Suzuki has let go of the R&D department

yz133rider
4/30/2020 1:53pm
yz133rider wrote:
Lmao you're absolutely spoiled. You dont realize how good you have it. I drive 230 miles each way to ride something worth while. 3.5 hrs each...
Lmao you're absolutely spoiled. You dont realize how good you have it. I drive 230 miles each way to ride something worth while. 3.5 hrs each way.
colintrax wrote:
Spoiled or reasonable? 7 hours of driving every weekend, just to go ride? Come on now, you know that's ridiculous. I'll do a 7 hour round...
Spoiled or reasonable? 7 hours of driving every weekend, just to go ride? Come on now, you know that's ridiculous. I'll do a 7 hour round trip a few times a year. And I'll camp out, make a weekend out of it. Anything more than an hour makes the mountain bike look real good.
45 minutes to ride is nothing. The drive i make absolutely blows but not many options worthwhile. But 45 minutes is a blessing. 1-2hrs is nothing.
4/30/2020 2:51pm
Suzuki is currently the #1 re-power in the outboard market. They're selling motors from 20-50k faster than they can make them. Where would you focus your R&D money??
TheLsho
Fantasy
821st
4/30/2020 4:24pm
deadlo wrote:
Are any of those guys currently competing on a suzuki???? No. Has suzuki changed anything about their bike since then, lol, barely.
ge217 wrote:
A totally different 450. Go ahead, I’ll wait for you to tell me what “barely” changed consists of... It’s a completely different chassis an engine package...
A totally different 450. Go ahead, I’ll wait for you to tell me what “barely” changed consists of... It’s a completely different chassis an engine package .
deadlo wrote:
That was sarcasm bud. And you actually help prove my point that bringing up Ricky, chad, dungey, stew, roczen riding a suzuki does not prove at...
That was sarcasm bud. And you actually help prove my point that bringing up Ricky, chad, dungey, stew, roczen riding a suzuki does not prove at all that the current rmz is any good. Those guys could have rode a bicycle in their hayday anyway and still won.

The suzuki they “updated” was the worst of the bikes since it came out. I am aware there are some upgrades that can be done to make it good, but has suzuki made any of those changes to the bike since then? Nah not really. And once you make those upgrades to have the bike as good as the others, how much money have you actually spent on a bike that will still weigh more with a kickstart.

Every suzuki thread past champs get brought up and I literally have no clue why. “The current suzuki they keep putting out sucks” “but but but if it sucks then how did Ricky win on a suzuki”. Lmao shut up
Did Tyler piss in your cereal?

The worst bike to come out? So it's like 5% worse (at the most) than the best bikes to ever have come out. Sounds like a pretty great bike to me still.

My point with those riders riding those bikes is the fact that you, nor almost anyone else on the planet will be able to ride those bikes are fast as those guys did, so you can't try to tell me that the bike would hold you, or almost anyone else back. Plus Chad got a podium on one last year so...
deadlo
4/30/2020 4:42pm
TheLsho wrote:
Did Tyler piss in your cereal? The worst bike to come out? So it's like 5% worse (at the most) than the best bikes to ever...

The worst bike to come out? So it's like 5% worse (at the most) than the best bikes to ever have come out. Sounds like a pretty great bike to me still.

My point with those riders riding those bikes is the fact that you, nor almost anyone else on the planet will be able to ride those bikes are fast as those guys did, so you can't try to tell me that the bike would hold you, or almost anyone else back. Plus Chad got a podium on one last year so...
Ok wait so you are trying to throw a percentage on how much worse it is based off uhhh your own math.....all while probably unknowingly admitting it is indeed the worse of the bikes out lmfao.

Dude you suzuki guys need to give it up man. Literally every person knows it is the worst bike out stock. If you have one, great!!! Sure you’d probably smoke me on it. Suzuki seems to really care about you guys, so good job. Keep giving them your money for the same bike over and over again. Those bold new graphics you’re going to take off to slap some disgusting tacky graphics on anyway sure make a difference every year.

