Supermoto of Nations

MXMattii
Edited Date/Time 4/29/2022 6:21am
Are here any supermoto-fans and/or drivers? With the upcoming Supermoto of Nations being in Belgium I'm very interested...
|
cable
4/26/2022 1:37pm
Ive always wanted to see henry wiles race it. Hes won 450A class at red bud in the past and thats not easy.
philG
4/26/2022 2:15pm
They just announced they are running a pre 2002 support class at the SMON, and the Superbiker Event in October at Mettet

I will ride both it i can , and hopefully be doing the announcing on circuit in English again after missing last year.

The SMoN will run on the pernanent track, the Superbiker on the road course.

One will be rammed, the other , not so much.
chuckie108
4/26/2022 3:21pm
cable wrote:
Ive always wanted to see henry wiles race it. Hes won 450A class at red bud in the past and thats not easy.
Henry rode quite a few AMA SuMo nationals back in the day. Dude was fast but not a threat to win.

The Shop

MXMattii
4/26/2022 4:15pm
It would be cool if the Americans could find 3 fast riders who can compete for the win. Maybe if we start now they can loan some machines, same with Australians because the Oceania Supermoto scene is way more active than most of the European scene.
Sawfish
4/26/2022 6:26pm
I didn’t even know that smdn was a thing. Any links to stream?
moto67e
Fantasy
2734th
4/26/2022 6:28pm Edited Date/Time 4/26/2022 6:29pm
MXMattii wrote:
It would be cool if the Americans could find 3 fast riders who can compete for the win. Maybe if we start now they can loan...
It would be cool if the Americans could find 3 fast riders who can compete for the win. Maybe if we start now they can loan some machines, same with Australians because the Oceania Supermoto scene is way more active than most of the European scene.
Gage McAllister is pretty fast. But he's not spending his own money to race that race. Chris Fillmore and Dustin Hofman are fast too. Chris works for KTM, maybe they could field a USA team.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
4/26/2022 7:13pm
MXMattii wrote:
It would be cool if the Americans could find 3 fast riders who can compete for the win. Maybe if we start now they can loan...
NZ has a very small Motard scene but runs as a part of some road race events without any dirt,

Aussie has a small scene as well, doubt that either would send a team
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4382nd
4/27/2022 2:03am
CZ has strong SM presence. Mauno Hermunen living here. Vorlíček, Kejmar & now Sitnianský hauling butts being the proof. France looks like nobrainer winner but i hope team CZ can fight for podium.

Always wanted to ride SM but the prize and the cost (and ammount) of tyres made it only a wet dream. Unsure
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4382nd
4/27/2022 2:20am
One question... Why teams in S1 use Hondas so much? Sideways TM is race ready motard out of the crate so i get it. But why are Hondas prefered out of the jap4? Shouldn't Yami be potentially better for motard mod with it's airbox and engine design?
clarkgray432
Fantasy
4009th
4/27/2022 5:52am
moto67e wrote:
Gage McAllister is pretty fast. But he's not spending his own money to race that race. Chris Fillmore and Dustin Hofman are fast too. Chris works...
Gage McAllister is pretty fast. But he's not spending his own money to race that race. Chris Fillmore and Dustin Hofman are fast too. Chris works for KTM, maybe they could field a USA team.
Does McAllister even race still?
philG
4/27/2022 6:59am
CZ has strong SM presence. Mauno Hermunen living here. Vorlíček, Kejmar & now Sitnianský hauling butts being the proof. France looks like nobrainer winner but i...
CZ has strong SM presence. Mauno Hermunen living here. Vorlíček, Kejmar & now Sitnianský hauling butts being the proof. France looks like nobrainer winner but i hope team CZ can fight for podium.

