
Now anyone with an RM250 is going to think it's worth 67 thousand dollars 🤣

The Shop

Falcon
Fantasy
856th
7/6/2020 11:47am
Falcon wrote:

biondo wrote:
Good Point! Brock T and Freddie and JGR Team did quite well at SLC !! Considering the odds they were up against! Suzuki RMZ We’re not...
Good Point! Brock T and Freddie and JGR Team did quite well at SLC !! Considering the odds they were up against! Suzuki RMZ
Anyways My 2020 250 rmz Is my favorite bike so far have owned husky Ktm yamaha... have over 20 hours still running like a vintage sewing machine 🤠

Grinning

I don't think Broc "broken hand" Tickle could have done any better on Webb's KTM, no matter how much better the stock version fared in the shootouts. (His RM-Z would absolutely lay waste to a stock SX-F450, by the way.)

Be careful with that RM-Z250, though. I heard they are so bad that they'll give you cancer!
7/6/2020 11:51am
Falcon wrote:

biondo wrote:
Good Point! Brock T and Freddie and JGR Team did quite well at SLC !! Considering the odds they were up against! Suzuki RMZ We’re not...

Falcon wrote:
:lol: I don't think Broc "broken hand" Tickle could have done any better on Webb's KTM, no matter how much better the stock version fared in...
Grinning

I don't think Broc "broken hand" Tickle could have done any better on Webb's KTM, no matter how much better the stock version fared in the shootouts. (His RM-Z would absolutely lay waste to a stock SX-F450, by the way.)

Be careful with that RM-Z250, though. I heard they are so bad that they'll give you cancer!
And Mesothelioma. Pretty sure I saw a commercial during Maury for a class action lawsuit.
biondo
7/6/2020 12:36pm
biondo wrote:

Falcon wrote:
:lol: I don't think Broc "broken hand" Tickle could have done any better on Webb's KTM, no matter how much better the stock version fared in...
Grinning

And Mesothelioma. Pretty sure I saw a commercial during Maury for a class action lawsuit.
Maybe that’s why my hair is falling out😂
Mr. Afterbar
7/6/2020 12:48pm
Wangben wrote:
:laugh: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/07/03/435898/s1200_unknown.jpg[/img]
Laughing

tek14 wrote:
They are lucky to have their 2008 models still out ready for next season to please President.
Are you honestly that dumb that you think the 2020 is the same as the '08 or is this a sad attempt at humor?
racinstation
Fantasy
1912th
7/6/2020 1:02pm
So, I guess I don't quite understand why everyone is so up in arms? If you like Suzuki, buy one. If you don't, then buy something else. I will ride Suzuki because they are my favorite brand. They have never done anything for me, and they probably never will. I bleed yellow. Electric start or not. I also really like the fact that my bike stands out wherever I go. I can do up a bike and almost guarantee no one else will have one like it. Suzuki has never held me back from a national championship.........taking care of that with skill alone.
Rotaholic
7/6/2020 1:25pm
It wasn't that long ago that a pro without a ride would jump on a suzuki for supercross because it was the best platform (not bike) but it seems the other bikes have caught up and mostly passed the zook unfortunately.

MotofactioN
7/6/2020 1:25pm
Falcon wrote:

deadlo wrote:
A cheerleader is a cheerleader bro. Wink
MotofactioN
7/6/2020 1:27pm
Falcon wrote:

biondo wrote:

