Suzuki and RCH Racing Conclude Partnership

jonboy688
7/27/2017 2:37pm
i dont see motocross getting any better or bigger then it is now, supercross is where the money is and will stay, as long as the venues stay in big cities and live on tv, with one channel and without having to pay $50.00 to watch the same day.....i still think it is crazy you can go to the pits at a supercross and not be able to buy anything other then the crappy supercross shits and gear, the teams need to be able to sell products, replica gear for the riders, stuff from the sponsors.. the sport is expensive now and most of the ones in the sport will spend money if given the chance
doofy
7/27/2017 2:53pm
Maybe tyler evans wasnt so crazy on pulpmx a few weeks ago....

...check that, yeah he was.
7/27/2017 2:55pm
Refresh my memory. The old Rockstar/Makita Suzuki managed by Decoster was what team officially? Was that the last in-house Suzuki factory operation?
Aussiefan
7/27/2017 3:19pm
Aussiefan wrote:
This has been a long time coming, RCH struggled to gain sponsorship with the loss of K-Roc last year. If I was a gambling man I...
This has been a long time coming, RCH struggled to gain sponsorship with the loss of K-Roc last year. If I was a gambling man I am betting you will see an announcement regarding the factory team partnership with JGR moving forward.

With Reed moving to JGR, a massively updated bike, team changes, etc. this tends to make a ton of sense. Reedy will dial that thing in and who knows may even do some damage in 2018...
davistld01 wrote:
I see what you did. A single post, and you dropped the "Reed To JGR" Troll Bomb.
Stamp it and 2018 is Reed's swan song year!

The Shop

davistld01
7/27/2017 3:58pm Edited Date/Time 7/27/2017 3:59pm
Aussiefan wrote:
This has been a long time coming, RCH struggled to gain sponsorship with the loss of K-Roc last year. If I was a gambling man I...
This has been a long time coming, RCH struggled to gain sponsorship with the loss of K-Roc last year. If I was a gambling man I am betting you will see an announcement regarding the factory team partnership with JGR moving forward.

With Reed moving to JGR, a massively updated bike, team changes, etc. this tends to make a ton of sense. Reedy will dial that thing in and who knows may even do some damage in 2018...
davistld01 wrote:
I see what you did. A single post, and you dropped the "Reed To JGR" Troll Bomb.
Aussiefan wrote:
Stamp it and 2018 is Reed's swan song year!
It doesn't take a genius to see that...or that it should be anyway. Reed's ego is a powerful thing though. You made it sound like you were stamping his signing with the Gibbs team!
bigmaico
7/27/2017 4:18pm
Guy's:

Correct me if I wrong, but didn't U.S. Suzuki loose several billion dollars on the Automobile side?

Bean counters are looking hard at cutting cost to recoup some $$ somewhere.
7/27/2017 4:20pm
DF313 wrote:
Please excuse my ignorance of the financial side of this sport, but it seems like high level teams can't make it work unless they have financial...
Please excuse my ignorance of the financial side of this sport, but it seems like high level teams can't make it work unless they have financial backing from some extremely wealthy source, like the bike manufacturers themselves, or somebody like JGR, or both. There's always conversation about how there's no money in it for privateers, there's huge pay gaps for winnings from 1st to 10th, to last and privateers will never have the financial resources to be competitive.

So my question is, and this is a real question, who or what needs to change to balance the sport out to a level where some of the smaller teams can see $$$ financial success? OR are they already, but they always want more? Sponsors need to help more? Bikes need to cost less? Top riders demanding too much salary? Is there a realistic simple solution to go in the right direction?
Kanewel433 wrote:
I think you asked the right question, but the problem is that the AMA, the Coombs, and manufacturers seem to have forgotten that this sport originated...
I think you asked the right question, but the problem is that the AMA, the Coombs, and manufacturers seem to have forgotten that this sport originated amongst blue collar families, on medium to low level wages where the grandpa bought the bike, and the dad wrenched on it, while the son practiced in the yard. You might argue that the same could be said for standard ball sports who have successful pro-leagues, but you have to remember moto isn't a school subsidized activity like football/baseball/etc.

The foundation, the roots, the heritage is mostly lost in a turbulent sea of marketing jargon and bullshit. The riders aren't allowed to have personalities because they're too busy regurgitating their sponsors names as if we couldn't see them blatantly embossed on every inch of their gear/bike. The brands come out with a new $10K bike every year, and that doesn't allow the previous year's model to depreciate enough for it to make sense for the average Joe to purchase either year, which means privateers severely disadvantaged on the older bikes.

