Suzuki $ for racing

tzmike
Edited Date/Time 5/14/2020 4:51am
Posted on CRASH.NET. Suzuki is looking to add a satellite MOTOGP team for 2022. Those prototypes ain't cheap and a team to support it just adds to the coin needed to be spent. So, what's the dillio on the moto side I wonder?

They have never stated "no more 2 strokes".
The RM's were pretty good bikes. They already have a great chassis so why not pull the tooling back out and stuff 125 & 250 engines in those great handling chassis' ? A couple cyl/head/ign updates and they get back in the game with KTM/HUSKY, YAMAHA AND TM.
2strokes are selling great and some great profits are sitting in Suzuki's sales dept gathering dust
|
Hoks
5/13/2020 6:43am
The OEMs haven’t released their 2021 models yet because they are waiting to see what Suzuki does. I heard that if Suzuki brings back 2 strokes that Honda and Kawasaki will too.
kb228
5/13/2020 6:49am
Hoks wrote:
The OEMs haven’t released their 2021 models yet because they are waiting to see what Suzuki does. I heard that if Suzuki brings back 2 strokes...
The OEMs haven’t released their 2021 models yet because they are waiting to see what Suzuki does. I heard that if Suzuki brings back 2 strokes that Honda and Kawasaki will too.
Theyre not released because the world is shut down. And theyre not releasing two strokes.
Hoks
5/13/2020 6:50am
Hoks wrote:
The OEMs haven’t released their 2021 models yet because they are waiting to see what Suzuki does. I heard that if Suzuki brings back 2 strokes...
kb228 wrote:
Theyre not released because the world is shut down. And theyre not releasing two strokes.
No my friend works at Suzuki and Honda and he told me it’s because of 2 strokes.

It’s always because of 2 strokes.

The Shop

Motofinne
5/13/2020 6:53am
Can't compare MotoGP with our sport in any way. Dorna has been pushing Suzuki for years to get a customer team/satellite team. They will also probably subsidize it in one way or another.
Hoks
5/13/2020 6:57am
Motofinne wrote:
Can't compare MotoGP with our sport in any way. Dorna has been pushing Suzuki for years to get a customer team/satellite team. They will also probably...
Can't compare MotoGP with our sport in any way. Dorna has been pushing Suzuki for years to get a customer team/satellite team. They will also probably subsidize it in one way or another.
Would be sweet to see Feld subsidize some teams in Supercross. Doubt the revenue is there for it to happen in Motocross, but would be cool to see what these smaller teams could do with a little more resources.
5/13/2020 7:01am
They had R&D working on a 125 retrofit kit, but then went full Suzuki and terminated the R&D department. So close.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
5/13/2020 7:52am
They had R&D working on a 125 retrofit kit, but then went full Suzuki and terminated the R&D department. So close.
You never go full Suzuki.
CM_84
5/14/2020 12:41am
tzmike wrote:
Posted on CRASH.NET. Suzuki is looking to add a satellite MOTOGP team for 2022. Those prototypes ain't cheap and a team to support it just adds...
Posted on CRASH.NET. Suzuki is looking to add a satellite MOTOGP team for 2022. Those prototypes ain't cheap and a team to support it just adds to the coin needed to be spent. So, what's the dillio on the moto side I wonder?

The RM's were pretty good bikes. They already have a great chassis so why not pull the tooling back out and stuff 125 & 250 engines in those great handling chassis' ? A couple cyl/head/ign updates and they get back in the game with KTM/HUSKY, YAMAHA AND TM.
2strokes are selling great and some great profits are sitting in Suzuki's sales dept gathering dust
People need to give up with the 2 stroke thing, they were great bikes, but the Japanese manufacturers are not going to bring them back (excluding Yamaha who are still making them)
Suzuki have not made an RM for 12 years. There is a decent chance they don't even have the tooling any more.
And finally, simply putting a 2 stroke engine in a 4 stroke chassis does not always work. chassis are designed to work with the engine, different engine characteristics and weight etc have a flow on effect to the chassis.
the old steel frames they were designed with would probably work better with those engines,
mxb2
5/14/2020 4:28am Edited Date/Time 5/14/2020 4:51am
tzmike wrote:
Posted on CRASH.NET. Suzuki is looking to add a satellite MOTOGP team for 2022. Those prototypes ain't cheap and a team to support it just adds...

CM_84 wrote:
People need to give up with the 2 stroke thing, they were great bikes, but the Japanese manufacturers are not going to bring them back (excluding...
People need to give up with the 2 stroke thing, they were great bikes, but the Japanese manufacturers are not going to bring them back (excluding Yamaha who are still making them)
Suzuki have not made an RM for 12 years. There is a decent chance they don't even have the tooling any more.
And finally, simply putting a 2 stroke engine in a 4 stroke chassis does not always work. chassis are designed to work with the engine, different engine characteristics and weight etc have a flow on effect to the chassis.
the old steel frames they were designed with would probably work better with those engines,
Exactly, plenty other 2 stroke options. Ride what you want. Both are great bikes. Go.support the brands that make new bikes.

Post a reply to: Suzuki $ for racing

The Latest