Falcon wrote:
Grinning

You had to stoop so low that you had to joke about cancer. Shame. Not cool. Dry
sandtrack315
7/6/2020 1:31pm
I hope Suzuki keeps making bikes, and steps it up. All I want is a bike with the motor and stability of a YZ250F that corners like a RMZ / CRF 250.
SEMAC
7/6/2020 1:39pm
Not so long time algo,Ronnie Stewart,Nick Schmit,Cedrick Soubreiras,and Many others,we're making mains on the dynosaur,now all of them on Husky,didnt make any of them,explain that
7/6/2020 1:50pm Edited Date/Time 7/6/2020 2:01pm
SEMAC wrote:
Not so long time algo,Ronnie Stewart,Nick Schmit,Cedrick Soubreiras,and Many others,we're making mains on the dynosaur,now all of them on Husky,didnt make any of them,explain that
Soubeyras raced 250 East this year this year and made every main he raced before the series shut down. Stewart has made 5 mains on the Husky.
deadlo
7/6/2020 1:50pm
SEMAC wrote:
What’s your point? That’s cool man
SEMAC
7/6/2020 2:55pm
What's yours,surely You already have the Best bike there is,and yet time and time again You are always bashhing Suzuki,when ever there is a thread about it.it gets old
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
7/6/2020 3:07pm
Remember this as you are too young to appreciate it right now (no offense meant to be taken on being a millenial). When you hit your 50s and 60s coupled with crashing your brains out over a few decades, which results in breaking dozens of bones and tearing ligaments, walking with a limp is considered a "good day", get back to us about being a sissy. Arthritis sets in, surgeons want to do hip replacements, knee replacements, etc., Its nice to have that E start. Its not that when you get older you can't kick start a bike, or even complain about it. It just makes the whole experience of continuing to ride much more enjoyable as you age. I remember making fun of my dads friends when I was in my late teens and early twenties. Now I'm in my late 40s and can barely friggin walk, let alone jog or run. I still lift weights regularly and consistently - and people often think I'm still in my 30s as I look young (until they see me walk). I'll still hop on our son's RM125 from time to time, and love it. The body is wearing down after decades of physical abuse (played rugby in college, rode bulls in high school along with playing multiple sports growing up). I've lifted weights since I was in Jr high and have stayed in very good shape. The body just starts wearing down when you hit your 40s. E start just makes the whole experience better as you get older. It also makes riding longer a possibility, as I plan to ride easily into my 70s.

You don't get it now. I was there when I was your age. But remember this when you get older.
OLDMOTO
7/6/2020 3:59pm
I'm 64 and can still kick start a bike. When I bought a 2016 KX450F with electric start I didn't think much about it. I have a 2019 KX450 now. I really like the electric starter. But I would still buy a new KX250 with a kick starter.
I had a 2002 RM250, a 2007 RMZ450, a 2010 RMZ450 and a 2012 RMZ450. I switched to the Kawasakis because Suzuki just did update the bikes enough or loose weight like KTM and Kawasaki.
Suzuki is still fun to ride and a good reliable bike. They are lagging behind the times.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
7/6/2020 4:19pm
deadlo wrote:
We live in a country that everyone has to believe what they own is the best. Your bike doesn’t win a shootout, it’s because shootouts suck...
We live in a country that everyone has to believe what they own is the best.

Your bike doesn’t win a shootout, it’s because shootouts suck. You then go on making excuses for what you own. “Actually, I prefer a kick starter,” “actually, I prefer that it weigh 600 lbs heavier,” “actually, I prefer the shock since I change everything about that anyway,” “Actually, I prefer the bike to be slower” etc etc.

You bought the bike based off the price. Stop acting like if literally any of the other manufacturers new bikes were the same price you would still go suzuki lol.
TbonesPop wrote:
Let's clarify your statement. The bikes were bought because of the VALUE (as in you get a LOT of bike, very reliable on at that, for...
Let's clarify your statement.

The bikes were bought because of the VALUE (as in you get a LOT of bike, very reliable on at that, for a very good price point to market). There's a difference between price and value. Suzukis are a tremendous value. They fulfill a niche' need in a niche' market.
deadlo wrote:
What? My point can still be proven here, again, if all manufacturers were the same price as i said, you would not get the suzuki. I...
What? My point can still be proven here, again, if all manufacturers were the same price as i said, you would not get the suzuki. I never said the price point isn’t a great value for what you get. It absolutely is. But my point was you guys getting this value bike and acting like it’s the greatest thing. It’s def a good bike, but you guys are getting full of yourselves on how good you think it is when I almost doubt many of you spent time on other new bikes.
Uh, I ride a 2018 YZ450 and love it. Our son has an RM125 and I've own multiple other Suzukis. I've also owned a KX250, CRF450, YZ250F, RMZ450, and a YZ250. I've ridden a 2020 YZ450, and I've ridden a 2019 KX450, and like I said I have a 2018 YZ450. I still think the RMZ is a great bike. Honestly, if it had e start, I'd have another RMZ450 in the stable to go with our other bikes.
SEMAC
7/6/2020 4:38pm
I AM also 64,and i still can kickstart a bike,altough a button would be nice
deadlo
7/6/2020 5:42pm
SEMAC wrote:
What's yours,surely You already have the Best bike there is,and yet time and time again You are always bashhing Suzuki,when ever there is a thread about...
What's yours,surely You already have the Best bike there is,and yet time and time again You are always bashhing Suzuki,when ever there is a thread about it.it gets old
You guys coming in here blabbing about who did good on a Suzuki before as if it validates anything whatsoever.

