Supercross asking for low TV ratings?

Considering yesterdays race wasn't aired on tv til 9pm cst wouldn't you think supercrosslive wouldn't post the winners on their social media? I know I'm not the only one who was bummed to accidentally pull up instagram and have the 450 main spoiled for me... Like are they trying to make people not watch?!
|
2/12/2017 3:28pm
If you were aware of the delayed TV schedule and didn't want to have the results spoiled, why did you open up social media?
2/12/2017 3:32pm
Always avoid all forms of social media when waiting to watch the race.....coming from the UK this is the golden rule.
2/12/2017 3:37pm
If you were aware of the delayed TV schedule and didn't want to have the results spoiled, why did you open up social media?
Force of habit... Notice how I said only the 450 main was spoiled for me? Cause as soon as I realized my mistake I dropped my phone in fear of seeing 250s as well.

I knew twitter would be an even bigger danger zone, but other than supercrosslive most other pages did a good job not posting til after IMO... maybe it's just the pages I follow.

The Shop

jeffro503
2/12/2017 3:37pm Edited Date/Time 2/12/2017 3:38pm
If I'm behind on watching a recorded race like an hour or so...i don't even check my text messages! Never fails that a buddy sends me a text and ruins the whole race for me ( on accident anyways ). Definitely don't go on any social media. It'll ruin it for you every single time.

Consider it lesson learned.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
2/12/2017 3:42pm
Force of habit... Notice how I said only the 450 main was spoiled for me? Cause as soon as I realized my mistake I dropped my...
Force of habit... Notice how I said only the 450 main was spoiled for me? Cause as soon as I realized my mistake I dropped my phone in fear of seeing 250s as well.

I knew twitter would be an even bigger danger zone, but other than supercrosslive most other pages did a good job not posting til after IMO... maybe it's just the pages I follow.
We posted updates on Instagram throughout the night.

If you don't want spoilers, don't go online. Smile
Moto331
2/12/2017 3:51pm
I never watch it live. Why sit through hours of Goddamn commercials. I always start it an hour later and stay the hell off Facebook!
Premix
2/12/2017 4:02pm
Can't stay off your phone/social media for 3 hours? What a time to be alive.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
2/12/2017 4:03pm Edited Date/Time 2/12/2017 4:11pm
Considering yesterdays race wasn't aired on tv til 9pm cst wouldn't you think supercrosslive wouldn't post the winners on their social media? I know I'm not...
Considering yesterdays race wasn't aired on tv til 9pm cst wouldn't you think supercrosslive wouldn't post the winners on their social media? I know I'm not the only one who was bummed to accidentally pull up instagram and have the 450 main spoiled for me... Like are they trying to make people not watch?!
Im gonig to go at this a different way. Yeah, it sucks when you see spoilers, but go into radio silence until you watch it. Now that we have that out of the way, I think your main point is a "black out" issue. In other words, broadcasters want as many eyes on the product for advertising leverage dollars. The mere fact of publishing results before the program airs, is contradicitory to that philosophy. I know, results were going to get out from other avenues that they can't control. But, what they can control is not releasing the results from their end to at least reduce some cannibalism. The more info the audience has, the less likely they are to tune in.

I wondered the same thing yesterday when they still had the live stream in real time. I know, the live stream is intended for those outside North America. However, in the real world, we all know people will go out of their way to watch it when able to. I watched the live stream and didnt watch the broadcast, where their advertisers were paying to be. I thought they would run the stream and the airing at the same time to help eliminate losing as many eyeballs as possible. But, shows you how much I know or how much they need to learn.

Post a reply to: Supercross asking for low TV ratings?

The Latest