Supermini's.....will anyone challenge Deegan?

Edited Date/Time 8/6/2021 7:28am
I would love to see Casey Cochran give him a run for his money. I know Deegan usually has the upper hand but Cochran is a great kid and I would love to see him take the win. Cochran is someone I could see finding his groove in his later years when he turns pro like Villopoto did.

Does anyone know how Cochran's GasGas holds up to to Deegan's KTM?
|
Hi Side
8/1/2021 10:58am
I would think Cochran’s GG will be on the same level as Deegans bike. Something else to consider is Cochran is a bit lighter than Deegan so Casey could have a slight HP advantage. I think Deegan has the upper hand talent wise. I’m not sure Cochran has ever really strung any wins together over Deegan.
nousername
8/1/2021 11:06am
Its hard not to root for deegan but I wanna see cochran get the win. Deegan has all the money and resources his whole life witch makes things a lot easier and for cochran to be able to compete with him shows his nature talent. We see it every year the next best thing turns pro and fades away and very few make it. Look at webb to ciancirulo, villopoto to alessi.
Flatliner
8/1/2021 11:10am
He looks really big on the supermini but this is the last hurrah. That bike probably has like 35hp.
80sMXbadboy
8/1/2021 11:11am
yes several will challenge him
..down the start straight that is

The Shop

MotoX85
8/1/2021 11:57am Edited Date/Time 8/1/2021 11:58am
Not really, that's why he's running the class instead of moving up to the bigger bike. Why not grab a couple LL titles to put more value on yourself. And if he's still class legal, then all far in love and war

I do think Cochran has him covered though.

With Deagans history, I bet his bikes get "inspected"
LKHill
8/1/2021 12:41pm
The only thing Deegan has on Cochran is age.
B Gotti
Fantasy
4184th
8/1/2021 12:58pm
MotoX85 wrote:
Not really, that's why he's running the class instead of moving up to the bigger bike. Why not grab a couple LL titles to put more...
Not really, that's why he's running the class instead of moving up to the bigger bike. Why not grab a couple LL titles to put more value on yourself. And if he's still class legal, then all far in love and war

Didn't Cochran protest him on 50's & Deegan was illegal?
motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
8/1/2021 1:16pm
Deegan looks more like a High school quarterback than a motocross racer these days.
LowBidder
Fantasy
1737th
8/1/2021 3:48pm
Deegan's corner speed and rut skills are very impressive, especially for a hard pack Cali kid. While Janik, Caudle, Smerlick, Cochran etc. are all great riders, Deegan will most probably go 6 for 6.
dkurtd
8/1/2021 4:30pm
MotoX85 wrote:
Not really, that's why he's running the class instead of moving up to the bigger bike. Why not grab a couple LL titles to put more...

B Gotti wrote:
Yes.
kunk
Fantasy
3031st
8/1/2021 4:32pm
MotoX85 wrote:

B Gotti wrote:
Yes. They protested him at Oakhill. I think Deegan pulled out of the race instead of letting them tear it down though.
Cochran has beat Deegan plenty of times though.
dc444
Fantasy
1334th
8/1/2021 4:51pm
LowBidder wrote:
Deegan's corner speed and rut skills are very impressive, especially for a hard pack Cali kid. While Janik, Caudle, Smerlick, Cochran etc. are all great riders...
Deegan's corner speed and rut skills are very impressive, especially for a hard pack Cali kid. While Janik, Caudle, Smerlick, Cochran etc. are all great riders, Deegan will most probably go 6 for 6.
Want to bet?
dkurtd
8/1/2021 5:17pm Edited Date/Time 8/1/2021 5:23pm
MotoX85 wrote:

B Gotti wrote:
kunk wrote:
Yes. They protested him at Oakhill. I think Deegan pulled out of the race instead of letting them tear it down though. Cochran has beat Deegan...
Yes. They protested him at Oakhill. I think Deegan pulled out of the race instead of letting them tear it down though.
Cochran has beat Deegan plenty of times though.
SilverSpurs
8/1/2021 5:30pm Edited Date/Time 8/1/2021 5:32pm
MotoX85 wrote:

The word is he and his dad are scared of Tim Ferry and his boy in big bikes.

Evan kicks Deegan arse and they cannot have that so retreat.☠️
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2582nd
8/1/2021 5:58pm
Deegan will in the LL Titles.. Casey Cochran will win the AMA titles in the years to come.
8/1/2021 6:11pm
motoxxx599 wrote:
Deegan looks more like a High school quarterback than a motocross racer these days.
What does that mean?
88FYNN88
8/1/2021 6:40pm
Deegan will have the better bike due to him having his engine built by Twisted Development who also makes a lot of pro team engines. But with Deegan being a bigger kid I think CC66 can give him a battle. I am also interested to see what Janik can do.
Hammer 663s
8/1/2021 7:06pm
motoxxx599 wrote:
Mason Davis from the PNW is actually a very good quarterback. Big kid. He was top 15 LL supermini last year. My boy has raced him several times and the kid is next level. And deegan will whoop him. Double next level.