Here is my exact point and I will use my own bike in this.... my fc450 is not the best bike at all. It didn’t win the shootout, it has flaws. People hate the air forks. Do you see me or any other husky owners whining and trying to prove our bike is actually the best bike? No. Do you see me making posts about how everyone is wrong and the air fork is actually great? Or listing stats of pros who’ve done good on the husky? See where I’m going with this.... shut up about people with e start being sissies, about how much u just love that heavy pig, and just ride it dude.

You guys have these threads like it’s a Suzuki support group lmfao. “Ok guys, everyone say 3 nice things about the rmz”
malachi177
7/6/2020 5:58pm Edited Date/Time 7/6/2020 6:11pm
SEMAC wrote:
What's yours,surely You already have the Best bike there is,and yet time and time again You are always bashhing Suzuki,when ever there is a thread about...
deadlo wrote:
You guys coming in here blabbing about who did good on a Suzuki before as if it validates anything whatsoever. Here is my exact point and...
You guys coming in here blabbing about who did good on a Suzuki before as if it validates anything whatsoever.

Here is my exact point and I will use my own bike in this.... my fc450 is not the best bike at all. It didn’t win the shootout, it has flaws. People hate the air forks. Do you see me or any other husky owners whining and trying to prove our bike is actually the best bike? No. Do you see me making posts about how everyone is wrong and the air fork is actually great? Or listing stats of pros who’ve done good on the husky? See where I’m going with this.... shut up about people with e start being sissies, about how much u just love that heavy pig, and just ride it dude.

You guys have these threads like it’s a Suzuki support group lmfao. “Ok guys, everyone say 3 nice things about the rmz”
Are you 6? I’m going with total dipshit. No Suzuki owners are starting threads bragging about how its the best bike. It’s snowflakes like you that start the threads bagging on the brand. Then when Suzuki owners post up defending the bike you and the other trolls lose your minds because people actually like the bike. Its lame and it shows that you and the rest of the trolls have the mental capacity of a turnip.
deadlo
7/6/2020 6:10pm
SEMAC wrote:
deadlo wrote:
You guys coming in here blabbing about who did good on a Suzuki before as if it validates anything whatsoever. Here is my exact point and...

malachi177 wrote:
Are you 6? I’m going with total dipshit. No Suzuki owners are starting threads bragging about how its the best bike. It’s snowflakes like you that...
Are you 6? I’m going with total dipshit. No Suzuki owners are starting threads bragging about how its the best bike. It’s snowflakes like you that start the threads bagging on the brand. Then when Suzuki owners post up defending the bike you and the other trolls lose your minds because people actually like the bike. Its lame and it shows that you and the rest of the trolls have the mental capacity of a turnip.
1. It’s a good looking bike
2. It turns decent (still think overrated, but It is good at that)
3. It’s cheap

There dude, there’s your three nice things to help you sleep tonight. You don’t have to be so harsh and call me a dipshit man Sad
BobPA
7/6/2020 7:01pm
Some true, some false. If I had a choice of every bike at the same price I would not buy a Suzuki that is true. HOWEVER...
Some true, some false. If I had a choice of every bike at the same price I would not buy a Suzuki that is true. HOWEVER, many people, myself included, do actually prefer a kickstarter. Many people, myself included, can ride a less powerful bike faster around a track than the highest horsepower counterpart. Barcia ran a stock engine on his yz450f overseas at supercross and raved about how much more in control he felt and could use the engine much more to its fullest potential because of the less power. Many people, myself included, enjoy the process of adding parts to their machines and seeing the changes it makes to the bike, something that a lowest purchase priced new bike allows me to do. You are making assumptions toward a group of buyers/riders that simply isn't validated by anything other than opinion.
BobPA wrote:
How many of "you people" prefer to hand crank their cars?

