SEMAC
Edited Date/Time 11/17/2020 4:54am
Suzuki MotoGP world champion
|
luke11
Fantasy
2280th
11/15/2020 10:24am
So happy for Mir. He made a fan out of me this year.
early
Fantasy
2231st
11/15/2020 10:26am Edited Date/Time 11/15/2020 10:27am
Money well spent, congrats to Mir and Suzuki
11/15/2020 11:19am
Well done Mir. Mr consistent with only win i believe.
Was exciting season to watch without Marquez racing, so many different race winners.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4382nd
11/15/2020 11:58am
Zooki won 2020 MotoGP rider & team Championship so far. The constructor Championship is up for grabs as well as 2nd place in standings for Rins. Dream big.

The Shop

Natester551v
11/15/2020 1:18pm
A lot of credit to Suzuki test rider Sylvain Guintoli as well!! Very cool for Suzuki (although I wish their MotoGP effort didn't bleed so many resources from their MX stuff).

Mir and Rins are awesome!!!
Johnny Depp
11/15/2020 1:21pm
Congrats to Suzuki. It’s been along time since Kenny Roberts Jr. won it for Suzuki.
MXMattii
11/15/2020 3:53pm
A lot of credit to Suzuki test rider Sylvain Guintoli as well!! Very cool for Suzuki (although I wish their MotoGP effort didn't bleed so many...
A lot of credit to Suzuki test rider Sylvain Guintoli as well!! Very cool for Suzuki (although I wish their MotoGP effort didn't bleed so many resources from their MX stuff).

Mir and Rins are awesome!!!
Believe me when I say that they could run both easily. I mean the money they are cutting in MX/Off Road won't cover the bill for the MotoGP brake pads.
tylermx967
11/15/2020 5:49pm
WOW I DIND EVER HERE OF THIS SERIES BUT EXITED THAT SUSZUKI GETS ANOTHER TITEL
Subotai
11/15/2020 8:54pm
What are the championship bonuses? Anyone know?
SethGator
11/16/2020 5:06am
Great job by Joan all season, was pulling for Franky personally but it’s great to see Joan take it. Some great talent moving up next year too. Jorge Martin Almoguera is one to watch.

SethGator
11/16/2020 8:31am
Crazy thing is Mir is likely the slower of the two factory Suzuki pilots.
JPT
11/16/2020 9:11am
Glad he took at least one race this season. Winning the title without one would have taken the edge off.

I would have bet Fabio had it in the bag the way the year started, but he really folded at the end. Wouldn't mind seeing him take the final.
SethGator
11/16/2020 9:32am
JPT wrote:
Glad he took at least one race this season. Winning the title without one would have taken the edge off. I would have bet Fabio had...
Glad he took at least one race this season. Winning the title without one would have taken the edge off.

I would have bet Fabio had it in the bag the way the year started, but he really folded at the end. Wouldn't mind seeing him take the final.
Doubt that’ll happen. His confidence is shook real bad. Add in a new track (he skipped the open test) if he can get a podium it’ll be like a win. Yamaha is lost save for Franky.
hamncheeze
11/16/2020 4:26pm
Yes pretty amazing to see Suzuki on top of MotoGP. They could even potentially end up 1-2 in the points if Rins can land the win in Portimao.

Having said that, it is pretty depressing to know that Suzuki low-balled JGR with 300K for 2021. Even staying at 1.3M for another, that is literally a drop in the bucket compared to the MotoGP budget. I ultimately think this title is bad news for MX and Suzuki - validation that they are spending their budget correctly on MotoGP and completely ignoring the dirt side of the motorcycle industry. And it makes sense, MotoGP is truly global on a level so much higher than SX or MXGP. Those MotoGP races in Asia, all in markets where Suzuki sells a TON of small street motorcycles and also marine engines, that is why they are all in.

Even so, there is a lot of speculation about Suzuki getting a satellite team going in MotoGP for 2022, and I think it was the Motorsport.com guys dropping cold water on this idea saying they did not believe Suzuki would make the budget for it. Time will tell.
SethGator
11/16/2020 6:18pm
hamncheeze wrote:
Yes pretty amazing to see Suzuki on top of MotoGP. They could even potentially end up 1-2 in the points if Rins can land the win...
Yes pretty amazing to see Suzuki on top of MotoGP. They could even potentially end up 1-2 in the points if Rins can land the win in Portimao.

