Supercross, again???

Related:
Create New Tag

11/21/2017 10:42 PM

|

11/21/2017 10:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/21/2017 10:50 PM

My first guess was you just signed up today.

Much ty.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

11/21/2017 11:11 PM

kzizok wrote:

My first guess was you just signed up today.

Much ty.

I just read the article and it was truly badass! It's all about the love for two wheels and I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for the share bulletfast.

|

11/22/2017 12:08 AM

Well worth a read thanks for sharing

|

Braaaaaaaap!!

11/22/2017 2:37 AM

“To me, watching Supercross on TV is like trying on your sister’s underwear and pretending that it never happened when you get caught doing it.”

Supercross on TV = commercial funding while off road will always be the red-headed stepchild with a snotty nose and a shitty payout, even for the top guns. I swear there’s a typo on the cardboard checks offroad riders are asked to hold up. No one with a 3rd place check for $350 is ever really smiling—it’s not rocket science.”

|

11/22/2017 2:39 AM

I'll take the bait.

What absolute crap. Long, meandering sentences lamenting the loss of riders being dickheads. I'm glad the sport isn't a bunch of misfits with aspirations of anarchy anymore. That shit gets boring real fast. And I'd think less of Eli if he picked up a monster girl and tried to eat her out on the podium. Don't see the funny side of assault.

I do agree with the "motocross is a family sport"/monster girls in leather bikinis bullshit though. Little Jimmy can aspire to win races, but dearest Molly? Well her role models are objectification and sexual assault on the podium.

As an aside, I've said it before and I'll say it again: people rail against "political correctness" like it's a parasite on the back of your personal freedom. It's not. It's just not being a dick to people.

InB4: Yes I'm fun at parties - the trick is to go to the right parties.

|

11/22/2017 5:57 AM

Bosco wrote:

I'll take the bait.

What absolute crap. Long, meandering sentences lamenting the loss of riders being dickheads. I'm glad the sport isn't a bunch of misfits with aspirations of anarchy anymore. That shit gets boring real fast. And I'd think less of Eli if he picked up a monster girl and tried to eat her out on the podium. Don't see the funny side of assault.

I do agree with the "motocross is a family sport"/monster girls in leather bikinis bullshit though. Little Jimmy can aspire to win races, but dearest Molly? Well her role models are objectification and sexual assault on the podium.

As an aside, I've said it before and I'll say it again: people rail against "political correctness" like it's a parasite on the back of your personal freedom. It's not. It's just not being a dick to people.

This forum needs a like button for responses like this.

|

11/22/2017 8:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/22/2017 8:56 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

“To me, watching Supercross on TV is like trying on your sister’s underwear and pretending that it never happened when you get caught doing it.”

Supercross on TV = commercial funding while off road will always be the red-headed stepchild with a snotty nose and a shitty payout, even for the top guns. I swear there’s a typo on the cardboard checks offroad riders are asked to hold up. No one with a 3rd place check for $350 is ever really smiling—it’s not rocket science.”

That "commercial funding" is what helps grow our sport and build awareness for a fun-family centered activity. Stop being selfish and thinking that motorcycles are JUST FOR YOU to enjoy!!!

Offroad is not spectator friendly but it doesn't need to be. More guys ride offroad than MX and definitely more than SX. Not because it's on TV but because they enjoy it and it's accessible.

They don't need the spoils of an attention seeking Kardashian polluted society. They just want to ride.

One-kook's opinion isn't the voice for an entire community. He's just the loudest and most annoying.

I'm with Bosco on this one.

|

11/22/2017 8:52 AM

Bosco wrote:

I'll take the bait.

Agreed... Dude sounds like he's been talking to Harvey Weinstein too much.

|

11/22/2017 10:09 AM

Bosco wrote:

I'll take the bait.

The only thing I don't like about your response is about the objectification and sexual assault while on the podium. That does not happen. And if a woman wants to go out there in skimpy clothes and make money while doing it why the hell can't she? She has the right to choose what she wants to do. Just like dearest Molly. If dearest Molly wants to become a monster energy girl when she's an adult then she has every right to aspire to do that.

If dearest Molly wants to win races then she needs to put in a ridiculous amount of work and become a professional. Even then it may never happen.

|

11/22/2017 10:23 AM

I get the intent, but that wasn't 'zactly Super Hunky-caliber.