What needs to change, in my opinion, are these 2 main things, and I'd like to hear what everyone thinks.

1 - Manufacturers need to build a bike and keep that model in production for 3-5 years, much like car manufacturers. They will get better ROI on their R&D as well as machinery to build the bikes, and will allow for second hand sales prices to depreciate.

2 - More focus needs to be placed on durability of the bikes to reduce the operating costs and replacement parts. The fact that a 250F motor from PC won't last more than 10 hours before needing a full rebuild is preposterous. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't F1 require that the car uses the same engine all season long? Maybe they're allowed 2?

Energy drinks are the main item keeping this sport afloat. We need to take our eggs out of that one basket and find a plan b but sponsors are only willing to put their money into a team if they feel they're getting enough spotlight. The bikes have such limited ad space on them that there isn't a ton of room to put easily identifiable logos.

Also KTM bringing a new bike every 6 months.

We need the manurfacturesres to colude and slow down the model release times from yearly to two years.
Maybe allow works bikes back in like Europe, this way the average joe can play and the factories can still race each other.
Ozzy
7/27/2017 4:24pm
Obviously never a good thing,
especially being a Winning Program, but heard rumors 2yrs ago back when TwoTwo was closing! #BUMMER
Katoomey
7/27/2017 5:12pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
Eeesh...who is actually making any money in this sport? This team had celebrity ownership, an amazing pit presence, groundbreaking B2B concepts, and won a championship! They...
Eeesh...who is actually making any money in this sport? This team had celebrity ownership, an amazing pit presence, groundbreaking B2B concepts, and won a championship! They should be hitting it over the fence, not shutting down.
well, a lot of people involved that may not need the money, and all of those same people probably have other avenues to explore.

It seems as though RCH was just one egg of many baskets, a pet project if you will..

If none of these guys had other options then maybe things would be different.
Motodave15
7/27/2017 5:20pm
DF313 wrote:
Please excuse my ignorance of the financial side of this sport, but it seems like high level teams can't make it work unless they have financial...
Please excuse my ignorance of the financial side of this sport, but it seems like high level teams can't make it work unless they have financial backing from some extremely wealthy source, like the bike manufacturers themselves, or somebody like JGR, or both. There's always conversation about how there's no money in it for privateers, there's huge pay gaps for winnings from 1st to 10th, to last and privateers will never have the financial resources to be competitive.

So my question is, and this is a real question, who or what needs to change to balance the sport out to a level where some of the smaller teams can see $$$ financial success? OR are they already, but they always want more? Sponsors need to help more? Bikes need to cost less? Top riders demanding too much salary? Is there a realistic simple solution to go in the right direction?
Kanewel433 wrote:
I think you asked the right question, but the problem is that the AMA, the Coombs, and manufacturers seem to have forgotten that this sport originated...
I think you asked the right question, but the problem is that the AMA, the Coombs, and manufacturers seem to have forgotten that this sport originated amongst blue collar families, on medium to low level wages where the grandpa bought the bike, and the dad wrenched on it, while the son practiced in the yard. You might argue that the same could be said for standard ball sports who have successful pro-leagues, but you have to remember moto isn't a school subsidized activity like football/baseball/etc.

The foundation, the roots, the heritage is mostly lost in a turbulent sea of marketing jargon and bullshit. The riders aren't allowed to have personalities because they're too busy regurgitating their sponsors names as if we couldn't see them blatantly embossed on every inch of their gear/bike. The brands come out with a new $10K bike every year, and that doesn't allow the previous year's model to depreciate enough for it to make sense for the average Joe to purchase either year, which means privateers severely disadvantaged on the older bikes.

What needs to change, in my opinion, are these 2 main things, and I'd like to hear what everyone thinks.

1 - Manufacturers need to build a bike and keep that model in production for 3-5 years, much like car manufacturers. They will get better ROI on their R&D as well as machinery to build the bikes, and will allow for second hand sales prices to depreciate.

2 - More focus needs to be placed on durability of the bikes to reduce the operating costs and replacement parts. The fact that a 250F motor from PC won't last more than 10 hours before needing a full rebuild is preposterous. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't F1 require that the car uses the same engine all season long? Maybe they're allowed 2?

