Supercross in Canada why even bother ?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/14/2010 2:41 PM

I know it's fall out over the Jam Sports AMA fiasco but the Canada round is a joke.

This round is more like punishment then something the riders and Teams want to do.

|

3/14/2010 2:44 PM

were you there?

|

3/14/2010 2:45 PM

23 guys on 450s is a joke.

|

3/14/2010 2:49 PM

R-acer wrote:

were you there?

Oh I get it, I wasn't there so I have no opinion ?

|

3/14/2010 2:53 PM

|

I don't trust any "Joined Date" later than 2012

3/14/2010 3:00 PM

The riders/teams don't seem to care for it at all. However, as I've been told, FELD is in the entertainment business and could care less about the actual racing aspect of it.

Then again, attendance shows 42,883.. that's just a tad bit less than Anaheim 1 at 43181.

For some reason, the broadcast made this round seem like a complete bore, even though the racing had it's exciting moments.

|

3/14/2010 3:05 PM

Toronto was a sweet. I hope we get more races in Canada

|

3/14/2010 3:24 PM

bartziokas123 wrote:

Toronto was a sweet. I hope we get more races in Canada

HAHAHA...yeah, that will happen!laughing

|

3/14/2010 3:27 PM

They need to have a race in Virginia or North Carolina and drop Toronto.

|

3/14/2010 3:30 PM

Why drop Toronto, its great for the sport. Keep Toronto and add a race in Virginia or North Carolina if there is a market for it.

|

3/14/2010 3:31 PM

jbomx363 wrote:

The riders/teams don't seem to care for it at all. However, as I've been told, FELD is in the entertainment business and could care less about the actual racing aspect of it.

Then again, attendance shows 42,883.. that's just a tad bit less than Anaheim 1 at 43181.

For some reason, the broadcast made this round seem like a complete bore, even though the racing had it's exciting moments.

This...

|

3/14/2010 3:38 PM

Why not? Crowd keeps getting bigger every year.

Why bother with 3 Anahiems? That's getting real old.

TO is only a couple hours from Detroit, it's not like they're driving to the Yukon. If Feld could use some common sense in scheduling these things so teams didn't have to drive back and forth across the continent every week, they'd increase rider turnout at all rounds.

|

HAF

3/14/2010 3:39 PM

crowd looked decent

|

Instagram - @MxCulture

3/14/2010 3:40 PM

I was there. I was entertained as were 42,882 other spectators. Feld had to have made money. To me thats a success even though I have to admit it was weird only seeing 23 riders in the 450 class. I'd say a poor US economy is the biggest reason for the lack of riders. Less sponsorship dollars for privateers equals less riders at all rounds this year. Not just Toronto.

|

3/14/2010 4:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/14/2010 4:21 PM

when I raced supercross in the late 90's they had qualifiers all day long just to make it into the evening program. What is going on? The starting gates have looked empty all season long.

|

3/14/2010 4:14 PM

not knocking canada ,but the ama superx series should be 100 percent in the usa.they should have a small 4 race series though and call it the north america sx series with canada included in it.

|

3/14/2010 4:20 PM

why do you care ??? mike alessi doesnt even race sx ...

|

3/14/2010 4:25 PM

Middle of winter those Cantuckians really need something to break the bordom. Why take it away from them?

|

My wife calls you guys the Yahoos.

3/14/2010 4:34 PM

jbomx363 wrote:

Should have had the Canadian pro motocross announcers for this one.
That's what I was thinking for the entire show. smile

Attendance looked solid for Toronto. Just got make it more travel friendly on the schedule for next year....

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

From dirt bikes to dirty strikes! Bowl on PBA tour @wozbowls. Oh...and I'm MXPTV.

3/14/2010 4:36 PM

The atmosphere was very energetic. The crowd was very excited and it was a very respectable crown turnout though notsomuch 450 riders.

The track was cool, the dirt bad, for different reasons than recent years. The riders seemed to enjoy it the same as any other non-hometown race.

Aside from the lack of 450 entrants, I don't see the problem with the round.

|

Preparation+Opportunity=Luck.

3/14/2010 4:48 PM

and we have too many Anaheim, they can do with another race on the East or OH/MI/Pittsburg!

|

The Journey is the Destination

3/14/2010 4:56 PM

Why not have a national outdoor round in Canada?

|

3/14/2010 5:10 PM

Looked like a lot of smilin canuckians to me. Seems like we can share with our next door neighbors.

|

3/14/2010 5:11 PM

88sdad wrote:

Why not have a national outdoor round in Canada?

Because there Canadian Champs are from the USA?
SX Lites Canadian World Champion #17 BBB
SX Heavys Canadian World Champion #2 RV

|

Bone or bail i got to race
It,s all about stayen on the box!
All these dudes think ya have a problem but the true problem is everyone else. Motocrossers are uptite family people!

3/14/2010 5:18 PM

I don't even know why we have Canada to be honest. That's a lot of land that the United States could use.

|

Best Regards,

~ J. Sloan

3/14/2010 5:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/14/2010 7:02 PM

I don't suppose they can semi trucks full of decent dirt across the border?*
*actually heard this round took more dirt than any, so far.

|

3/14/2010 5:25 PM

J. Sloan wrote:

I don't even know why we have Canada to be honest. That's a lot of land that the United States could use.

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!w00t

|

Bone or bail i got to race
It,s all about stayen on the box!
All these dudes think ya have a problem but the true problem is everyone else. Motocrossers are uptite family people!

3/14/2010 5:39 PM

Shenzi wrote:

and we have too many Anaheim, they can do with another race on the East or OH/MI/Pittsburg!

Find a stadium with a roof in the Northeast yet?

I was not very happy when I saw the new Giants Stadium with no roof. Boo.

|

From dirt bikes to dirty strikes! Bowl on PBA tour @wozbowls. Oh...and I'm MXPTV.

3/14/2010 5:48 PM

Shenzi wrote:

Matt Wozney wrote:

Find a stadium with a roof in the Northeast yet?

I was not very happy when I saw the new Giants Stadium with no roof. Boo.

pontiac

|

3/14/2010 5:49 PM

J. Sloan wrote:

laughing
|