Suzuki/JGR potentially coming back????

Related:
Create New Tag

3/31/2021 4:26 PM

The end of this MXA interview is kind of confusing, but it sort of seems like he’s saying that it is at least a possibility. Definitely sounds like even though he works for Suzuki, he’s still ‘actually’ working at JGR.....

https://motocrossactionmag.com/amp/mxa-interview-the-final-season-of-a-suzuki-lifer-lee-mccollum/

|

3/31/2021 5:32 PM

That interview may have just been posted but it gives off vibes that it wasn't recently done. Wouldn't surprise me from MXA. This part seemed odd and not current because JGR moved out and closed up their shop weeks after the season ended...

"HOW HAS FACTORY SUZUKI CHANGED SINCE CHANGE TO JGR? What changed is that I am working in North Carolina instead of California. We still deal with the same engineers, the same people, the same money, the same everything. We can make parts and do things at JGR that we actually could not do in our old race shop in Chino, California. Having the bikes, parts and team structure is not the hard part. Beating the other team’s riders is the hard part."

|

3/31/2021 6:26 PM

If JGR were to come back they would be REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALY foolish to team up with Suzuki. If I were Coy and Jbone I would be talking with Roger and swaying them to let JGR run the factory KTM 250 team.

|

Official member of the ElHombre fan club

Team MooseCAN

Deano2021

3/31/2021 7:31 PM

hartebreak wrote:

If JGR were to come back they would be REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALY foolish to team up with Suzuki. If I were Coy and Jbone I ...more

Or, Suzuki could get serious again. I'm not counting them out from a comeback yet...

|

James

3/31/2021 7:35 PM

MXA. the orig post date of that article could be anywhere from yesterday back to the Cretaceous Period.

they recycle articles for years and just update the date of the last post. i wish I would have had that strategy in school.

|

3/31/2021 7:40 PM

JGR Coming back for that all new 2022 rmz450 that's a stamp it thread.

|

3/31/2021 8:33 PM

As long as they can get riders to do the jumps

|

3/31/2021 10:12 PM

I sure would like to see them come back.

Those zukes were gorgeous bikes....

|

I was raised just off HWY 126 in Valencia during the 80's.

3/31/2021 11:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/31/2021 11:44 PM

Infrastructurally I think it would be highly unlikely that they could come back but If they did it would be interesting what bike they would choose.

I think they are too developmental to choose an Austrian brand because I don’t think they would want to just be handed a factory bike and told to use it.

Suzuki doesn’t have support.

They’ve already been down the Yamaha road.

Kawasaki rarely gives factory support.

Honda would be the best option but the Toyota Honda conflict won’t allow it.

|

4/1/2021 5:10 AM

They should have stayed blue crew and just waited for the factory effort to fold up shop. I know they were mad about Coop, but taking a pay cut to go with Suzuki was a bad decision.

|

I work to provide for my family, I ride to keep my sanity.

4/1/2021 5:13 AM

hartebreak wrote:

If JGR were to come back they would be REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALY foolish to team up with Suzuki. If I were Coy and Jbone I ...more

Not a chance of that happening. JGR is staying where they have all their facilities and KTM is staying in California.

|

4/1/2021 5:26 AM

Timo wrote:

They should have stayed blue crew and just waited for the factory effort to fold up shop. I know they were mad about Coop, but ...more

They made plenty of bad decisions. Yes, it's easy to be smart in hindsight. But they should've known that the future with Suzuki wan't gonna be bright.

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- KTM SX 250 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- Canyon Spectral:ON 7.0 2019 EMTB
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

4/1/2021 6:15 AM

AngryBear wrote:

MXA. the orig post date of that article could be anywhere from yesterday back to the Cretaceous Period.

they recycle articles ...more

Still, this look back interview on McCollum's long career (which actually starts with the cretaceous period) was pretty interesting.
Way more than wondering if JGR will ever come back, which is totally irrelevant and really looking through the small end of the telescope.
tongue

|

4/1/2021 6:22 AM

April Fools?

|

4/1/2021 7:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/1/2021 7:45 AM

That article is from the February MXA so probably 3 months old

|

4/1/2021 8:58 AM

I hope they are able to come back. I also hope they would be with Suzuki. We need all of the manufacturers involved and having a great east coast team is perfect.

|

4/1/2021 9:40 AM

🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

|

4/1/2021 9:59 AM

You don't "switch" from yamaha to Suzuki. That switch is purley to keep people motivated. They "lost" Yamaha, under performed with suzuki. Bad rider selection due to ignorance/pride. They should have been testing in california the whole time. .

|

4/1/2021 10:07 AM

Well, there's actually some truth to this. No Suzuki or J-Bone this time. A "Rockstar" of a team manager on a new( to US racing) bike. Big name rider already on board. 🤫

|

We are the sum of a 1,000 lives. What we know is almost nothing at all.

4/1/2021 10:17 AM

Kenny Lingus wrote:

Well, there's actually some truth to this. No Suzuki or J-Bone this time. A "Rockstar" of a team manager on a new( to US ...more

So Bobby Hewitt and Beta with Jason Anderson on board?

|

4/1/2021 10:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/1/2021 10:23 AM

Photo

Photo
|

I was raised just off HWY 126 in Valencia during the 80's.

4/1/2021 10:24 AM

Mossy940 wrote:

I think it's Brake Brackett.

|

4/1/2021 10:32 AM

Kenny Lingus wrote:

Well, there's actually some truth to this. No Suzuki or J-Bone this time. A "Rockstar" of a team manager on a new( to US ...more

Mossy940 wrote:

ZOBITO wrote:

Think about it over a cup of coffee.

|

4/1/2021 10:36 AM

APLMAN99 wrote:

The end of this MXA interview is kind of confusing, but it sort of seems like he’s saying that it is at least a possibility. ...more

Lee is one damn great guy and a super bad ass engine builder. I bet he has some epic, larger than life stories to tell.

|

4/1/2021 10:56 AM

Mossy940 wrote:

ZOBITO wrote:

Kenny Lingus wrote:

Dungey would be a great development rider for them but do you think he would be competitive again? Big name rider but not someone who is gonna win

|

4/1/2021 11:05 AM

Its all about who's paying the bills and Suzuki is not ready to do that. Or should I say yet. The just won a MOTO-GP title and Moto=GP isn't cheap

|

4/1/2021 11:32 AM

Mossy940 wrote:

ZOBITO wrote:

Kenny Lingus wrote:

AND what is the date today...

|

4/1/2021 11:37 AM

ZOBITO wrote:

Kenny Lingus wrote:

Brent wrote:

AND what is the date today...

Thought I was adding to the joke not starting it. Oops.

|

4/1/2021 1:08 PM

I did a check on the date, that's why I said that it was confusing. Almost like a mashup of several discussions over a period of time rather than perhaps just something last week or month.

The way it was written it did sound like he was still working out of NC (JGR), and for Suzuki, but I agree that it is most likely just a very poorly written MXA 'interview'........

|

4/1/2021 4:48 PM

The JGR bikes looked awesome that year!

|