The Shop

racinstation
Fantasy
1912th
4/30/2020 5:31pm
Suzuki is currently the #1 re-power in the outboard market. They're selling motors from 20-50k faster than they can make them. Where would you focus your...
Suzuki is currently the #1 re-power in the outboard market. They're selling motors from 20-50k faster than they can make them. Where would you focus your R&D money??
Definitely on Motocross............I am not a numbers expert. But I like dirt bikes!
Mr. Afterbar
4/30/2020 6:23pm
TheLsho wrote:
Did Tyler piss in your cereal? The worst bike to come out? So it's like 5% worse (at the most) than the best bikes to ever...

deadlo wrote:
Ok wait so you are trying to throw a percentage on how much worse it is based off uhhh your own math.....all while probably unknowingly admitting...
Ok wait so you are trying to throw a percentage on how much worse it is based off uhhh your own math.....all while probably unknowingly admitting it is indeed the worse of the bikes out lmfao.

Dude you suzuki guys need to give it up man. Literally every person knows it is the worst bike out stock. If you have one, great!!! Sure you’d probably smoke me on it. Suzuki seems to really care about you guys, so good job. Keep giving them your money for the same bike over and over again. Those bold new graphics you’re going to take off to slap some disgusting tacky graphics on anyway sure make a difference every year.
Best contingency out there. You probably don’t know anything about that though.
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2058th
4/30/2020 7:10pm
Why would you spend all that money on an in house R&D department when JGR will work day and night to find sponsors to pay them to work day and night to do the R&D for you?
Jmicmoto13
4/30/2020 7:21pm
Spooner wrote:
The real proof they are asleep at the wheel is that they STILL don't have a side by side.
Exactly right. Great barometer of hobbie vehicle attention. That segment is exploding and a piece of garbage product would still sell some. Yet, they have no offering. Sad.
wreckitrandy
4/30/2020 8:49pm
Indy mxer wrote:
It's a shame to see how far they have fallen. My Dad opened as a Suzuki dealer in 1974. In 1993 he took on Kawasaki and...
It's a shame to see how far they have fallen.
My Dad opened as a Suzuki dealer in 1974. In 1993 he took on Kawasaki and in 1998 took on Polaris. My brother has worked there since 1977 and now owns it.
He dropped Suzuki 2 years ago.

He sells mainly sxs's, dirt bikes and quads. None of which Suzuki has much to offer. Other than some GSXR's and V Stroms, they're just not relevant anymore..
Sadly, he said it was costing him more each year to keep the franchise than he made from staying with them.

I never thought I would see the day when they weren't a Suzuki dealer. Up until then he was one of the oldest Suzuki dealers in the Midwest.
Markee wrote:
Curious what you paid for your KX Wink
Indy mxer wrote:
Lol. Actually, I don't get any kind of killer deals from him, nor do I expect any. I get 15% off parts and he sells me...
Lol.
Actually, I don't get any kind of killer deals from him, nor do I expect any. I get 15% off parts and he sells me bikes for about the same as a normal customer, maybe a bit less but not much. He needs to make money to stay in business.
I heard a guy tell my buddy that used to own a shop,,, "You're supposed to make money on the next guy..."
captmoto
4/30/2020 10:04pm
Spooner wrote:
The real proof they are asleep at the wheel is that they STILL don't have a side by side.
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
Exactly right. Great barometer of hobbie vehicle attention. That segment is exploding and a piece of garbage product would still sell some. Yet, they have no...
Exactly right. Great barometer of hobbie vehicle attention. That segment is exploding and a piece of garbage product would still sell some. Yet, they have no offering. Sad.
They are kind of killing brand loyalty that would be a link to a side by side as well by not producing updated bikes or still producing a 2 stroke like Yamaha.
xrmark
4/30/2020 10:41pm
deadlo wrote:
That was sarcasm bud. And you actually help prove my point that bringing up Ricky, chad, dungey, stew, roczen riding a suzuki does not prove at...
That was sarcasm bud. And you actually help prove my point that bringing up Ricky, chad, dungey, stew, roczen riding a suzuki does not prove at all that the current rmz is any good. Those guys could have rode a bicycle in their hayday anyway and still won.