No one prefers a kick starter, stop being ridiculous.
That’s not even a valid point to make. We just started getting E start on dirtbikes. Don’t act like you weren’t kickstarting a dirtbike 5 years...
That’s not even a valid point to make. We just started getting E start on dirtbikes.

Don’t act like you weren’t kickstarting a dirtbike 5 years ago.

Were you handcranking your car a couple years ago too? You act like a kickstarter is a caveman thing.

Ever started a generator or a walking lawnmower with a pull string? Are those cavemen inventions too?
Well, I bought my first 350 in 2011....So I am going on 10 years of hitting the magic button, anecdotal info of course. My 300 has a back up kicker, which is a great idea on a bike you ride in the woods...far from a tow vehicle.

I have had two starter failures since 2011, one was do to a crash, the second was caused by me overloading the stock charging system and burning up a stator.

Kick starting is caveman haha...e-start is pretty damn reliable, and clearly they have it lightweight.
Forty
7/6/2020 7:11pm
deadlo wrote:

malachi177 wrote:
Are you 6? I’m going with total dipshit. No Suzuki owners are starting threads bragging about how its the best bike. It’s snowflakes like you that...
deadlo wrote:
1. It’s a good looking bike 2. It turns decent (still think overrated, but It is good at that) 3. It’s cheap There dude, there’s your...
1. It’s a good looking bike
2. It turns decent (still think overrated, but It is good at that)
3. It’s cheap

There dude, there’s your three nice things to help you sleep tonight. You don’t have to be so harsh and call me a dipshit man Sad
They’re stone reliable.
Rotaholic
7/6/2020 8:26pm
SEMAC wrote:
deadlo wrote:

All suzuki owners know all the flaws and where the rmz falls short but we still love them regardless, much like how your parents probably feel about you.
kkawboy14
7/7/2020 3:42am
GODZILLA wrote:
They're cheap and down on performance: a perfect match for a Zook.
Grinning
Really a perfect match for those guys that a 350 is better than a 450.

But I would say most guys can’t handle the power of a 450 anyway.
rongi#401
7/7/2020 3:59am
If you looked into their contIngency program you’d see they’re more dedicated to racing than any other brand
RoostBuckets
Fantasy
1360th
7/7/2020 4:06am
BobPA wrote:
How many of "you people" prefer to hand crank their cars?

No one prefers a kick starter, stop being ridiculous.
That’s not even a valid point to make. We just started getting E start on dirtbikes. Don’t act like you weren’t kickstarting a dirtbike 5 years...
That’s not even a valid point to make. We just started getting E start on dirtbikes.

Don’t act like you weren’t kickstarting a dirtbike 5 years ago.

Were you handcranking your car a couple years ago too? You act like a kickstarter is a caveman thing.

Ever started a generator or a walking lawnmower with a pull string? Are those cavemen inventions too?
BobPA wrote:
Well, I bought my first 350 in 2011....So I am going on 10 years of hitting the magic button, anecdotal info of course. My 300 has...
Well, I bought my first 350 in 2011....So I am going on 10 years of hitting the magic button, anecdotal info of course. My 300 has a back up kicker, which is a great idea on a bike you ride in the woods...far from a tow vehicle.

I have had two starter failures since 2011, one was do to a crash, the second was caused by me overloading the stock charging system and burning up a stator.

Kick starting is caveman haha...e-start is pretty damn reliable, and clearly they have it lightweight.
I'll kick start your face.

But I have to agree. I currently struggle to lift my leg up without fighting my beer belly thus causing major interference. So the magic button is the only way to go.

darn zuks are junk

Post a reply to: Suzuki has let go of the R&D department

The Latest