Survey: Trackside Parts

752dad
12/12/2017 5:48pm
KTM mini bike stators, shifters, clutches and kickstarters.

12/12/2017 6:13pm
It's all been listed pretty much.
Doing tire or tube changes is huge, if you're quick at it and good at it, there is money to be made there... I CAN do it, but if its going to cost me $20 for someone to do it in 10 minutes without pinching my new tube and I can make it to the next moto I'll fork out $20.

Levers, grips, tear offs, basic fluids, fasteners, pre-oiled air filters (no-toil did this I think) etc. Spark plugs.

There is always the person that packs a bit too light for the day, or those of us that are always prepared that forgot to pack that one part that broke that day.

I've seen a few different people give this a go, and even though they always seem to be busy it's hard for them to stay open, but, up here they pay out the nose to get stuff across the border with exchange rates etc, and I hear bad things about the big distributor companies in Canada not making it easy for small businesses to get started.
12/12/2017 6:32pm
The tire machine is huge. My local shop owner told me that before any of the big events/races in our area, there’s a HUGE amount of people needing tires done. He had to raise the price, and even started turning people away. Even said that he hired a teenage kid to help for a month, because they were falling behind on their other service work.

I’d imagine a tire machine at the track would do great ONLY if you were fast and efficient at it. I’ve seen to many days ended short because of a flat or tire related problems.
TeamGreen
12/12/2017 6:36pm
Charge $50 to install Michelin bibs.

The Shop

KDXGarage
12/12/2017 11:48pm
Check on permission / costs of track owner

levers
spark plugs
tubes
toilet paper (I can miss a moto before TP)

Post a reply to: Survey: Trackside Parts

The Latest