The suzuki they “updated” was the worst of the bikes since it came out. I am aware there are some upgrades that can be done to make it good, but has suzuki made any of those changes to the bike since then? Nah not really. And once you make those upgrades to have the bike as good as the others, how much money have you actually spent on a bike that will still weigh more with a kickstart.

Every suzuki thread past champs get brought up and I literally have no clue why. “The current suzuki they keep putting out sucks” “but but but if it sucks then how did Ricky win on a suzuki”. Lmao shut up
I feel like you/re one of those people that hates on suzuki just because its the cool thing to do. Like that motomemes page. Have you ever ridden one? My guess is no. They're great reliable bikes that are cheap. I get favoring a brand but just flat out hating a brand because they haven't updated to your standards is pretty lame.
Larry450
5/1/2020 12:24am Edited Date/Time 5/1/2020 12:24am
Anyone would be better buying a 2018 or newer used bike rather than a new Suzuki
Used bikes suck! A new bike hasn't sucked up any dirt into the engine. Every bearing, bolt etc is NEW!! Suspension is stock, nobody has shuffled the shims or put some aftermarket crap into them.

If you ride in deep sand, bikes wear out so fast is ridiculous. No need spend a fortune on them. Only thing that really makes you faster and better rider is PRACTICE.
BikeGuy321
5/1/2020 12:58am
Mossy wrote:
All I know if the Suzuki brand could really be revamped if they made some new 125 and 250 2 strokes. The best looking 2 strokes...
All I know if the Suzuki brand could really be revamped if they made some new 125 and 250 2 strokes. The best looking 2 strokes we would have to date. I for sure would buy a 125 to bring out every now and then Cool

Pretty sure this is Alex Ray ripping this Rm125...I mean who wouldn’t buy this? WoohooCool

"Who wouldn't buy this?"
Anyone who doesn't want the least powerful 125. Which is the vast majority of 125 buyers, since 125s are already the slowest full size MX bikes.

Mr. Afterbar
5/1/2020 4:37am
Anyone would be better buying a 2018 or newer used bike rather than a new Suzuki
That’s just not true. The Suzuki is the best bike out there for some people. Depends what discipline and how you ride the bike. The haters are pathetic. The Suzuki isn’t holding back 90% of the people who throw a leg over it in stock form. People are such sheep sometimes and that’s definitely true when it comes to dirt bikes.
5/1/2020 4:41am
LewDizzle wrote:
When you say "hope Suzuki doesn't get another dollar for their MX bikes until they actually put some effort into the sport" what does that mean...
When you say "hope Suzuki doesn't get another dollar for their MX bikes until they actually put some effort into the sport" what does that mean? What exactly are you looking for? What more would you like them to do?
deadlo wrote:
Are you serious? I feel like I don’t even need to answer these questions. What more do I want them to do?? What have they done...
Are you serious? I feel like I don’t even need to answer these questions. What more do I want them to do?? What have they done lately?

Having a cheap option is absolutely great, but having that option because the company just doesn’t give a crap about listening to consumers and staying competitive....that is a problem. Put your money towards the companies that are die hard for this sport, and working hard to put out the next best thing for us. The companies paying attention to our complaints, and doing something about it.
Absolutely nothing wrong with the Suzuki, like a bunch of sheep you all listen to what magazines and online tests say. Nobody can ride the Suzuki to it’s potential anyway. Why spend 3k more for a different color dirt bike? it’s cheaper and it’s bullet proof. I hear all the time how expensive this sport is getting, here’s Suzuki with a cheaper option, and great contingency program and a solid reliable bike and you all complain.
deadlo
5/1/2020 5:27am
deadlo wrote:

xrmark wrote:
I feel like you/re one of those people that hates on suzuki just because its the cool thing to do. Like that motomemes page. Have you...
I feel like you/re one of those people that hates on suzuki just because its the cool thing to do. Like that motomemes page. Have you ever ridden one? My guess is no. They're great reliable bikes that are cheap. I get favoring a brand but just flat out hating a brand because they haven't updated to your standards is pretty lame.
My last bike was an rmz 450. I’ve also owned the 250 and an rm125......

