Suzuki going out of business??

Related:
Create New Tag

1/28/2018 6:44 PM

Maybe I’m wrong, but I’m really surprised to see 450’s going for almost 1,000.00 dollars cheaper than 250’s. Is this going on at your local shops? Photo

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

1/28/2018 6:47 PM

I don’t think they are going out of business, but that has been the norm around here lately for Suzuki dirt bikes.

|

1/28/2018 6:49 PM

That’s crazy! They have a 250F for 5699.00

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

1/28/2018 6:54 PM

Perhaps they figued they best thing to do is set up their lean manufacturing so they could sell their bikes for less and get more people on them.

|

1/28/2018 6:54 PM

What if Suzuki is slashing prices to appeal to the crowd that can’t or doesn’t want to spend $9k on a new bike? As much as everyone complains about how expensive the sport is I’m surprised more amateurs don’t ride them.

|

1/28/2018 6:55 PM

Suzukis are amazing value bikes, and good bikes. But a nightmare to sell

|

1/28/2018 6:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/28/2018 6:56 PM

Isn’t that the norm for every manufacturer ? Msrp of 17 husky 350 was like $8299. My buddy got one for 7100 out the door towards the middle of 17.

|

GP740
Since 1987

1/28/2018 6:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/28/2018 6:59 PM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

Isn’t that the norm for every manufacturer ? Msrp of 17 husky 350 was like $8299. My buddy got one for 7100 out the door towards the middle of 17.



That’s not the norm around here. Last years bikes that didn’t sell are the same price as the 2018’s.

And these are 2018 Suzuki’s, NOT 2017 closeouts.
|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

1/28/2018 7:12 PM

I’ve got a coupl’a months on that scoffer and have even done some off-roading on it. After all this time, I’ve learned that...

It’s SUPER dependable.
Is very inexpensive/things don’t wear out as quickly as other brands.
It turns really, really well.
It makes more bottom-end power than most 450s & that makes it awfully easy to ride.
After spending REAL time on most of the ‘18 450s, I’d rank it higher than where I did in the shoot-out.

At the price shown in here? I’d call it “The Best for The Money”.
Photo
This bike has been flogged by all sorts of folks and used as a weekly track bike by yours truly. It’ll soon be receiving a few updates in it's “Bike Build” as posted in...
Bike Builds.

For the record: I REALLY like the RMZ. I normally ride some Husky bikes that’re really, really, really nice...& HELL YES! I love those bikes. But, this Zook is an EXCELLENT AND EXTREMELY FUN “Track Bike” that is surprisingly SUPERB as an off-road bike. It’s my Obvious Choice for Best Japanese All Around 450 Dirt Bike.

So far...
20+ track days
1 New Years poker run in The Shasta National Forrest.
1 “Outlaw” trail ride where it’s “quietness” REALLY paid off
(Not really “illegal” but on land where we didn’t want to scare the livestock)
Next: I want to ride it on the beach in Baja.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

1/28/2018 7:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/28/2018 7:19 PM

Bruce372 wrote:

Suzukis are amazing value bikes, and good bikes. But a nightmare to sell

Why are they a nightmare to sell? Price? Popularity?

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!





1/28/2018 7:27 PM

Bruce372 wrote:

Suzukis are amazing value bikes, and good bikes. But a nightmare to sell

kzizok wrote:

Why are they a nightmare to sell? Price? Popularity?

Because nobody wants to pay more than 3000 for a really trick low hours mint bike that would sell for 5500 if it had a Honda badge

|

1/28/2018 7:32 PM

Need to dust off the RM250 tooling.

|

1/28/2018 7:32 PM

I bought mine about 6 weeks ago for $7490 after tax out the door, so far I’ts been great, I got springs and had suspension revalved. Trying different bars now and need to get stock tires off they suck compared to mx3s, gotta work on fine tuning suspension set up, turns so freaking good but front end is little knifey and twitchy, some of it is probably the tire.