Energy drinks are the main item keeping this sport afloat. We need to take our eggs out of that one basket and find a plan b but sponsors are only willing to put their money into a team if they feel they're getting enough spotlight. The bikes have such limited ad space on them that there isn't a ton of room to put easily identifiable logos.

+1000%

Honestly this announcement caught me by surprise
i never like seeing teams go, however i do agree with all of the points above
DonM
7/27/2017 5:24pm
bigmaico wrote:
Guy's: Correct me if I wrong, but didn't U.S. Suzuki loose several billion dollars on the Automobile side? Bean counters are looking hard at cutting cost...
Guy's:

Correct me if I wrong, but didn't U.S. Suzuki loose several billion dollars on the Automobile side?

Bean counters are looking hard at cutting cost to recoup some $$ somewhere.
It was Suzuki Japan not US Suzuki...
Katoomey
7/27/2017 5:39pm
DF313 wrote:

until the gates are missing competitors it's sort of hard for me to agree that there is even a problem.

if privateers are already not making any money and the satellite teams or private teams aren't making any money, and havn't been for a decade- what are we worried about? the privateers are still showing up to race.

you guys act like there is some competing market to encroach upon, or more market share to be had. There isn't. This is it. if you want to race motocross professionally, this is really all there is. There isn't any money in it because it has very little value to anyone outside of selling motorcycles and motorcycle gear. go ahead and compare it to other motorsports all you want. Then ask yourself why ping-pong doesn't have as much money as pro basketball. the answer is so simple, yet so hard to admit (if your into ping-pong)...people are just more interested in football, the how and why are irrelevant on their bank statements.

you guys can't have your communist cake and eat it like freedom fries too. I say that because how else do you pay someone more than they are worth and others less than they are worth? there's only so much money to go around...
mauidex
7/27/2017 5:53pm
Ozzy wrote:
Obviously never a good thing,
especially being a Winning Program, but heard rumors 2yrs ago back when TwoTwo was closing! #BUMMER
hey Ozzy what if anything can you tell about why discount tire bailed from your program?? they seemed to be pretty well integratedUnsureUnsure
Bruce372
7/27/2017 5:58pm
how many of you guys that are complaining about Suzuki not investing in the sport have bought a Suzuki recently?
gabrielito
7/27/2017 6:07pm
Hart must have left the toilet seat up one too many times, bummer for sure. Seriously though, not a good look when a championship caliber team can't make a go of it. The downward spiral of "growing the sport" continues.
7/27/2017 6:11pm
hasko158 wrote:
I'm sure RC was pulling a bigger paycheck from Suzuki than anyone part of that program. It is crazy that 2 super wealthy guys, 1 superstar/wealthy...
I'm sure RC was pulling a bigger paycheck from Suzuki than anyone part of that program. It is crazy that 2 super wealthy guys, 1 superstar/wealthy wife and WMG couldn't find sponsors. I'd have to think they lost the passion for it more than anything as they all have too many connections to not find funding.
WMG hasn't worked with the team on the sponsorship side since before KR was there.
wsc96
Fantasy
474th
7/27/2017 6:12pm
Falcon wrote:
01101101 01101001 01100011 01110010 01101111 01110011 01101111 01100110 01110100

Just thinking out loud here...not really sure about anything... Whistling
There are only 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those that don't?
Katoomey
7/27/2017 6:20pm
Kanewel433 wrote:

the problem isn't the bikes....i could say it a 1000 times

bikes are better and more reliable then they have ever been, and the price of bikes is exactly where they should be in relation to inflation. stagnant labor wages in the United States are why bikes aren't affordable.

those same people who used to afford bikes and racing, but now can't, are the same people who used to afford homes and new cars, but now can't.

are homes and cars, and everything else you buy overpriced too? how can everything be overpriced? do you think the 1%ers of wealth are buying up so many dirtbikes that they have inflated the price? one would have to assume, with this "grass roots" sport, as you call it, that the 1%ers aren't even buying 1% of the dirtbikes.

another thing is this, if it's a grass roots sport, then who gives a shit what happens at the professional level? well, the manufacturers do. the AMA production rule is the blade that cuts both ways. manufacturers aren't going to make two separate lines of motocross bikes (a cheap one to appease the masses and more developed one for professionals)
besides inflation, this is what has driven the price of bikes up if anything has. And you wanna know the funny thing, even if they sold cheaper bikes, would anyone buy them? You are selling bikes to a very specific type of buyer. Racers. Would you buy a cheap detuned version of a motocross bike? We're tapping into the very essence of racing here, which is to go as fast as possible within the confines of the rules. even amateurs of the lowest order aren't going to forget that.

