Suzuki decline

byke
6/20/2019 4:11pm
Okay, but only if the seller joined the forum on April Fool's, shares either a first or last name with a famous martial artist and the bike is located somewhere in the USA.
Bruce372
6/20/2019 4:27pm
byke wrote:
Okay, but only if the seller joined the forum on April Fool's, shares either a first or last name with a famous martial artist and the...
Okay, but only if the seller joined the forum on April Fool's, shares either a first or last name with a famous martial artist and the bike is located somewhere in the USA.
California
wwdiii
6/20/2019 5:19pm
As soon as my wife forgets how to count and or becomes color blind I plan to find a deal on a used RMZ450.
YZ324
6/20/2019 5:24pm
Went away quick after RC4...

The Shop

BikeGuy321
6/20/2019 6:02pm
Suzuki and Kawi had a bad rep through the early 2000's for being less reliable than the other brands. I think a lot of people who rode during those years still have the same opinion of the two brands. Kawasaki keeps updating their bikes though, so that helps with consumer confidence. Suzuki gives people the impression that they might pull the plug at any moment, so their sales are bound to suffer.
Ted722
6/20/2019 7:10pm
JAFO92 wrote:
I know you guys are tired of that. Wink
Negative Ghost Rider, the pattern in Clear.
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
609th
6/20/2019 7:38pm
BikeGuy321 wrote:
Suzuki and Kawi had a bad rep through the early 2000's for being less reliable than the other brands. I think a lot of people who...
Suzuki and Kawi had a bad rep through the early 2000's for being less reliable than the other brands. I think a lot of people who rode during those years still have the same opinion of the two brands. Kawasaki keeps updating their bikes though, so that helps with consumer confidence. Suzuki gives people the impression that they might pull the plug at any moment, so their sales are bound to suffer.
idk, the rm's between 01 and 07 were some of their best bikes... don't know about the green ones but the yellow ones were pretty damn good...
BikeGuy321
6/20/2019 7:44pm
BikeGuy321 wrote:
Suzuki and Kawi had a bad rep through the early 2000's for being less reliable than the other brands. I think a lot of people who...
SLAPAHO wrote:
idk, the rm's between 01 and 07 were some of their best bikes... don't know about the green ones but the yellow ones were pretty damn...
idk, the rm's between 01 and 07 were some of their best bikes... don't know about the green ones but the yellow ones were pretty damn good...
Lots of clutch and tranny issues though, from what I remember.
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
609th
6/20/2019 7:53pm
BikeGuy321 wrote:
SLAPAHO wrote:
idk, the rm's between 01 and 07 were some of their best bikes... don't know about the green ones but the yellow ones were pretty damn...
BikeGuy321 wrote:
Lots of clutch and tranny issues though, from what I remember.
yes, i'm pretty sure Hinson made a few bucks during that time... the 1999 rm250's were the main one with tranny issues tho. i remember seeing a guy on the line next to me at perris raceway doing the normal rev out before the start and his bike just going into gear for no reason and him flying into the gate.. shit happens.. i had the 01 rm125 and 02 rm250 and had zero trans issues..
BikeGuy321
6/20/2019 8:01pm
Yeah, they were definitely fast bikes. More common with racers than weekend warriors from what I remember. People were mainly Honda red or Yamaha blue back then, where I rode.

I remember going to a local SX race in 04 and I saw more RM250's in one night than I had seen in 2 years riding at Hollister Hills.
JAFO92
6/20/2019 8:16pm
SLAPAHO wrote:
Some say they were the best smokers ever made.

SEMAC
6/20/2019 8:51pm
mxman wrote:
How many Suzuki's do you see at the local tracks every weekend ? Very few in Texas
colvin227 wrote:
Only one I see and care about is the one on my stand. I could care less what other people Ride or what’s trendy at the...
Only one I see and care about is the one on my stand. I could care less what other people
Ride or what’s trendy at the moment . Love my 17, and when it’s time to buy another bike it’ll be another zuke.
Me too, i am picking my 2019 for me and my son, next week
SEMAC
6/20/2019 8:54pm
Me too, i am picking my 2019 for me and my son, next week
6/21/2019 4:42am
SLAPAHO wrote:
yes, i'm pretty sure Hinson made a few bucks during that time... the 1999 rm250's were the main one with tranny issues tho. i remember seeing...
yes, i'm pretty sure Hinson made a few bucks during that time... the 1999 rm250's were the main one with tranny issues tho. i remember seeing a guy on the line next to me at perris raceway doing the normal rev out before the start and his bike just going into gear for no reason and him flying into the gate.. shit happens.. i had the 01 rm125 and 02 rm250 and had zero trans issues..
Yup great time for Suzuki's. They've always had terrible clutches. I had a 00 01 02 Rm125 and an 03 Rm250 the 02 is possibly my favorite bike to this day. The Kawasuki 250fs were just awful, ticking timebombs. Had the 04 big mistake.