Hammer 663s
jbrow125
8/1/2021 7:27pm Edited Date/Time 8/1/2021 7:28pm
motoxxx599 wrote:
What does that mean?
Chubs. It's all in the cheeks, bruh. lol
SilverSpurs
8/1/2021 7:55pm
MotoX85 wrote:

B Gotti wrote:
Indeed. Brian basically said " I don't think my boy is good enough to win fair and square, so I'll do what I did in SX and run fat".
Lucia92
8/2/2021 4:11am
LKHill wrote:
The only thing Deegan has on Cochran is age.
They're the same age. Deegan is just physically bigger.
Speeddemon73
8/2/2021 4:56am Edited Date/Time 8/2/2021 6:04am
I find it funny that Haiden accuses Evan Ferry of cherry-picking 125 class races when he himself is actually doing so on superminis. If I remember right, Haiden raced a 125 at Mini-O's and whined because the big boys bounced him around a little and apparently cut him off when he tried to get the holeshot. Look, I wish the kid the best, but I think he is in for a rude awakening once he hits big bikes. Right now he's a big fish in a small pond. The problem is most of the kids that Deegan races are all fans of his. Once he enters into the big bike classes with older kids who could care less about the Deegans, they are not going to roll over and play dead when challenged.
Motofinne
8/2/2021 5:18am Edited Date/Time 8/2/2021 5:31am
I find it funny that Haiden accuses Evan Ferry of cherry-picking 125 class races when he himself is actually doing so on superminis. If I remember...
I find it funny that Haiden accuses Evan Ferry of cherry-picking 125 class races when he himself is actually doing so on superminis. If I remember right, Haiden raced a 125 at Mini-O's and whined because the big boys bounced him around a little and apparently cut him off when he tried to get the holeshot. Look, I wish the kid the best, but I think he is in for a rude awakening once he hits big bikes. Right now he's a big fish in a small pond. The problem is most of the kids that Deegan races are all fans of his. Once he enters into the big bike classes with older kids who could care less about the Deegans, they are not going to roll over and play dead when challenged.
That's why i don't understand why people care so much about this. All these races mean next to nothing, especially for guys like Deegan that will get their fair shot at it as a pro from day 1 with good bikes. Things start to matter once you hit the pro level.

JT talks about this on his latest podcast where he compares the US amateur racing setup to the EMX setup, and how far off the US amateur races really is to actual pro racing.

It will be interesting to watch Deegan when he turns pro. What he does now as a 15 year old on a supermini with a taller seat on is not that interesting to be honest.
88FYNN88
8/2/2021 6:19am
I find it funny that Haiden accuses Evan Ferry of cherry-picking 125 class races when he himself is actually doing so on superminis. If I remember...
Motofinne wrote:
That's why i don't understand why people care so much about this. All these races mean next to nothing, especially for guys like Deegan that will...
That's why i don't understand why people care so much about this. All these races mean next to nothing, especially for guys like Deegan that will get their fair shot at it as a pro from day 1 with good bikes. Things start to matter once you hit the pro level.

JT talks about this on his latest podcast where he compares the US amateur racing setup to the EMX setup, and how far off the US amateur races really is to actual pro racing.

It will be interesting to watch Deegan when he turns pro. What he does now as a 15 year old on a supermini with a taller seat on is not that interesting to be honest.
Brian and Levi have to agree.

8/2/2021 7:14am
It's too bad he already gets so much negativity from people. It's his, and his dad's choice in what direction his career goes.
ZOSICK
8/2/2021 7:59am
So being of age, on the correct bike and within the rules is "cherry-picking" lol. Kid can't help that he's a big kid. My kid will stay on 85's until he has to move up lol. My kid is on the smaller side, 9-10 years old's are taller than him lol yet, I had to put him on a bike that way to big for him because the "AMA" age rule. The rules work for or against kids. My kid also has the worst month for a birthday (November), so he has to race kids a year older from the get go lol. In the end, it is what it is. I look at it like this, eventually, my kid will have to race these older and faster kids. It makes no difference I guess. Hell, at 12, he will line up against kids that are 12-17 years old. In the grand scheme of things, he's already riding with grown ass men, A-C riders and pros during a practice days. Just my two cents for a racers dad.
ZOSICK
8/2/2021 8:07am
Motofinne wrote:
That's why i don't understand why people care so much about this. All these races mean next to nothing, especially for guys like Deegan that will...

100% true! At an armature level, having more resources makes a difference. However, once he's on the line at the pro level SX/MX race, it's sink or swim!
Trickamoto
8/2/2021 8:22am
You have zero idea what the fuck your talking about....check his age dummy.
Richy
8/2/2021 8:35am
Trickamoto wrote:
You have zero idea what the fuck your talking about....check his age dummy.
I've got no comment on the second part of this speeddemon dude's post, I'm nowhere near a good enough rider, psychic or even fan to predict who will do what in the future... and fair play to any of them who do well, whoever's you are you can't get anywhere without hard work, even if some may have an 'easier' path.

But I distinctly remember them calling out Evan Ferry (for doing nothing wrong, and something they are essentially doing), and I remember the crying about a standard first turn out of the gate. The hypocrisy and belly aching is not a nice side of them to see, and it's been seen time and again.

Same with the cheater motor comments above, is it just them who did it or do I really, really, give a shit personally? No to both of those, but it's not sportsmanlike behaviour, and it's certainly not respectable or even passable.
Richy
8/2/2021 8:37am
Just to keep rambling like an old idiot, look at how the Red Dogs carry themselves as a contrast. They still have the connections and the advantages, but seem respectful and honest along with it. That's all I'll say.

Post a reply to: Supermini's.....will anyone challenge Deegan?

The Latest