Supply Chain Disruptions - Order Wait Times

Related:
Create New Tag

3/29/2021 1:25 PM

I’ve ordered a couple of parts in the last few months and they still haven’t been shipped due to being stuck in containers at the port.

I’m kind of bummed that companies allow you to place an order and let you know of the circumstances after you send a follow up email a few weeks after purchasing and waiting.

At this point, I’ve exhausted my options and will continue waiting but the least they can do is advertise with a disclaimer.

|

Vital Mx is not safe...

3/29/2021 1:33 PM

I tell all my customers the wait time the OEMs list plus one week on anything we order. It's getting pretty crazy.

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

3/29/2021 1:52 PM

I’m with you. It’s a little bit shitty to let someone place their order, give no indication that half if it is back ordered, then inform them on their packing slip when they receive half their order in the mail.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

3/29/2021 2:03 PM

Yep Same thing happened with me on ordering OEM parts for my street bike.

I went to Rocky Mountain and the radiator hoses for my bike some were back ordered there are 10 hoses total so I went to PartZilla and thet did not indicate any of them were back ordered gave them my credit card# and 2 months later I am still waiting!

Meanwhile peak riding season is going away. I am pissed off and will never order from Partzilla again! angry

|

3/29/2021 2:05 PM

JM485 wrote:

I’m with you. It’s a little bit shitty to let someone place their order, give no indication that half if it is back ordered, ...more

This exactly my case. Only half my ordered was delivered. Not to mention that it took over a week to generate a tracking number. Only for me to call and find out that the rest of my order is stuck in the ports. I wouldn’t of cared if they simply listed this prior to placing my order.

|

Vital Mx is not safe...

3/29/2021 2:11 PM

G-man wrote:

I went to Rocky Mountain and the radiator hoses for ...more

Bummer dude! I’m hating this so much. Nowadays, it’s so hard to trust these websites!

|

Vital Mx is not safe...

3/29/2021 2:23 PM

G-man wrote:

I went to Rocky Mountain and the radiator hoses for ...more

This happened to me aswell. Local dealer said some stuff was on backorder so I looked online and Partzilla said in stock so I placed an order and paid extra for faster shipping. 1/3 of the parts showed up and it was harder than it should be to get ahold of someone. Learned my lesson and local dealer ended up coming thru! Babbitts did the same thing when I ordered some Z125 parts aswell.

|

www.viralmoto.com
@viral_moto

3/29/2021 2:26 PM

I’ve noticed that RMATVMC has their software dialed in and when you go to order a part, they’ll tell ya if it’s in stock or when THEY THINK they’ll have it; BUT!, I’ve noticed a few dates on items I’ve been wanting sliding...up to SIX WEEKS! cool

And guess what? I’ll get over it!

If we need further explanation(s) of what, how or why shipping is a problem during this Zombie Apocalypse-COVID-Dip Shits got a SHIP STUCK IN THE SUEZ era? Well, then, I think we may not “be getting it”.

I’ve had to help friends find bikes (just got a ‘21 CRF-RL for a Baja Buddy from a Vital forum member last week!) gear, boots, tires, bibs, over-sized bar clamps(!), OEM parts...etc. during all of this madness...& it’s challenging.

But, I think we all know why.

I’m jus’ sayin’...

|

Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals. I get my back into my living. I don't need to fight, to prove I'm right. I don't need to be forgiven.

3/29/2021 2:27 PM

The put the wrong guy on the job for getting the boat unstuck...

Photo

|

I was raised just off HWY 126 in Valencia during the 80's.

3/29/2021 2:36 PM

ShawdowGlen wrote:

Photo

Gold

|

3/29/2021 3:18 PM

ShawdowGlen wrote:

Photo

inthebadboycorner wrote:

Gold

YEAH BABY!

|

Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals. I get my back into my living. I don't need to fight, to prove I'm right. I don't need to be forgiven.

3/29/2021 3:57 PM

9 fing days from motosport in stock part. They FING used dhl as shipper! thought they had died

|

3/29/2021 4:07 PM

I guess you guys don't know this but Japan post is not shipping anything by air freight to U.S. because of covid only by Sea. It generally takes 11 days by ship from Japan to the long Beach pier. Which I've been told the port is 3 weeks behind. So they've resorted to using other couriers like dhl fedex. To try and get things moving faster.

|

3/29/2021 4:12 PM

I understand the delays. What I'm upset about is the appalling lack of customer service nowadays. It's like they think, "Well, it will take forever to ship, so we might as well just take our time." I recently ordered something from a reputable company. They had the product in stock, took my money, created a shipping label, and then didn't bother to pack and ship the order for two days. What the actual F? That's just complete BS to me.

