Supercross Viewership & Attendance Growing

Edited Date/Time 3/12/2018 2:12pm
I found an interesting article about Supercross viewership. Apparently, the televised series is becoming more popular all around the world. Maybe athletes will get a raise soon?

https://www.malakye.com/news/10368/monster-energy-supercross-experience…
|
Spudinki25
3/12/2018 3:40pm
It will take years of consistent growth and more bike sales and participation in the sport before riders will get a raise. At the end of the day the teams pay the riders and if the manufacturer isnt doing good neither will the riders.
3/12/2018 4:00pm
Spudinki25 wrote:
It will take years of consistent growth and more bike sales and participation in the sport before riders will get a raise. At the end of...
It will take years of consistent growth and more bike sales and participation in the sport before riders will get a raise. At the end of the day the teams pay the riders and if the manufacturer isnt doing good neither will the riders.
I went in to get a new bike two weeks ago and the salesman told me that dirt bike sales have been steadily increasing. Especially, KTM's. And I've noticed that all of the local race series have been drawing in more competitors. I honestly think that the sport is becoming more popular. But who really knows?
RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
3/12/2018 4:01pm
Spudinki25 wrote:
It will take years of consistent growth and more bike sales and participation in the sport before riders will get a raise. At the end of...
Bike sales and participation aren't critical to riders getting paid more. Most of the major sports' money is based on TV revenue.

The trick is getting Feld to kick down any revenue increase from TV viewership to the riders.

The Shop

3/12/2018 4:04pm
Spudinki25 wrote:
RichieW13 wrote:
Bike sales and participation aren't critical to riders getting paid more. Most of the major sports' money is based on TV revenue. The trick is getting...
Bike sales and participation aren't critical to riders getting paid more. Most of the major sports' money is based on TV revenue.

The trick is getting Feld to kick down any revenue increase from TV viewership to the riders.
Exactly. Totally agree.
Motodave15
3/12/2018 4:11pm
"The 2018 Supercross season introduced major format changes that redefined the sport for the first time in over two decades, including an all-new points system, the elimination of Semi qualifiers and the announcement of the Monster Energy Supercross Triple Crown, a three-city showdown to add an exciting twist, greater total race time and more star time in front of the fans"

- This was taken from the article... before you get happy about the growth... execs could take a line like this and get the triple crown to grow.

Im happy its growing but with more eyes comes more scrutiny, could our sport handle it? I mean we have riders shunning people from magazines over questions lol

Post a reply to: Supercross Viewership & Attendance Growing

The Latest