the cost of racing is what it is. if you buy a slower bike, you just spend more money trying to catch up. The manufacturers aren't going to agree to be "fair". If you think the manufacturers are just going to go full spec racing, your delusional. These industries rely on refinement and technological innovation to stay ahead in the market place, along with winning races. the second one lifts their gaurd, the other pounces. until you can stop the manufacturers from competing with each other, then the technological wars will battle.

The manufacturers aren't going to save us. They don't sell dirtbikes like they used to. There isn't a lot in it for them to care about this one prefessional series. I wouldn't even be that surprised if a company like Honda just packed up and went home. they've done that with every motorsport endeavor they've ever been involved with besides motocross- there smallest market by a million miles.

Conkey
7/27/2017 6:27pm
I'm sorry but WMG is not worth a damn. The only thing I've seen them do is take the riders money.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
7/27/2017 6:59pm
Falcon wrote:
01101101 01101001 01100011 01110010 01101111 01110011 01101111 01100110 01110100

Just thinking out loud here...not really sure about anything... Whistling
wsc96 wrote:
There are only 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those that don't?
Why are we blaming microsoft?
oshow
7/27/2017 7:07pm
DF313 wrote:

Feld isn't struggling.... I'd start there.
dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
7/27/2017 7:29pm
DF313 wrote:

oshow wrote:
Feld isn't struggling.... I'd start there.
Agreed. Feld isn't hurting a damn bit..... I don't give a fuck what anyone says.
MX-LIFE.
7/27/2017 7:43pm
Interesting that all the super star know it all internet insiders that claim to know who is riding for who next and who got offered a deal but turned it down because for what ever reason didn't know shit about this! Hell I will act like I know something James and Malcolm will be riding the new Suzuki on thier in team! RCH is done not Suzuki! Carry on
NorCal 50+
7/27/2017 8:12pm
I tried poking into Feld's profits one time on the Internet- like you would with a normal company that reports to SEC etc.
I couldn't find a single digit of financial information from the company itself. Total black box. Maybe somebody else is better at it.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2447th
7/27/2017 8:23pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
Eeesh...who is actually making any money in this sport? This team had celebrity ownership, an amazing pit presence, groundbreaking B2B concepts, and won a championship! They...
Eeesh...who is actually making any money in this sport? This team had celebrity ownership, an amazing pit presence, groundbreaking B2B concepts, and won a championship! They should be hitting it over the fence, not shutting down.
they should be, but it comes down to money. sounds like suzuki was providing just enough support. they didnt even have a title sponsor this year after jimmys left.

not unlike what happened with chad reeds team.

motorsports are hurting and mx sx are towards the bottom of importance.
Francis377
7/27/2017 8:31pm
Plus those pretentious enough to use a binary translator on the Web and then post
on mx forums.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
7/27/2017 9:23pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
I tried poking into Feld's profits one time on the Internet- like you would with a normal company that reports to SEC etc. I couldn't find...
I tried poking into Feld's profits one time on the Internet- like you would with a normal company that reports to SEC etc.
I couldn't find a single digit of financial information from the company itself. Total black box. Maybe somebody else is better at it.
Privately held company. No need to report to the SEC.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
7/27/2017 9:32pm
Box vans and incentive-based contracts are the future of the sport. Budgets will shrink back to an acceptable ROI and the sport will find its natural...
Box vans and incentive-based contracts are the future of the sport. Budgets will shrink back to an acceptable ROI and the sport will find its natural level in the food chain. Semi-trucks, guaranteed contracts, and pit-side "brand activation" are all bullshit.
Long live Team Tamm.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
7/27/2017 9:39pm
WMG hasn't worked with the team on the sponsorship side since before KR was there.
^^^ would know.
tylermx967
7/27/2017 9:41pm
OH NO DOSE THIS MEAN SUSUZKI WILL STOP GOING TO THE RACES??? THEY ARE MY FAVERITE BIKE AND HAVE 2 OF MY FAVERITE RIDERS FORM TEXAS

Post a reply to: Suzuki and RCH Racing Conclude Partnership

The Latest