Suzuki BFRC shock swap outs

RF145
5/28/2022 7:57pm
According to Ricky Johnson, Chase Sexton is running this shock on his HRC 450. He loves the feel of the shock.
I guess it now must damn good as Chase went 1-1today at Pala with a dominating win.
Seems Tim Gieser (sp?) has been using this shock too.
Sandusky26
5/28/2022 8:01pm
RF145 wrote:
According to Ricky Johnson, Chase Sexton is running this shock on his HRC 450. He loves the feel of the shock. I guess it now must...
According to Ricky Johnson, Chase Sexton is running this shock on his HRC 450. He loves the feel of the shock.
I guess it now must damn good as Chase went 1-1today at Pala with a dominating win.
Seems Tim Gieser (sp?) has been using this shock too.
I just replaced my BFRC today. The Irony.
Nairb#70
5/29/2022 4:41pm
This is gonna sound really lame, but what the heck does BFRC stand for? Big flippin' something?
Bruce372
5/29/2022 5:06pm
Nairb#70 wrote:
This is gonna sound really lame, but what the heck does BFRC stand for? Big flippin' something?
Balance free rear cushion. All the valving and pistons are in the reservoir instead on the end of the shock shaft like normal. I think it's similar to ohlins road race stuff.

Kinda ironic that it's high end tech stuff, just like that piston suzuki had with the rubber x ring. It's works stuff and everyone takes it off because they don't understand the design to tune it properly.

The Shop

Nairb#70
5/29/2022 5:40pm
Nairb#70 wrote:
Bruce372 wrote:
Balance free rear cushion. All the valving and pistons are in the reservoir instead on the end of the shock shaft like normal. I think it's...
Balance free rear cushion. All the valving and pistons are in the reservoir instead on the end of the shock shaft like normal. I think it's similar to ohlins road race stuff.

Kinda ironic that it's high end tech stuff, just like that piston suzuki had with the rubber x ring. It's works stuff and everyone takes it off because they don't understand the design to tune it properly.
Well bugger me! Well phuck me runnin'! I never even looked into this thing before. As a former suspension tech, I am embareassed and ashamed, but that was 25 years ago. At first glance, it resembles the insides of a conventional twin chamber fork, albeit loosely. Sherman and Mr. Peabody gonna be burning the midnight oil!
Kowskii305
5/29/2022 6:10pm
Is this similar to the shock that Sexton and TG243 are running?
DA498
5/29/2022 6:16pm
Kowskii305 wrote:
From what Im learning , Yes.
wreckitrandy
5/29/2022 6:19pm
MXVet261 wrote:
Stop fearing the new technology. Remember in 2008 when Suzuki was the first to introduce throttle body FI? Everyone freaked out. Now they all have it...
Stop fearing the new technology. Remember in 2008 when Suzuki was the first to introduce throttle body FI? Everyone freaked out. Now they all have it.

The new BFRC shock is awesome technology. You can pull the valving assembly out without disassembling the entire shock. The piston pushes the oil through the valving instead of pushing the valving through the oil.

The main issue here is that there just isn't a whole lot of knowledge around it soon enough to be ready for prime time Supercross. So I think you are seeing people just switch over to known technology to get by.

By no means am I a pro or really even that good anymore, but this shock is totally fine for all us normal amateurs. I'm sure they will figure it out for pro level soon.

Race Tech has recently released all their gold valving products for the BFRC shock and I have a set on the way. I've run Race Tech for years on a dozen bikes so I'm sure it will work out good.

Gold!!
ML512
Fantasy
36th
5/29/2022 7:42pm
Kowskii305 wrote:
Same design, works version has a ton of updates that have never reached consumer level. I could be wrong, but last I heard the main piston may not be a solid piston on the works version.
5/29/2022 8:27pm
Someone last weekend told me they don’t know how I’m riding on that shock, I asked what they didn’t like about it, their answer, like always is “well I heard” or “well I read” literally no real world experience.
tek14
5/29/2022 9:17pm
Kowskii305 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Same design, works version has a ton of updates that have never reached consumer level. I could be wrong, but last I heard the main piston...
Same design, works version has a ton of updates that have never reached consumer level. I could be wrong, but last I heard the main piston may not be a solid piston on the works version.
Will new version make to any production bike?
Sandusky26
5/30/2022 4:08am
Someone last weekend told me they don’t know how I’m riding on that shock, I asked what they didn’t like about it, their answer, like always...
Someone last weekend told me they don’t know how I’m riding on that shock, I asked what they didn’t like about it, their answer, like always is “well I heard” or “well I read” literally no real world experience.
The KYB is an upgrade from my revalved BFRC. I’ve got one ride on a pretty close to stock 250 shock, much better is acceleration chop and feels more settled in braking bumps. Still have a lot of testing to do.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
5/30/2022 5:49am Edited Date/Time 5/30/2022 5:50am
Kowskii305 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Same design, works version has a ton of updates that have never reached consumer level. I could be wrong, but last I heard the main piston...
tek14 wrote:
Will new version make to any production bike?
I believe I heard Kawasaki was considering it’s usage in this current platform 450 but the test riders weren’t happy with the performance. However, I believe that version was very close to the one on the Suzuki.

I haven’t heard anything as of late that points towards further development in the production side.

Post a reply to: Suzuki BFRC shock swap outs

The Latest