Always wanted to ride SM but the prize and the cost (and ammount) of tyres made it only a wet dream. Unsure
Yeah, i raced in Cheb a few times, in the IDSM series, Hermunen and Kejmar are another level, but there isnt enough teams or money in it really to be a proper pro. It is just an expensive hobby.
philG
4/27/2022 7:03am
One question... Why teams in S1 use Hondas so much? :side: TM is race ready motard out of the crate so i get it. But why...
One question... Why teams in S1 use Hondas so much? Sideways TM is race ready motard out of the crate so i get it. But why are Hondas prefered out of the jap4? Shouldn't Yami be potentially better for motard mod with it's airbox and engine design?
The Italians love their Honda's and HM put effort into the 450. Some of the parts will cross over with MX(not many) so i guess it helps costs.
I dont think anyone has got the Yamaha to work, it doesnt respond as well as the Honda to the frame mods.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4382nd
4/27/2022 10:17pm
CZ has strong SM presence. Mauno Hermunen living here. Vorlíček, Kejmar & now Sitnianský hauling butts being the proof. France looks like nobrainer winner but i...

philG wrote:
Yeah, i raced in Cheb a few times, in the IDSM series, Hermunen and Kejmar are another level, but there isnt enough teams or money in...
Yeah, i raced in Cheb a few times, in the IDSM series, Hermunen and Kejmar are another level, but there isnt enough teams or money in it really to be a proper pro. It is just an expensive hobby.
Both Kejmar and Hermunen are retired now.

Kejmar's career is interesting case. He raced mx and sx here and tried some adac sx but he was injured more often than not. Once his friends convinced him to try local supermoto event on parking lot (lol) he hated the idea, he hated the overalls, basicly he was grumpy young motard guy but he smoked everyone there and gave supermoto shot and raced until 2018-ish. Never world champ, always close. Now he trains kids supermoto but mostly mx. (There are not that many supermoto kids in general)
Dirt.Squirt
4/27/2022 11:22pm
MXMattii wrote:
Paging sipes ZO and some guy most of us have never heard of
philG
4/28/2022 5:31am

philG wrote:
Yeah, i raced in Cheb a few times, in the IDSM series, Hermunen and Kejmar are another level, but there isnt enough teams or money in...
Both Kejmar and Hermunen are retired now. Kejmar's career is interesting case. He raced mx and sx here and tried some adac sx but he was...
Both Kejmar and Hermunen are retired now.

Kejmar's career is interesting case. He raced mx and sx here and tried some adac sx but he was injured more often than not. Once his friends convinced him to try local supermoto event on parking lot (lol) he hated the idea, he hated the overalls, basicly he was grumpy young motard guy but he smoked everyone there and gave supermoto shot and raced until 2018-ish. Never world champ, always close. Now he trains kids supermoto but mostly mx. (There are not that many supermoto kids in general)
My friend was Hermunens mechanic when he was at SHR on TM and Honda.. he is a great guy,and very fast.
We had his Factory Husqvarna from 2011 season in 2013.. awesome bike.
Loved going to Cheb, always a fun race, won their in the wet once, only in the U40 class, but still a win.
moto67e
Fantasy
2734th
4/28/2022 4:46pm
moto67e wrote:
Gage McAllister is pretty fast. But he's not spending his own money to race that race. Chris Fillmore and Dustin Hofman are fast too. Chris works...
He just raced the Stateline Hart memorial race and got 3rd with a borrowed bike and hardly any practice.
Project 2501
Fantasy
394th
4/28/2022 5:04pm
moto67e wrote:
moto67e wrote:
He just raced the Stateline Hart memorial race and got 3rd with a borrowed bike and hardly any practice.
came here to say something similar. Gage is a pretty bad dude on a motorbike even coming off the couch.
lumpy790
4/29/2022 6:21am
Didnt Doug Henry, Jeff Ward and Mark Burkhart come over and race the SMoN?

Supermoto was kind of strange the way it was formed here in the USA. The AMA created the Pro series before there was even amateur races going on. In the beginning I was a sponsor of the Mountain Motorsports team Kawasaki Monster team with my catch tanks and Muffler Sliders.

I cant think of his name right now but a guy from Canadia started a amateur series in the north east. Something happened about the $$ and he disappeared. A couple from Columbia Maryland took over and ran it for a couple years till the 2008 economy crash that pretty much killed the sport here. A few tracks had started popping up before the crash.

Post a reply to: Supermoto of Nations

The Latest