I also remember when Jerry Bernardo was doing Supercross interviews on TV, asked Mike LaRocco a mildly racy question that was met with crickets for a reply.

|

11/22/2017 10:49 AM

He's scared of thinking people and women. Take that "power" back, asshole. Beer, pussy, cigs, and motorboating all laid out for the poor, sad male ego. Maybe he should ride in the woods until he sees we're all the same and no one cares about his outdated "opinions".

|

11/22/2017 10:55 AM

Even if i dont agree with everything he said, he still made some valid points. Sx is boring. I dont remember the last live one i watched. DVR that shit and fast forward through the interviews and unless its close ill fast forward the mains. Although he was a total idiot jason lawrence made watching moto amusing. Dont give me the its bad for the sport BS ether. Every sport has its bad examples. Football players beating girlfriends/wives. Basketball players cheating or overdosing on cocaine. Tiger woods banging a hooker. We dont watch highspeed chases on tv cause its a respectable act. We watch cause we want to see that idiot wrap himself around a pole doing 110mph. Never forget the dude that stole a tank.

|

11/22/2017 10:59 AM

My god, that article was brutal... was like a get off my lawn, im more hardcore than you article.

corporatism sucks along with the political correctness.. But Supercross is the hybrid with the most access.. (thus coporate entities, will be drawn to it)

you're not going to get VP's, SVP's to fucking hike around a hare-hound race, out in the middle of butt fuck kentucky to prove their core. (Thats even if they know what one is)

being core is cool and all, but you have to drop that core shit to move forward or become stagnant, and im not saying sell out.. its a fine line.

5-pager

|

"Life is Too Short To Last Long"

11/22/2017 11:04 AM

dirtmike86 wrote:

Even if i dont agree with everything he said, he still made some valid points. Sx is boring. I dont remember the last live one i watched. DVR that shit and fast forward through the interviews and unless its close ill fast forward the mains. Although he was a total idiot jason lawrence made watching moto amusing. Dont give me the its bad for the sport BS ether. Every sport has its bad examples. Football players beating girlfriends/wives. Basketball players cheating or overdosing on cocaine. Tiger woods banging a hooker. We dont watch highspeed chases on tv cause its a respectable act. We watch cause we want to see that idiot wrap himself around a pole doing 110mph. Never forget the dude that stole a tank.

Us Humans at our core are extremely drawn to Drama... myself included.

Racing is without a doubt boring without their being a conflict of some sort.
sports in general get boring when you remove the emotional aspect.

|

"Life is Too Short To Last Long"

11/22/2017 2:20 PM

How big of a deal would this be in 2017?Photo

|

11/22/2017 2:42 PM

folks would freak and jump off a bridge.

|

victim

11/22/2017 2:49 PM

chuck317 wrote:

folks would freak and jump off a bridge.

I think they wound just protest at a historical bridge site. Loot the gift shop. Burn it down. Then leave. And the 4 that get arrested will cry discrimination in the name of being politically correct.

|

GP740
Since 1987

11/22/2017 3:16 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

So what does it mean if I like Sx as much as I like Mx.? I like Sx on TV bcus I can turn down th volume rite b4 th gate drops and not hear th a$$hole screaming and screaming and screaming while th columns of fire are launching. I like watching tight turns that spin on a dime and watching guys undercut each other. I like watching a track with a heavy focus on whoops. I likw watching bikes that launch into a landing that immediately becomes th launch of the next sky high tripe/quad.

Why can't I like watching Sx on TV without being clueless about th Mx that I see when I drive into the hills of Pennsylvania or into Redbud screams of lower Michigan.? Who is saying that I need to choose.?

|

11/22/2017 4:52 PM

I don't care what anyone says, that dude just hit it out of the park with that article. I'm sick of the corporate BS everyone seems to eat up in their desperate hopes of "growing the sport". I hate to break it to you but "growing the sport" doesn't do crap for me when I'm out at the track in 100+ degree weather or stuck down in a rocky nightmare cursing life, only to miraculously find a way through and push myself to a new limit. That's what riding is about, not rattling off sponsors, promo hoes, and media training. Riding is about the dude who shows up in his pickup to do battle on the weekend after working all week and barely getting his bike together in time to go race, not multi million dollar rigs parked around a stadium. And that's what he's getting at, the soul of riding is about being who you want to be and riding how you want to ride, not changing who you are just to meet others expectations.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

11/22/2017 7:22 PM

I read on past my better judgement. That was something else.

|

11/22/2017 7:47 PM

I know I'm in the minority here but, I for one, prefer motorcross to supercross.