Currently own a husky fc450. I really think you brand loyal suzuki guys haven’t ridden a newer any other bike. It isn’t like suzuki 1.) is made in America 2.) cares about you enough to update anything on their bike in years. So why be so loyal? So once again, give your hard earned money to a company doing things right (any of the others). And also once again, it’s cheaper because you are buying years old bike....im sure if ktm had a leftover 2016 it’d be marked down just as much and still better lol.
5/1/2020 5:54am
Hmm hard earned money? I’m not sure what 2020 is but last year Suzuki’s contingency was insane. And even better at lorettas. Huskys Was shit. I’m not brand loyal. But I can tell you for certainty I and pretty much anyone else commenting on this the yellow bike isn’t holding You back. We need Suzuki.
ge217
5/1/2020 6:05am Edited Date/Time 5/1/2020 6:25am
Hmm hard earned money? I’m not sure what 2020 is but last year Suzuki’s contingency was insane. And even better at lorettas. Huskys Was shit. I’m...
Hmm hard earned money? I’m not sure what 2020 is but last year Suzuki’s contingency was insane. And even better at lorettas. Huskys Was shit. I’m not brand loyal. But I can tell you for certainty I and pretty much anyone else commenting on this the yellow bike isn’t holding You back. We need Suzuki.
Dude just doesn’t get it. He wants to sit here and say brand loyal people blah blah blah. I’ve only been for Suzuki 2 years🤷🏻‍♂️. The contingency is crazy, they even pay double at some events. If you’re really good enough you can take your hard earned contingency money and buy a new Suzuki every year. If you’re not really good, you can still take your contingency money and put it towards a new bike. I bet the avg person can earn around 3k a year racing the right races. I know here on the east coast they pay very well for local moto and off road races.
Question
5/1/2020 6:08am Edited Date/Time 5/1/2020 6:09am
yz133rider wrote:
Lmao you're absolutely spoiled. You dont realize how good you have it. I drive 230 miles each way to ride something worth while. 3.5 hrs each...
Lmao you're absolutely spoiled. You dont realize how good you have it. I drive 230 miles each way to ride something worth while. 3.5 hrs each way.
colintrax wrote:
Spoiled or reasonable? 7 hours of driving every weekend, just to go ride? Come on now, you know that's ridiculous. I'll do a 7 hour round...
Spoiled or reasonable? 7 hours of driving every weekend, just to go ride? Come on now, you know that's ridiculous. I'll do a 7 hour round trip a few times a year. And I'll camp out, make a weekend out of it. Anything more than an hour makes the mountain bike look real good.
yz133rider wrote:
45 minutes to ride is nothing. The drive i make absolutely blows but not many options worthwhile. But 45 minutes is a blessing. 1-2hrs is nothing.
I really think the federation, manufacturers, promoters and local dealers need to understand this huge upcoming issue.

Now I understand why you americans are talking about the slow death of the sport. If in France we had to drive 2x2 hours, 4 hours return to ride, the market of new mx bikes would drop by more than 50-80% over 10 or 20 years. The norm is probably more about 3 racing tracks within 1 hour, and most people already think it is too much as it was maybe more 3 tracks within half an hour in the past.

I know the economy is really bad right now, so most of the entities I cited are probably short on cash, but if they could group together to buy some land to make new tracks, tracks that should be runned economically and on which the goal would not to make any profits but just used as a tool to sell more bikes, then it could offer the opportunity to redensify some trackless areas and boost mx sales.

If 5 local shops would put 10k each per area (an asset, so with the possibility to finance it with just like 1k per year), i guess it could be a starting point. Open the crowd funding to 3 hard core riders of each of these 5 local shops, to bring 1k per year in exchange of a yearly free entries, boom it is already 15k more per year, which can also be leveraged to negotiate 50k or more with the bank. Is it not possible to have a decent track on 10 acres for 100k???