Had over 10 Suzuki's total. Bought one last year, they've never been further from the competition. Soon as I rode another brand I couldn't stand my bike. Then I had to give the thing away since no one wants them. Looked wicked though...
Subotai
6/21/2019 8:26am
SLAPAHO wrote:
yes, i'm pretty sure Hinson made a few bucks during that time... the 1999 rm250's were the main one with tranny issues tho. i remember seeing...
Asselstine wrote:
Yup great time for Suzuki's. They've always had terrible clutches. I had a 00 01 02 Rm125 and an 03 Rm250 the 02 is possibly my...
Yup great time for Suzuki's. They've always had terrible clutches. I had a 00 01 02 Rm125 and an 03 Rm250 the 02 is possibly my favorite bike to this day. The Kawasuki 250fs were just awful, ticking timebombs. Had the 04 big mistake.

Had over 10 Suzuki's total. Bought one last year, they've never been further from the competition. Soon as I rode another brand I couldn't stand my bike. Then I had to give the thing away since no one wants them. Looked wicked though...
Which competitors bike did you ride?
6/24/2019 5:13pm
I had recently posted a thread about buying an rmz450 two months back and after purchasing it, I'm all smiles. Im just a beginner, weekend rider but man the price for a new bike here in California atleast, I was completely satisfied. I actually plan to pick up an RMZ250 next year for shits and giggles 🤔
Bruce372
6/24/2019 5:58pm
2015 rmz450, 45 genuine hours, full rekluse manual and exp auto ring included. 270mm front rotor and skf glide kit in the forks. Amazing bike.

Live the Suzuki dream, need gone $3300 or best. Nor Cal

willie838
6/24/2019 8:40pm
BevoDave wrote:
Thanks for the info Deja. In reading through this there doesn’t seem to be any “one particular” reason they aren’t better-represented on Saturdays. For us regular...
Thanks for the info Deja. In reading through this there doesn’t seem to be any “one particular” reason they aren’t better-represented on Saturdays. For us regular joes, a new RMZ seems well-liked and
popular, just curious why 37/40 bikes at an AMA National arent Suzukis?
Deja New wrote:
One massive reason is they’re not cool enough, for the guys that have to have an orange bike... let’s face it KTM has built a good...
One massive reason is they’re not cool enough, for the guys that have to have an orange bike... let’s face it KTM has built a good bike but more important a brand loyalty that starts with the 50cc class and an image of themselves that’s cool and people want kind of like Apple did with the iPod. No one needs one but everyone wanted one.

I’m brand loyal I grew up on Suzuki but even I’ve lost interest so I ride old rm250. They would need a complete rebranding of them selves and their public image in our sport ( not as a brand as a whole ). If they brought out a new 2 stroke or electric bike I’d buy one but for me 450 is way to much to hold onto at 45 and 250f is too much work to maintain.

And as for racing the company has lost interest in spending their own money to race mx and the other brands ( so far ) have not. Yamaha seems to be the next to drop mxgp. If you look at gp bike numbers their are no Suzuki’s most weekends and maybe 2 Honda’s but no one is asking if they are going away.

In the USA Honda has 1 450 title from 2004 with RC Suzuki has quite a few more but Honda has managed to keep their brand popular even without race success.

I’m by no means an expert just my 2c. If they want to be in the MX game they need an entire new line up starting with 50cc or kids eBikes to build the ever important loyalty to a brand from a young age.....
It's not just that.

They've let their sport bike line really suffer as well.

Gixxers are so unchanged that buying a new model is flat out stupid.
Bruce372
6/24/2019 9:48pm
BevoDave wrote:
Thanks for the info Deja. In reading through this there doesn’t seem to be any “one particular” reason they aren’t better-represented on Saturdays. For us regular...
Thanks for the info Deja. In reading through this there doesn’t seem to be any “one particular” reason they aren’t better-represented on Saturdays. For us regular joes, a new RMZ seems well-liked and
Deja New wrote:
One massive reason is they’re not cool enough, for the guys that have to have an orange bike... let’s face it KTM has built a good...
One massive reason is they’re not cool enough, for the guys that have to have an orange bike... let’s face it KTM has built a good bike but more important a brand loyalty that starts with the 50cc class and an image of themselves that’s cool and people want kind of like Apple did with the iPod. No one needs one but everyone wanted one.