Just seems to have retained its purity.

I'm a single track guy so I especially appreciated this:
"Riding in the forest instantly forces you to leave any excess mental baggage back in the van and do best to not to elbow an oak tree at speed"

|

2019 KTM 350 XCF
Single Track Warrior

11/23/2017 6:44 AM

JM485 wrote:

I don't care what anyone says, that dude just hit it out of the park with that article. I'm sick of the corporate BS everyone seems to eat up in their desperate hopes of "growing the sport". I hate to break it to you but "growing the sport" doesn't do crap for me when I'm out at the track in 100+ degree weather or stuck down in a rocky nightmare cursing life, only to miraculously find a way through and push myself to a new limit. That's what riding is about, not rattling off sponsors, promo hoes, and media training. Riding is about the dude who shows up in his pickup to do battle on the weekend after working all week and barely getting his bike together in time to go race, not multi million dollar rigs parked around a stadium. And that's what he's getting at, the soul of riding is about being who you want to be and riding how you want to ride, not changing who you are just to meet others expectations.

"I hate to break it to you but "growing the sport" doesn't do crap for me when"...... it actually doesn't matter how you finish that sentence bcuz it might be true that you don't care about growing the sport, but growing the sport most certainly DOES do crap for you, even if you're unwilling to see it. If your sport doesn't grow with new blood, eventually the day comes when you hear of the first track in your area that is closing. The day comes when a huge piece of property is sold and the new owner has no exposure to or feeling about Mx. His insurance company urges him to put up Keep Out signs and limit liability.

"That's what riding is about, not rattling off sponsors, promo hoes, and media training."
Riding is about being rich enough to buy your own land and make your own track OR become a part of something in your area that has grown large enough to support the tracks and trails to ride on.

"the soul of riding is about being who you want to be and riding how you want to ride, not changing who you are just to meet others expectations."
When I watch Sx, I'm watching bcuz I want to watch. I don't care about expectations. But I also realize that somebody in charge needs to have growing the sport in mind or the whole thing will eventually come to an end.

|

11/23/2017 8:16 AM

JM485 wrote:

skiz wrote:

"I hate to break it to you but "growing the sport" doesn't do crap for me when"...... it actually doesn't matter how you finish that sentence bcuz it might be true that you don't care about growing the sport, but growing the sport most certainly DOES do crap for you, even if you're unwilling to see it. If your sport doesn't grow with new blood, eventually the day comes when you hear of the first track in your area that is closing. The day comes when a huge piece of property is sold and the new owner has no exposure to or feeling about Mx. His insurance company urges him to put up Keep Out signs and limit liability.

"That's what riding is about, not rattling off sponsors, promo hoes, and media training."
Riding is about being rich enough to buy your own land and make your own track OR become a part of something in your area that has grown large enough to support the tracks and trails to ride on.

"the soul of riding is about being who you want to be and riding how you want to ride, not changing who you are just to meet others expectations."
When I watch Sx, I'm watching bcuz I want to watch. I don't care about expectations. But I also realize that somebody in charge needs to have growing the sport in mind or the whole thing will eventually come to an end.

I think we might have different definitions of what growth is and how it's achieved. When I say "grow the sport", it's a little bit of a backhand to the same tired line used over and over around here to the point of nausium. I'm not at all convinced that dumbed down supercross broadcasts and robot podium interviews are putting butts on seats, or that it's what's scaring people from putting their butt on a seat for the first time. Truth is, we can argue it until everyone here is blue in the face, and it's not going to change anything, the best way to keep it going is ride your bike and buy parts when you break stuff!laughing

As far as the no trespassing and keep out signs, that's been a reality my entire life, so I have no personal comparison to days when everyone wasn't a dick. I definitely don't think riding is about becoming rich though, that's what a job is for. Riding, at least for me, is a way to have fun with friends, challenge myself, maybe race every now and then, and have a damn good time doing it before I go earn more money during the week to do it all again. Sure, I'd love to own a good chunk of property and build my own track, who wouldn't? But I'm not really seeing the connection between being able to buy property and the joy I find flying through the air or dodging rocks. Some of the best riding days can be had in a flat sand pit with some good riding buddies, it doesn't take brand new machines or 20 acres of land for that, and that's what's it's all about as far as I'm concerned.