Having said that, it is pretty depressing to know that Suzuki low-balled JGR with 300K for 2021. Even staying at 1.3M for another, that is literally a drop in the bucket compared to the MotoGP budget. I ultimately think this title is bad news for MX and Suzuki - validation that they are spending their budget correctly on MotoGP and completely ignoring the dirt side of the motorcycle industry. And it makes sense, MotoGP is truly global on a level so much higher than SX or MXGP. Those MotoGP races in Asia, all in markets where Suzuki sells a TON of small street motorcycles and also marine engines, that is why they are all in.

Even so, there is a lot of speculation about Suzuki getting a satellite team going in MotoGP for 2022, and I think it was the Motorsport.com guys dropping cold water on this idea saying they did not believe Suzuki would make the budget for it. Time will tell.
I was thinking there will finally be a proper Suzuki satellite tram and that Dovi will be on it on a factory spec bike with the second spot going to someone like Marco Bezecchi.
G-man
11/16/2020 9:00pm Edited Date/Time 11/17/2020 4:54am
So awesome for Suzuki and Mir!

I have Suzy roots!
My first real motocross bike was a 1974 TM Suzuki 125 and I made this in wood shop 45 years ago! Woohoo

Was a big Barry Sheene, Randy Mamola and Kevin Schwantz fan as well, all those guys were great Racers who paved the way for Mir....
hamncheeze
11/16/2020 9:02pm
hamncheeze wrote:
Yes pretty amazing to see Suzuki on top of MotoGP. They could even potentially end up 1-2 in the points if Rins can land the win...

SethGator wrote:
I was thinking there will finally be a proper Suzuki satellite tram and that Dovi will be on it on a factory spec bike with the...
I was thinking there will finally be a proper Suzuki satellite tram and that Dovi will be on it on a factory spec bike with the second spot going to someone like Marco Bezecchi.
That kind of makes sense for Dovi taking sabbatical if could roll back into a Suzuki ride. Did you hear Steve Day and Matt Burt talking about Dovi possibly trying to line up for Marc's 2021 ride if he cannot be ready to go? It was during one of the FP sessions. Man, I hope that arm is not a career-ender. Love him or loathe him MM93 is magic on the bike.
hamncheeze
11/16/2020 9:06pm
JPT wrote:
Glad he took at least one race this season. Winning the title without one would have taken the edge off. I would have bet Fabio had...

SethGator wrote:
Doubt that’ll happen. His confidence is shook real bad. Add in a new track (he skipped the open test) if he can get a podium it’ll...
Doubt that’ll happen. His confidence is shook real bad. Add in a new track (he skipped the open test) if he can get a podium it’ll be like a win. Yamaha is lost save for Franky.
I think Yamaha has had a rough go with the engine situation and they've also had the most staff in the paddock have to miss races due to COVID. Plus they really had no test rider this year. Cal will help them, but with that engine already homologated for 2021 it will be interesting.
luke11
Fantasy
2280th
11/17/2020 1:41am
On a different tac but if you’re a casual MotoGP fan make sure you watch the next (last) round at Portimao. New track for MotoGP and one of the best tracks in planet earth, going to be some good racing!
SethGator
11/17/2020 4:28am
hamncheeze wrote:
That kind of makes sense for Dovi taking sabbatical if could roll back into a Suzuki ride. Did you hear Steve Day and Matt Burt talking...
That kind of makes sense for Dovi taking sabbatical if could roll back into a Suzuki ride. Did you hear Steve Day and Matt Burt talking about Dovi possibly trying to line up for Marc's 2021 ride if he cannot be ready to go? It was during one of the FP sessions. Man, I hope that arm is not a career-ender. Love him or loathe him MM93 is magic on the bike.
No I didn’t, but that’s be cool. Dovi was kinda the forgotten child when he was first at Repsol and they had a three rider outfit with Stoner and Pedrosa. He got his first career GP win at Donington over Colin Edwards. Killed me to see him hunt him down. Dovi could do some damage.
SethGator
11/17/2020 4:31am
luke11 wrote:
On a different tac but if you’re a casual MotoGP fan make sure you watch the next (last) round at Portimao. New track for MotoGP and...
On a different tac but if you’re a casual MotoGP fan make sure you watch the next (last) round at Portimao. New track for MotoGP and one of the best tracks in planet earth, going to be some good racing!
The hills just do it for me, kinda like Road Atlanta and it’s undulation.

Post a reply to: Suzuki Moto GP world champion

The Latest