I’m brand loyal I grew up on Suzuki but even I’ve lost interest so I ride old rm250. They would need a complete rebranding of them selves and their public image in our sport ( not as a brand as a whole ). If they brought out a new 2 stroke or electric bike I’d buy one but for me 450 is way to much to hold onto at 45 and 250f is too much work to maintain.

And as for racing the company has lost interest in spending their own money to race mx and the other brands ( so far ) have not. Yamaha seems to be the next to drop mxgp. If you look at gp bike numbers their are no Suzuki’s most weekends and maybe 2 Honda’s but no one is asking if they are going away.

In the USA Honda has 1 450 title from 2004 with RC Suzuki has quite a few more but Honda has managed to keep their brand popular even without race success.

I’m by no means an expert just my 2c. If they want to be in the MX game they need an entire new line up starting with 50cc or kids eBikes to build the ever important loyalty to a brand from a young age.....
willie838 wrote:
It's not just that. They've let their sport bike line really suffer as well. Gixxers are so unchanged that buying a new model is flat out...
It's not just that.

I thought the new GSXR was revolutionary with the variable valve timing? I was hopeful they were gonna use that technology on the new 2018 rmz450, but instead they went with the 2008 engine lol
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
6/25/2019 6:26pm
Deja New wrote:

willie838 wrote:
It's not just that. They've let their sport bike line really suffer as well. Gixxers are so unchanged that buying a new model is flat out...
It's not just that.

Bruce372 wrote:
I thought the new GSXR was revolutionary with the variable valve timing? I was hopeful they were gonna use that technology on the new 2018 rmz450...
I thought the new GSXR was revolutionary with the variable valve timing? I was hopeful they were gonna use that technology on the new 2018 rmz450, but instead they went with the 2008 engine lol
2017 GSX-R1000 had this and the lean angle-sensing traction control. It's damn near impossible to make that bike step out in a corner with the system on 100%.
willie838
6/25/2019 10:45pm
willie838 wrote:
It's not just that.

Bruce372 wrote:
I thought the new GSXR was revolutionary with the variable valve timing? I was hopeful they were gonna use that technology on the new 2018 rmz450...
Falcon wrote:
2017 GSX-R1000 had this and the lean angle-sensing traction control. It's damn near impossible to make that bike step out in a corner with the system...
2017 GSX-R1000 had this and the lean angle-sensing traction control. It's damn near impossible to make that bike step out in a corner with the system on 100%.
Yeah they tweaked their liter.

Killed busa
750 hasn't gotten in overhaul in forever (dead class)

600 has been adjusted but just lost its bang for buck title to kawi. Zx6r is only 600 sub 10k. Went from 12 to 9999 this year.

They're a capable manufacturer just not applying themselves as much as they used to.

They slowed down and other manufacturers blew past them.
BikeGuy321
6/26/2019 6:37am Edited Date/Time 6/26/2019 6:44am
SLAPAHO wrote:
Asselstine wrote:
Yup great time for Suzuki's. They've always had terrible clutches. I had a 00 01 02 Rm125 and an 03 Rm250 the 02 is possibly my...

Subotai wrote:
Which competitors bike did you ride?
125 SX and CR 250

The CR (02) I gotta say is very underrated. I rode a YZ250 before I bought the CR, and honestly the riding position on the YZ bothered me more than the lack of bottom end on the CR.
mxer613
6/26/2019 4:04pm
mxman wrote:
How many Suzuki's do you see at the local tracks every weekend ? Very few in Texas
On a race weekend at Washougal, maybe 4-5 out of 300-400 riders
piscokid
6/27/2019 4:15pm
BevoDave wrote:
Deja New wrote:

Log Hopper wrote:
I disagree with brand loyalty with KTM starting with 50cc. After dealing with a brand new "race ready" SX50 and a 65 there is no way...
I disagree with brand loyalty with KTM starting with 50cc. After dealing with a brand new "race ready" SX50 and a 65 there is no way I would buy another KTM and if my kids are interested I would mock them until they picked something else. I'm bitter, very bitter.
I have the opposite feeling. Started him on the SX50, 65, 85 and super mini and now a 125 and 250sxf. All KTM. Great bikes IMHO. Never even entertained another brand when it came time to buy the 125 and 250.
Mr. Afterbar
7/12/2019 12:59pm Edited Date/Time 7/12/2019 1:00pm
Bruce372 wrote:
Sold! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/07/12/359771/s1200_FB_IMG_1562961256521.jpg[/img]
Sold!

Poor guy bought a bike from a total squid and has no idea.

Post a reply to: Suzuki decline

The Latest