Supercross barely making the news

Related:
Create New Tag

5/31/2020 7:29 AM

Only second sport back and during this unprecedented time and we can’t even get coverage during that. At least major coverage.

|

5/31/2020 7:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/31/2020 7:42 AM

Wouldn’t matter if they advertised, everybody’s out burning down their cities so that’s dominating people’s tv screens now.

Well I guess they coulda put up banners with the rioters

|

5/31/2020 7:55 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Wouldn’t matter if they advertised, everybody’s out burning down their cities so that’s dominating people’s tv screens now.

...more

Crazy times for sure.

|

5/31/2020 8:53 AM

Actually it might be better, safer this week end due to the riots.

But I totally agree. We have to push it mainstream during this period.
|

5/31/2020 10:07 AM

Nah, im glad its low key
By the way 2 hour live broadcast on nbc Sunday afternoon is a great time slot imo

|

5/31/2020 8:31 PM

Photo

Salt Lake News Paper.
|

6/1/2020 11:51 AM

Unfortunately I think a lot of peoples NBC coverage cut to the news showing the rioting. That's what it did in Philly at least and I'm sure the same for other people in big metropolitan areas. That is a huge timeslot though. Unfortunate that the riots were going on to take away the coverage

|

6/1/2020 11:59 AM

I assume a lot of advertisers didn’t have to pay, or Feld to air it?

|

6/2/2020 9:25 PM

Hmm I wonder why

|

in a past life, I was myself

when opportunity knocked, it waited because I was busy

I gave my father a talking to

6/2/2020 9:30 PM

The market always looks to the future, and it is way up. The short term sucks obviously, but we’ll be back to normal very soon.

|

6/2/2020 10:03 PM

I forget which podcast it was, maybe the Pulp MX show with the Feld PR guy, but they said a lot of local media outlets contacted them and wanted to show up and cover it but they contacted them the day of or the day before so they weren't allowed because they would need to follow the steps everyone else took to get in. Maybe for the next rounds they can get some more people there before the actual race to cover it rather than just write about it.

|

6/2/2020 10:18 PM

Associated press ran a wire story that gets massive distribution and pickup

https://apnews.com/1f0f72649dc7e449c73aa2e39e0b493e

|

6/2/2020 10:58 PM

I'm stoked that we've been (I say we, I didn't do shit, I mean supercross...lol) setting precedences for reopening sports. I think over the next week we'll see more coverage. This is a sport that can bring 70,000 to a stadium, it's not little league. For them to be holding events without that revenue is a HUGE statement. And their seemingly thorough approach to athlete and supporting staff safety should absolutely be a trend setter. I'm kinda proud of supercross right now, to be honest.

|

6/3/2020 11:09 AM

Soros

|

6/3/2020 11:22 AM

For what’s its worth, my local sports talk radio station briefly mentioned it, which I’ve NEVER heard them do before

|

6/3/2020 5:14 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

...more

On one of Matthes podcasts they did mention they saw a guy helping push a car over with a Geico Honda hat. haha

|

6/3/2020 6:50 PM

zookrider62! wrote:

For what’s its worth, my local sports talk radio station briefly mentioned it, which I’ve NEVER heard them do before

Did they say supercrossing?

|

GP740
Since 1987

6/4/2020 12:01 AM

Guys get your tinfoil hats i have a conspiracy theory for you:

The executive council of quad riders was so bummed out that they don't get the spotlight so they managed to fund and escalate the riots to prevent SX from being coveraged.

|

the ultimate MX renegade from the east shore of the big cold pond

6/4/2020 2:24 AM

Personally I don’t really care if the sport goes “mainstream”. A lot of people think MX/SX should grow like NASCAR, which is becoming a joke. Part of the reason I’ve always liked our sport is it’s not mainstream. My 2 cents.

|

6/4/2020 6:27 AM

cwel11 wrote:

Personally I don’t really care if the sport goes “mainstream”. A lot of people think MX/SX should grow like NASCAR, which is ...more

^^^THIS RIGHT HERE^^^!!!

|

@ Teamflanneloutdoors
Youtube

6/4/2020 4:22 PM

cwel11 wrote:

Personally I don’t really care if the sport goes “mainstream”. A lot of people think MX/SX should grow like NASCAR, which is ...more

I agree to a point, however with that, we also have to realise that if the sport doesn't grow, privateers and basically anyone outside of the top 10 will never make decent money.

We cant have our cake, and eat it to

|

6/4/2020 4:28 PM

cwel11 wrote:

Only one small correction to your statement. NASCAR, has been a joke for many years.

|

Support those who protect us....our military, law enforcement and 1st responders.

6/4/2020 4:35 PM

Are you genuinely surprised that it’s not making the news?

|

6/4/2020 7:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/4/2020 7:06 PM

cwel11 wrote:

CM_84 wrote:

I agree to a point, however with that, we also have to realise that if the sport doesn't grow, privateers and basically anyone ...more

The single biggest issue facing the sport is cost. Anyone who rides and races ever sit down and start adding up the cost? Bike, gear, fuel, camper(hotels), entry fees, etc. Plus I have a son doing it too so double everything lol. Bad enough for us numbskulls, privateer traveling the country, yikes. I get it that more eyeballs means more money but I highly doubt the riders see it. Ahem....FELD

|

6/4/2020 7:03 PM

|

6/4/2020 9:19 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

...more

CM_84 wrote:

On one of Matthes podcasts they did mention they saw a guy helping push a car over with a Geico Honda hat. haha

That was my dumbass 17-year-old son. But he didn't push the car over he was near it with his Eli Tomac autographed hat. Told my wife I was especially pissed that he was bringing moto into ill-repute.
|

6/4/2020 11:44 PM

level wrote:

Only second sport back and during this unprecedented time and we can’t even get coverage during that. At least major coverage. ...more

No news here.

|

6/5/2020 4:04 AM

str8line wrote:
That was my dumbass 17-year-old son. But he didn't push the car over he was near it with his Eli Tomac autographed hat. Told ...more

Hahaha

|

6/5/2020 8:18 AM

str8line wrote:
That was my dumbass 17-year-old son. But he didn't push the car over he was near it with his Eli Tomac autographed hat. Told ...more
Photo

Could not help it!
|

Rather be a racer for a time than a spectator for a lifetime..