But all the people talking shit on it crack me up.

|

1/28/2018 7:33 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

I’ve got a coupl’a months on that scoffer and have even done some off-roading on it. After all this time, I’ve learned that...

It’s SUPER dependable.
Is very inexpensive/things don’t wear out as quickly as other brands.
It turns really, really well.
It makes more bottom-end power than most 450s & that makes it awfully easy to ride.
After spending REAL time on most of the ‘18 450s, I’d rank it higher than where I did in the shoot-out.

At the price shown in here? I’d call it “The Best for The Money”.
Photo
This bike has been flogged by all sorts of folks and used as a weekly track bike by yours truly. It’ll soon be receiving a few updates in it's “Bike Build” as posted in...
Bike Builds.

For the record: I REALLY like the RMZ. I normally ride some Husky bikes that’re really, really, really nice...& HELL YES! I love those bikes. But, this Zook is an EXCELLENT AND EXTREMELY FUN “Track Bike” that is surprisingly SUPERB as an off-road bike. It’s my Obvious Choice for Best Japanese All Around 450 Dirt Bike.

So far...
20+ track days
1 New Years poker run in The Shasta National Forrest.
1 “Outlaw” trail ride where it’s “quietness” REALLY paid off
(Not really “illegal” but on land where we didn’t want to scare the livestock)
Next: I want to ride it on the beach in Baja.

it is a great looking bike and has tended to help nov to vet intermediate riders feel really comfortable on a 450.
I have to remind my friends that not always having a fire breathing engine is #1 priority. Look at what you need out of it, local dealership for parts/suspension mods and learn to ride it engine stock and go from there.

Roczen dummied mad fools on them yo

|

1/28/2018 9:03 PM

here ,all ome parts have been 25% off ,the last 5 yrs . all there parts are alot cheaper

|

1/28/2018 9:37 PM

Photo

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

1/28/2018 9:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/28/2018 10:02 PM

Photo

http://www.globalsuzuki.com/ir/bizperformance/index.html

Looks like global sales are down 10% in 2012-2016, and global production down by 40%. But autos and marine are up.
|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

1/28/2018 10:40 PM

A dealer can sell it for whatever they want. That dealer may be hurting and/or doesn't care about moto, they just have to buy a certain amount so they can get plenty of quads and street bikes.

|

Facebook.com/8tensolutions
Twitter and Instagram @8tensolutions

1/28/2018 11:17 PM

Ebs wrote:

Need to dust off the RM250 tooling.

If they did a 125, 250 and a 300...there'd be a lot of yellow on the tracks and trails.

|

1/29/2018 12:21 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

I’ve got a coupl’a months on that scoffer and have even done some off-roading on it. After all this time, I’ve learned that...

It’s SUPER dependable.
Is very inexpensive/things don’t wear out as quickly as other brands.
It turns really, really well.
It makes more bottom-end power than most 450s & that makes it awfully easy to ride.
After spending REAL time on most of the ‘18 450s, I’d rank it higher than where I did in the shoot-out.

At the price shown in here? I’d call it “The Best for The Money”.
Photo
This bike has been flogged by all sorts of folks and used as a weekly track bike by yours truly. It’ll soon be receiving a few updates in it's “Bike Build” as posted in...
Bike Builds.

For the record: I REALLY like the RMZ. I normally ride some Husky bikes that’re really, really, really nice...& HELL YES! I love those bikes. But, this Zook is an EXCELLENT AND EXTREMELY FUN “Track Bike” that is surprisingly SUPERB as an off-road bike. It’s my Obvious Choice for Best Japanese All Around 450 Dirt Bike.

So far...
20+ track days
1 New Years poker run in The Shasta National Forrest.
1 “Outlaw” trail ride where it’s “quietness” REALLY paid off
(Not really “illegal” but on land where we didn’t want to scare the livestock)
Next: I want to ride it on the beach in Baja.

Could you by chance compare the 2018 to a 2017 model if you've ridden one? I have heard some say they prefer the 17 frame etc over the 18 other than the 17 having the terrible SFF Air Forks.
Thanks

|

1/29/2018 1:13 AM

RangerLee wrote:

Perhaps they figued they best thing to do is set up their lean manufacturing so they could sell their bikes for less and get more people on them.

