Surge in bike sales = Low hour deals next year?

11/1/2020 8:00am
If we are in lockdown in 2022 our country/economy will be completely fucked... dirtbikes will be the least of our worries
Freight rates since mid June, are at a all time high. That is the heart beat of the economy. Production of any product, you could think of where haulted. Co.s didn,t want to get sued, for getting employs sick. Employees made more money being off. They had free time, so they bought dirt bikes. Employee goes back to work, has no time to ride. So they sell there bikes, this will take a few months.
TeamGreen
11/1/2020 8:06am
In a few months it will be a buyers market again.
Out here...a little bit of rain and the "Off-Road" folks start hitting the trails. The Hare Scramble/Enduro crowd gets their ride on during the Winter and Spring.

Hell, I'm looking at getting a GasGas 300 for 'The WInter' Grinning
Dizzy714
Fantasy
3695th
11/1/2020 9:34am
When should we expect CRF110’s back in healthy stock and not extremely marked up?
Joe512
11/1/2020 10:56am
Dizzy714 wrote:
When should we expect CRF110’s back in healthy stock and not extremely marked up?
When twitch, axel, buttery, and dangerboy stop riding them. And I'm not trying to be a smart a**, I think they were a big reason for the recent increase in pitbikes not just the covid era. So until it becomes uncool on youtube they will be hard to come by.

The Shop

Indy mxer
11/1/2020 3:29pm
Try getting financed for a $9K 450 or a $25K SxS when you're on umemployment. And that stimulus check will only put a dent in it, and is probably paying bills if you're out of work.

I think it has more to do with people wanting to have fun outdoors. It's people working and looking for another place to spend their disposable income. At least that's what I see here.
TeamGreen
11/2/2020 8:06am
Out here in Cali, I saw families in toy-haulers with new bikes for all the kids...in March and April...as in... WELL BEFORE the checks were rolling in.

Big City America was shut down and hiding in the bedroom.

Meanwhile...

PLENTY of people wanted to go outside and play. I saw people out shooting (lots of outdoor shooting areas in Far Nor-Cal), hiking, Mt Biking...and...of-course...LOTS of people out riding. From SoCal to NorCal I saw a ton of people out riding durinh "The Corona Spring"/Zombie Apocolypse. From "private track days" (That a certain promoter tried to SHUT DOWN!) to out in the Hi-Dez to The Forest to the many open riding areas thru-out California. I saw A LOT of C/C sjiers in the Eastern Sierra, too. Side X Sides shredding theu the mountains and the Dez. A LOT OF 4X4 and people trailering around America.

It was what I considered a "Silver Lining" during those unpredicatable and often "over-governed" early days (Id you recall, people like the Mayors of LA & NY -were not- instilling confidence...at all).

Funny, I rememeber my wife sending me on "Material Shopping Runs" from C-Bad to Murietta to Palmdale to Redding. I must have bought HUNDREDS of yards...maybe thousands...of material. I can tell ya where the specific materials are at any given JoAnn's...she made masks for The Navy, Marines, CHP, various SO's and PD's...heck, I've got so many "get out of jail" cards because of her!

Grinning

The Ironic thing? I REALLY miss driving on Abondoned Freeways! Woohoo
LKHill
11/2/2020 8:15am
Title of post should be "Surge in bike sales = No deals next year?"
11/2/2020 8:19am
This.... i know multiple people who received a huge govt corona check "$10k+" for not having a job and claiming it was due to corona virus so they got back pay. Is it legal? who knows its not my deal since I have worked everyday during this virus and never got a extra penny... actually i lost my yearly raise and 401k match at work so i took a pay cut to keep my job.....
yz133rider
11/2/2020 9:14am
This.... i know multiple people who received a huge govt corona check "$10k+" for not having a job and claiming it was due to corona virus...
This.... i know multiple people who received a huge govt corona check "$10k+" for not having a job and claiming it was due to corona virus so they got back pay. Is it legal? who knows its not my deal since I have worked everyday during this virus and never got a extra penny... actually i lost my yearly raise and 401k match at work so i took a pay cut to keep my job.....
Same with me and my job. Rumor is I’ll lose the raise I’m supposed to get next month. Find out soon.
Indy mxer
11/2/2020 9:27am
This.... i know multiple people who received a huge govt corona check "$10k+" for not having a job and claiming it was due to corona virus...
That may be true in a few cases. But I still say people on unemployment aren't driving this surge. The ones I know in that situation are worried about making ends meet. Considering, even with the bump in unemployment payments they still took a pay cut.
It's people still working with money to spend causing this. My brother is selling SxS's, 4 wheelers and dirtbikes as fast as he can get them. According to him 80% are financed. They're not getting a loan without a job!

Btw, pools, RV's, Mt bikes and boats and just about anything to do with outdoor recreation is selling fast here.
11/2/2020 9:39am
yz133rider wrote:
Same with me and my job. Rumor is I’ll lose the raise I’m supposed to get next month. Find out soon.
Took ours the week before i would have seen it when this all hit, already told us the amount and everything then bam..... last week in last march 401k match frozen and no raise which would of taken effect first pay in last April, still have not got it and we will soon be in the next year cycle so ill never get back what i lost this year even if some slim chance i get a raise this April... (highly unlikely)

Post a reply to: Surge in bike sales = Low hour deals next year?

The Latest