Supercross track in stadium orientation always backwards.

nrosso391
Fantasy
2824th
Edited Date/Time 2/9/2019 10:27am
This happens every year when we go to Minneapolis Supercross. We already ordered tickets. And being smarter than the people selling tickets, and have gone to every Supercross here since 1995, I know they always put the starting gate closest to the big entrance to the stadium floor. We saw the track design and knew which side the track and section we got were correct. Now seeing the Dirt Wurx video below confirmed I was right. We got section V5 which is the same side as the Finish Line jump and rhythm section. The picture online showed the opposite.

How many people have had this happen to them not knowing the trick?

I would sure be pissed spending $60-100 per ticket and not seeing the section of track I wanted in front of me.

Still wrong on SupercrossLive, click on "Track Map": https://www.supercrosslive.com/events/minneapolis-mn-2019-tickets

Actual track in stadium:

|
2/8/2019 8:50am Edited Date/Time 2/8/2019 8:54am
This actually has me quite pissed off as I purposely got tickets where I did due to the track layout knowing which end the start has been on in the past. Thanks for nothing Feld! $350 for tickets and my view will be blocked by the manager’s tower. Total bullshit.
nrosso391
Fantasy
2824th
2/8/2019 9:06am
This actually has me quite pissed off as I purposely got tickets where I did due to the track layout knowing which end the start has...
This actually has me quite pissed off as I purposely got tickets where I did due to the track layout knowing which end the start has been on in the past. Thanks for nothing Feld! $350 for tickets and my view will be blocked by the manager’s tower. Total bullshit.
Yeah shit like that shouldn't happen.
moto348
2/8/2019 4:04pm Edited Date/Time 2/8/2019 4:08pm
I caught this yesterday as well. Last year we got burned and the berm + catch net was our view instead of the rhythm lane. Sucked ass. So w/ seats with this year I accounted for them to rotate the layout. I'm guessing whoever designs these for the website got it flip flopped.

If you look on Ticketmaster you'll see the sections where the triple is supposed to be according to the original track map are sold out. Little do they know they're going to be watching from behind the gate & the triple is on the opposite side. There will be some pissed off people tomorrow.
dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
2/8/2019 4:19pm
Feld seems to be in the habit of pissing folks off as of late..... I agree, complete bullshit to do that to people.

The Shop

2/8/2019 4:47pm
Lucky for you there’s not a bad seat in US Bank stadium! Don’t even know where my friend’s tickets are but I’ll find out once I get em from will call.

FYI: if you’ve never been to Minny sx before, grab a lower level seat in one of the corners. Cheap and can see everything!
aeffertz
2/8/2019 4:58pm
Thanks for the heads up! I learned that trick on here a couple years ago after getting burnt. The start is always closests to the main tunnel.

I still have to get a ticket because I have to deliver the mail tomorrow until about 5 PM if all goes well and it’s an half and a half to Minneapolis. As long as I can get there before the heats, I’m going! going to be a hectic ass day. Hopefully no more snow and I don’t get stuck in my mail truck again!
Jtommr
2/8/2019 5:12pm
Yes, that happened to my group last year, major bummer.
2/8/2019 5:42pm
This actually has me quite pissed off as I purposely got tickets where I did due to the track layout knowing which end the start has...
Classic Euro. Doesn't know anything about Supercross. Anyone who has been to Supercrosses knows that level 1 is where the clueless fans go. The real fans sit on the level 2 where they can see the whole track.
2/8/2019 6:21pm Edited Date/Time 2/8/2019 6:23pm
Classic Euro. Doesn't know anything about Supercross. Anyone who has been to Supercrosses knows that level 1 is where the clueless fans go. The real fans...
Classic Euro. Doesn't know anything about Supercross. Anyone who has been to Supercrosses knows that level 1 is where the clueless fans go. The real fans sit on the level 2 where they can see the whole track.
Classic troll. I've only been to like 30 supercross races. And my seats are club level. Thanks for inquiring.
Marty1028
Fantasy
1104th
2/8/2019 6:35pm
Classic Euro. Doesn't know anything about Supercross. Anyone who has been to Supercrosses knows that level 1 is where the clueless fans go. The real fans...
Are you always an asshat, OneWord?
ctbale
2/8/2019 6:46pm
hey oneword, lets keep it to one word ... dillhole
Hank_Thrill
2/8/2019 9:18pm
The best seats in my opinion are the cheap ones in the upper areas. There’s a reason football games are not filmed on the sidelines.
2/8/2019 10:03pm
The best seats in my opinion are the cheap ones in the upper areas. There’s a reason football games are not filmed on the sidelines.
Front of the upper deck is the best seat in the house for Supercross.
Racerxx
2/8/2019 10:13pm
I've been sitting in the top row at Anaheim for 20 plus years now best seat in the house IMO
Motoxdoc
2/9/2019 12:32am Edited Date/Time 2/9/2019 12:33am
I've been to a 100 Sx's and I would never choose to watch from anything near that V section, F section or 100's seating. C section, 200's or 300's for me! That way the track layout doesn't matter, you get to see it all. From my observations, the families, newbies and people who aren't as interested in the competition sit down low.
zippytech
2/9/2019 8:17am
My buddy is a cheap ass, he just pays for the cheap seats and moves around the stadium.. he said there is always empty seats..
Flip109
2/9/2019 8:29am
I get my tickets so high up only thing blocking my view is the distance LaughingLaughing
cameron96
2/9/2019 8:31am
It is a super cool experience if your sitting down low, and that’s a key passing area of they track

You only see about 1/2 the track but seeing it that up close is supper cool!

But being stuck infront of a start gate or triple would suck. Up top consistently delivers
dl117
Fantasy
2577th
2/9/2019 8:34am Edited Date/Time 2/9/2019 8:35am
Son of a bitch, bought last minute tickets yesterday , wasnt sure was going to be home. Got section 338 cause it looked like finish line side......I wish I would have seen this yesterday
barnett468
2/9/2019 8:37am
"$350 for tickets"

WTF?
barnett468
2/9/2019 8:40am
There is also a reason why cameras have telephoto lenses.
shiftmx_22
Fantasy
708th
2/9/2019 10:27am
Yikes I would be pissed. I went to Glendale this year and bought tickets based off of that track map/stadium orientation. Fortunately it was correct.
Thinking about going to Houston, can anyone confirm is this would be correct? Can’t really tell where a main entrance would be.

Post a reply to: Supercross track in stadium orientation always backwards.

The Latest