Suspension Revalve Records

Related:
Create New Tag

12/8/2018 6:17 AM

Let's say you buy a used bike and the previous owner had the suspenion sent out for new springs and a revalve, but there's no tag/sticker on the fork or shock stating spring rate, oil height, oil weight, and rider weight/skill. Do suspension tuners keep records of exactly what they do to every customer's suspension? Could you call up, say, Race Tech and ask for the details on your suspension?

|

12/8/2018 6:25 AM

Interested to hear the answer. Id sure hope so. Imagine buying a practice bike and asking for the same valving and theyre like, send us your other set so we can copy it

|

12/8/2018 6:27 AM

nage0139 wrote:

Let's say you buy a used bike and the previous owner had the suspenion sent out for new springs and a revalve, but there's no ...more

Most of the shops do. If you have the owners name that had the suspension done, model, and year they should be able to dig it up.

|

12/8/2018 6:43 AM

Race tech keeps a record, it must be entered by the tech

|

Thanks for your Support
100%, Mobius, Sunstar, Pirelli, Odi, Acerbis, Beck's Tech Suspension and Tuning, Arma Sport, Works Connection, Mojo Motorsports, Ride Engineering

12/8/2018 7:08 AM

Graeme Brough had records from my 98 yz125 he did when he worked at Fmf. Found that out when I was having him revalve one of my sons bikes bikes in 2011ish. I was shocked when he opened up an old notebook and showed me.

|

12/8/2018 8:06 AM

Factory connection definitely has notes by persons name

|

12/8/2018 11:38 AM

ML512 wrote:

Most of the shops do. If you have the owners name that had the suspension done, model, and year they should be able to dig it ...more

They're going to tell you the stacks and oil height, etc?
Cuz, I'm going to start calling PC going "I bought so-and-so's old
practice bike. Can you tell me what the valving is before I tear into it?"laughing laughing laughing laughing

|