I think we just have two different viewpoints my friend, you do you and I'll do me, and in the end we're both riding because that's just what we do! I'm more concerned about my local area, you're more concerned about things on a national level, just two ways of viewing the same thing.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

11/23/2017 8:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/23/2017 8:41 AM

I got into riding from watching supercross as a kid. 15 years and a ton of money later I'm more passionate about the sport then ever. I hope the tv side of things continue to pull in a younger generation because our industry is dying at a alarming pace and I'm sorry single track isn't going to save it. Complain about energy drinks and their promo models all you want but look around at every series and every team rig, it is almost single handedly keeping the sport afloat and if not for them during the recession who knows where would be.

Side note, I find it hilarious if you think Molly's exposure to monster girls is a issue... She already sent a bunch of nudes to the guy she likes in school before she was ever exposed to Juliana Daniels belly button ring.

|

11/23/2017 10:16 AM

Is the sport growing or declining? Seems all I keep reading is about 'growing the sport' at the top level while the grass roots is shrinking...not very sustainable.

|

11/23/2017 11:21 AM

Jerry, you were on to something with...

"The soul, for those of you who want to know, is found when you’re hanging on for dear life on the back of a living breathing machine of death, bouncing from tree to tree, clicking up another gear even though you know it just might get you killed. You’ll go punch the clock on Monday morning and while the rest of the mules are mumbling about some ball game or what ass-wipe got kicked off the latest reality show last night, you’ll sit there quietly smiling, knowing that you’re actually alive. Those ribs that feel broken only serve to make you smile harder.”

Then you truly went HST & down the path of The World is Turning to SHIT...which would be your own rewrite of The Kentucky Derby Is Decadent and Depraved. So, we get it...you're a Hunter S Thompson fan.

Dude, I love ya, always have...but...let's not assign words or thoughts to the character or "persona" of Danny...or...Kurt. Those guys were living examples of "how to" & they didn't get caught up in this quagmire of shit nor did they have time for this implied "Us-n-Them" bull-shit that too many people love to embrace.

Dude, things have changed. We get it...so did you when you nailed the answer that's necessary to retain your sanity...

"Frank and I continued to lock horns on the topic and agreed that the best course of action was to ride more often. Escape the madness, kill your television, spell the WIFI password wrong on purpose and get your numb ass outside. Once you swing a leg over an enduro bike and point it off to the edges you suddenly begin to hear the silence. I am not suggesting anyone tune out the snotty bark of a Fatty pipe kicking the shit out of your brain. Riding in the forest instantly forces you to leave any excess mental baggage back in the van and do best to not to elbow an oak tree at speed."

You then go back into the dark world of the negative...and come back into the light with beautiful phrase...
"That’s fucking punk rock, and that is what is missing from this sport."

Now, some of the stuff you're reminiscing about BEFORE you drum up the good'ol "punk rock" phrase sounds like too much of the aforementioned "The World is Turning to SHIT" stuff all over, again. But, you did pull that shinny gem outta the bag...we DO need to stop worrying about every little thing and be more punk rock like we did when we were kids...
We just need to live a little.
We need to love what we're doing and who we're hanging with.
We need to turn up the music.

Funny, I'm a bit of a hypocrite on the matter: I start off saying how I agree with how you say the regular folks talking about lame ass football on Monday "don't get it". Here I am paying into this "Us-n-Them" stupidity when what I should be doing is...

Taking THEM riding.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

11/24/2017 7:34 AM

I don't get all the complaining about the "corporate" stuff. Brain Deegan, Mike Metzger and others rebelled against this in the 90's and went on to capitalize from it with the freestyle movement. The same stuff that is being bitched about now was being bitched about in the 90's but sooo many people now miss 90's moto. 15 years from now people will be bitching about the same shit and reflect back on how awesome the 201?'s was, back when real men rode bikes that actually burned fuel.

|

11/24/2017 7:38 AM

And as for "back in my day these guys were sponsored by Camel and Budweiser and that was awesome". With all the public knowledge and countless families that have experienced the plague that is cancer, you would have to be nothing short of a fucking retard to want your "little Johnny" looking up to someone plastered in Camel or Marlboro logos.

|

11/24/2017 7:53 AM

Photo
|