Let us stop to make it more like MotoGP, groomed tracks with goog facilities but that are way too far. Zero parent except hard core mx riders want to drive 4 hours to watch their kids ride 1 afternoon.

EDIT: i think i would need to start a new thread about that.

MX690
5/1/2020 6:11am
Hmm hard earned money? I’m not sure what 2020 is but last year Suzuki’s contingency was insane. And even better at lorettas. Huskys Was shit. I’m...
Dude I wouldn't waste your breath, most of these guys with the negative comments about the Suzuki are the sort of guys that spend big bucks on their shootout winning bikes then they add all the bling and a pipe and proceed to ride around at half throttle in 3rd gear all day.
resetjet
5/1/2020 6:28am
davistld01 wrote:
It is interesting that you still see a lot of yellow bikes on the line at local races, even in the intermediate and expert class, and...
It is interesting that you still see a lot of yellow bikes on the line at local races, even in the intermediate and expert class, and a lot of guys still do very well on them. Are they modded the hilt...mostly, but they're winning on them.
Bike doesnt mean a whole lot unless your searching for 10th’s of a second. Suzuki has a great contingency and they are cheap.
ge217
5/1/2020 6:34am
resetjet wrote:
Bike doesnt mean a whole lot unless your searching for 10th’s of a second. Suzuki has a great contingency and they are cheap.
Suzuki’s contingency is also three years instead of 2 years like the other companies. Sell your 1 year old bike and the buyer still gets twos years if he races. That pretty cool of Suzuki to offer that.
NvHermit
Fantasy
4326th
5/1/2020 6:50am
Some of my best dirt bike memories are on a Suzuki
biondo
5/1/2020 7:35am
deadlo wrote:
Yeah they’re just going to keep putting the same crappy bike out each year and you guys will keep supporting that.... hope suzuki doesn’t get another...
Yeah they’re just going to keep putting the same crappy bike out each year and you guys will keep supporting that.... hope suzuki doesn’t get another dollar for their mx bikes until they actually put some effort into the sport.
TheLsho wrote:
Oh because they aren't putting in the effort that you want to see? Not sure how that equates to not putting any effort in. Go watch...
Oh because they aren't putting in the effort that you want to see? Not sure how that equates to not putting any effort in.

Go watch Ricky, Chad, Dungey, Stew, or Roczen on those crappy old bikes. Tell me how much that bike was holding them back. Or how much it would hold you back.
Hey just wondering what is so Much better on Kawasaki yamaha Honda etc besides electric start ? I’ve been reading more repair issues with them than Suzuki on this site...
At the price point 4999.00 for a rmz 250 what else is there at that price for a new bike??? Loving my 2020 250 rmz
Plus I like no batteries 🔋 less to maintain...

Markee
Fantasy
1941st
5/1/2020 8:52am
Well that's a first, water bottle cage on a dirt bike
5/1/2020 8:54am
If I were in the market for a full MX bike these days I'd buy the Suzuki. (and I've always been a Yamaha guy).

Why?

1. They're the best looking bike out there.
2. The capabilities far exceed average riders abilities....they're an incredible deal/package.
3. Everyone knows, real men use kick starters.

biondo
5/1/2020 9:13am
Markee wrote:
Hey when it’s 105 in the Desert 🌵 it comes in handy 🥵 I don’t like having a backpack on...I’m a Road Racer so I thought why not on Mx bike🤓 actually works Great! Never had it fall out over rough terrain or jumps !
Thinking out of the Box 🤠
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
5/1/2020 10:55am
Markee wrote:
biondo wrote:
Hey when it’s 105 in the Desert 🌵 it comes in handy 🥵 I don’t like having a backpack on...I’m a Road Racer so I thought...
Hey when it’s 105 in the Desert 🌵 it comes in handy 🥵 I don’t like having a backpack on...I’m a Road Racer so I thought why not on Mx bike🤓 actually works Great! Never had it fall out over rough terrain or jumps !
Thinking out of the Box 🤠
Man I'm not hating! Keep rippin and sippin!

Post a reply to: Suzuki has let go of the R&D department

The Latest