Suspension 2020 FC250 Beginner

Hello so i was looking for some advice and suspension knowledge. I just picked up a 2020 fc250 about 2 months ago but I have been riding mx tracks for almost 2 years in Texas. Ranging from Ty Master pools place to village creek and swan mx and have done about 5 races at swan mx and I want more out of my suspension now that i am in the racing scene more and wanting to get more serious and comfortable on the bike. In not knowledgeable about suspension and want to learn more about it. I do mess with my clickers and air pressure but not exactly the best way to adjust them when I dont like how it feels, i also dont know how to set sag on my own. I've been in contact with Craig over at Enzo Suspension about getting some work done and he rerecorded a re valve and a spring conversion along with replacements of damaged parts for $1500 and at my age making $9 an hour i want to get the best bang for my buck!!! Im still in the beginner class but i have a decent pace and would consider myself a pretty fast beginner rider. But as i have been getting faster my suspension has just gotten worse and i am not sure what to do. I am 185 pounds and stay the same most of the time between 180-190. What would you guys recommend, would appreciate any help.
|
LungButter
8/15/2022 1:08pm
Make sure you have the correct spring rate on your shock.

Get your suspension serviced by a reputable local tuner so you know it's all fresh and working correctly.

Make friends with someone at the track who can watch you ride and help you set your clickers.

There is a TON of adjustability with those air forks....if I were a Beginner level rider on a budget no way in hell would I shell out the money for a spring conversion from ENZO before I was damn sure I was getting the most out of the stock stuff.

For what it's worth, I know someone who qualified for 3 Nationals last year and scored points in the 450 class on bone stock KTM forks. You can make them work with a little time and tuning.

YMMV
8/15/2022 2:06pm
How are you only making 9$/hr, at 190lbs you should be able to make way more than that
Dirt.Squirt
8/15/2022 2:13pm
Pgd09yz450 wrote:
How are you only making 9$/hr, at 190lbs you should be able to make way more than that
Lol wut?
Richy
8/15/2022 2:31pm
Pgd09yz450 wrote:
Not every job is a hotdog eating contest?

The Shop

mxracer666
8/15/2022 2:31pm
Agree with LungButter. Get someone to help you set your sag in the rear (friend, dad, mom) Just do it the same way and exact same body position each time. Determine if you need a stiffer spring than stock, and make sure the shock has fairly fresh oil and is properly serviced (as well as the swing arm and linkage bearings!) Get the forks serviced as well to make sure the oil is clean. The forks are very adjustable and are good forks for anyone at least thru intermediate level - the person who services your fork and shock can give you some good advice on fork setup and oil level.
8/15/2022 2:33pm
Go to Adventure Moto in Mckinney. Get the cartridge kit. Just got it done on my 250sx and it's amazing.
8/15/2022 2:54pm
Pgd09yz450 wrote:
Richy wrote:
Not every job is a hotdog eating contest?
Cut grass dig ditches anything able bodied 190lb kid should be able to make way more than 9 bucks an hr
LungButter
8/15/2022 2:59pm
Pgd09yz450 wrote:
Cut grass dig ditches anything able bodied 190lb kid should be able to make way more than 9 bucks an hr
Kid asks for honest suspension advice....gets a life coach instead....Vital.

Post a reply to: Suspension 2020 FC250 Beginner

The Latest