Another issue is with the shipping companies. I understand you guys have been impacted by a massive increase utilization because of Covid. But, guess what? You've had 12 months to get it sorted out. Don't have enough people? Hire some! Don't have enough trucks? Buy some more! Holy shit, is it really that hard to adapt to a changing market?

FedEx recently took 17 days to deliver a 2-day package to my wife. They refused to refund her the increase she paid for the 2-day service. That's bad customer service.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

3/29/2021 4:54 PM

Don't wreck your new Jeeps & Fords. Back ordered parts are months out.

|

3/29/2021 4:56 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

I’ve noticed that RMATVMC has their software dialed in and when you go to order a part, they’ll tell ya if it’s in stock or ...more

That’s my point, Rocky does a great job letting you know what’s in stock and what’s being delayed. When I see something is out of stock on one website, I hop onto the next and if it’s says it’s in stock when it really isn’t, it ends up being frustrating.

|

Vital Mx is not safe...

3/29/2021 4:58 PM

Falcon wrote:

I understand the delays. What I'm upset about is the appalling lack of customer service nowadays. It's like they think, "Well, ...more

I completely agree

|

Vital Mx is not safe...

3/29/2021 5:08 PM

Photo
Photo
Photo
|

3/29/2021 5:28 PM

I literally deal with this all day everyday and things are just royally f*cked up. You can't count on anything to come in on time anymore and there is no rhyme or reason to when things can arrive to the US. Port delays have thrown a huge wrench in everything and shortages of supplies to make parts are also totally screwing up everything. Honda couldn't make Pioneer's because they couldn't get tires. Kawi couldn't get bodywork for their SXS's, it goes on and on.

What I'm trying to say is we get it, I ride and also struggle to get stuff I want too and I hate telling dealers and their customers that they can't get their stuff either. So please be patient because trust me, we all want everyone to get their stuff so you can bling out your bike or get your bike running again.

|

3/29/2021 5:37 PM

Try to buy from your dealer, they may have what you need in stock. Parts Unlimited is still one day service to most dealers as well, at least last week they were.

|

3/29/2021 5:46 PM

MX369 wrote:

9 fing days from motosport in stock part. They FING used dhl as shipper! thought they had died

Motorsport has sucked for a while. Tried to keep supporting them but can’t burn nice weekends waiting of stuff.

|

3/29/2021 5:51 PM

Photo
Long Beach harbor entrance- there was 4-5 in front of these and 3-4 behind....
|

3/29/2021 6:15 PM

chuck356 wrote:

Try to buy from your dealer, they may have what you need in stock. Parts Unlimited is still one day service to most dealers as ...more

did that. Ordered from dealer they use PU. did a 2 day delivery from WI to MO. Package went to St Louis the to FING Las Vegas. last friday. still sitting there WTF!

|

3/29/2021 6:18 PM

chuck356 wrote:

Try to buy from your dealer, they may have what you need in stock. Parts Unlimited is still one day service to most dealers as ...more

MX369 wrote:

did that. Ordered from dealer they use PU. did a 2 day delivery from WI to MO. Package went to St Louis the to FING Las Vegas. ...more

What dealer? If they are one of mine I can look into it for you.

|

3/29/2021 6:28 PM

SrfNdirt wrote: Photo

A few weeks ago I counted 18 out in the open that I could see. Not sure how many more were stacked in the port. Was told there were several deaths (COVID) and a high rate of illness throughout the port.

|

3/29/2021 6:31 PM

Spooner wrote:

I literally deal with this all day everyday and things are just royally f*cked up. You can't count on anything to come in on ...more

I get being patient but I don’t understand why sites continue to sell knowing that they don’t have any stock. I run an online site and I have it set to not allow overselling.

|

Vital Mx is not safe...

3/29/2021 6:33 PM

chuck356 wrote:

Totally! I love supporting my local dealers. AEO Powesports in Murrieta is top notch. I just bought some Goggles and misc items over the weekend. Can’t imagine not having them around.

|

Vital Mx is not safe...

3/29/2021 6:34 PM

That’s insane!

|

Vital Mx is not safe...

3/29/2021 6:54 PM

There are 40 ships at anchor waiting. Ships need to stop calling on CA. That state is starting to cease to function.

|

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly

3/29/2021 6:57 PM

premiersportsoutlet wrote:

That’s insane!

Not really, common practice to run up prices. They already had 80 crude oil ships, drop anchor 100 miles out. To run oil up. There is enough cheese in the caves in Mo., to fill those ships 10 times over. Then there is a cheese shortage, just an example.

|