Supercross good for the sport?

mccread
4/18/2010 10:32am
kx1984 wrote:
Here is good racing without the do or die factor. 70,000 were there and no one was missing thesuper technical death trap that Supercross has become...
Here is good racing without the do or die factor. 70,000 were there and no one was missing thesuper technical death trap that Supercross has become. If you were at this race , do you think you would miss the triple ,step on to step off to triple config. of the current tracks? Thse fans were not missing anything. Just sayin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3O4_se6_T4
class race both had such great style too and yes, more like indoor motocross- far better!
Farva
4/18/2010 10:42am
SX is good for the sport.

Dirt Wurx is bad.
bultokid
4/18/2010 11:56am
Is it just me or would anyone else love to see 250 2strokes for SX and 450's outdoors ? ( well I'd love 500 2t outdoors but that's not going to happen )

The Shop

motowhore
4/18/2010 12:00pm
DirtDgr wrote:
What you have to ask yourself is: Would supercross survive if outdoor motocross at all levels ceased to exist? Nope. Would outdoor motocross at all levels...
What you have to ask yourself is:

Would supercross survive if outdoor motocross at all levels ceased to exist?

Nope.

Would outdoor motocross at all levels survive without supercross?

Hell yes.

I agree with the poster above that supercross is good for the sports elite but can hurt the core when Johnny Wide Open brings mom and dad to a supercross to convince them he needs a shiney new KX80. Not sure they would agree after that.

Are you serious??? Outdoors is barely hanging on, for the past several years. SX is the money maker. and like it or not, SX pays the salaries for riders to do the outdoors.

Have you checked the outdoor purses lately? You are really fooling yourselves if you think MX thrives without SX.

Jeremy made SX into a major sport. He paved the way for riders to make millions a year. MX paved the way for nothing in the last 20 years.... Sad but true.

I love MX more than SX, but facts are facts.
4/18/2010 3:48pm
SX is good for MX, as it exposes a lot of people to the sport. SX on the other hand has ended some great riders careers, and lives.
observer
4/19/2010 1:32am
Motocross is being slowly but surely, stuffed into and confined into what we know as SX.
Period. And this is tragic...

Post a reply to: Supercross good for the sport?

The Latest