Probably they dropped lots of marketing costs in the P&L from exiting racing, as well as like shown in the graphs above they are using more offshore manufacturing. It is true it makes racing more affordable. As most people say, a 2 stroke + enduro line is what is missing to boost off road sales volumes. The bikes are good, Kroc won on it 2 years ago, in 17 half of the top 10 in french SX were on it, and Peick is killing it.

|

1/29/2018 6:57 AM

I’m tempted! I’ve never owned a Suzuki. Honda and Yami’s are all I have ever owned. And I’m just racing the 40+ class now.

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

1/29/2018 7:06 AM

My buddy said they can be had for 5999 in norcal at a few places. 2017 units

|

1/29/2018 7:10 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

I’ve got a coupl’a months on that scoffer and have even done some off-roading on it. After all this time, I’ve learned that...

It’s SUPER dependable.
Is very inexpensive/things don’t wear out as quickly as other brands.
It turns really, really well.
It makes more bottom-end power than most 450s & that makes it awfully easy to ride.
After spending REAL time on most of the ‘18 450s, I’d rank it higher than where I did in the shoot-out.

At the price shown in here? I’d call it “The Best for The Money”.
Photo
This bike has been flogged by all sorts of folks and used as a weekly track bike by yours truly. It’ll soon be receiving a few updates in it's “Bike Build” as posted in...
Bike Builds.

For the record: I REALLY like the RMZ. I normally ride some Husky bikes that’re really, really, really nice...& HELL YES! I love those bikes. But, this Zook is an EXCELLENT AND EXTREMELY FUN “Track Bike” that is surprisingly SUPERB as an off-road bike. It’s my Obvious Choice for Best Japanese All Around 450 Dirt Bike.

So far...
20+ track days
1 New Years poker run in The Shasta National Forrest.
1 “Outlaw” trail ride where it’s “quietness” REALLY paid off
(Not really “illegal” but on land where we didn’t want to scare the livestock)
Next: I want to ride it on the beach in Baja.

Has the rear shock been revalved, or have you found some clicker and spring/sag settings that make it usable as is?

|

Name withheld... Esquire


1/29/2018 7:29 AM

BobbyM wrote:

My buddy said they can be had for 5999 in norcal at a few places. 2017 units

That’s crazy!! You couldn’t get a 4 stroke 450 in 2006 for that price. lol

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

1/29/2018 7:33 AM

Bruce372 wrote:

Suzukis are amazing value bikes, and good bikes. But a nightmare to sell

They last forever. My buddy forgot to put oil back into the motor after and oil "change." He did 2) 20 minute motos at a fast "A" rider pace and the engine didn't blow. It did damage, of course, but never locked up or quit running.

|

1/29/2018 7:51 AM

Bruce372 wrote:

Suzukis are amazing value bikes, and good bikes. But a nightmare to sell

Moto520 wrote:

They last forever. My buddy forgot to put oil back into the motor after and oil "change." He did 2) 20 minute motos at a fast "A" rider pace and the engine didn't blow. It did damage, of course, but never locked up or quit running.

They are rock solid, why I got rid of my Yamaha and bought another one.

So Everett when you see me again at the track better get ready to see a yellow rear fender for a whole moto not just a lap, HAHA

|

1/29/2018 8:02 AM

People on here have been calling for a lower tech, cheaper entry-level bike for ages.

There you go.

|

1/29/2018 8:30 AM

make the baddest mini bikes on the market and a modern 125mx, 150 off-road and 300 off-road bike.

in my opinion that would literally change their sales overnight.

|

@endurolyfe 🏴‍☠️

1/29/2018 9:24 AM

Bruce372 wrote:

Because nobody wants to pay more than 3000 for a really trick low hours mint bike that would sell for 5500 if it had a Honda badge

But if you paid more than 2500 less new, as in the OPs ads, it is still a net savings, even factoring in resale.

|