Supercross Video Pass

RandyRotta
Apologies if this has already been discussed, but I didn't see it anywhere.

So, looks like Supercross will have an on demand service like outdoors had, or maybe they're bringing it back? Either way, $130 seems steep, but maybe I'm wrong? What do you all think?

Link: https://youtu.be/Rnt1WZPBN4M
|
8/31/2017 11:41pm
I believe they had it this year but it wasn't available to a bunch of different countries. And $130 is way too much IMO. Unless they can bring it down to about half that I definitely won't be buying it.
moto9
9/1/2017 12:00am
Agreed, $130.00 is too much, outdoors was what $60.00 on NBC gold....sx should be priced the same.
Especially since you can usually pick it up the next day some where on the net for free.
9/1/2017 4:57am Edited Date/Time 9/1/2017 4:58am
Let's talk this through . Buy a Cable plan just to watch SX (which I do ) 3 months would be 130.00 a month for 3 months = 390.00 or I cut back to 30.00 a month and buy the SX plan with HD (fs2 is not hd or wasnt ) for 130.00 the entire season plus the 90.00 Sound like a plan to me . And it's live
9/1/2017 5:29am
Let's talk this through . Buy a Cable plan just to watch SX (which I do ) 3 months would be 130.00 a month for 3...
Let's talk this through . Buy a Cable plan just to watch SX (which I do ) 3 months would be 130.00 a month for 3 months = 390.00 or I cut back to 30.00 a month and buy the SX plan with HD (fs2 is not hd or wasnt ) for 130.00 the entire season plus the 90.00 Sound like a plan to me . And it's live
Playstation network has the it and it $30 a month. Plus you get regular tv and can watch on your phone.

The Shop

mx_phreek
Fantasy
230th
9/1/2017 6:28am
Was 50 bucks for gold app this time. And I'll be buying again next year too. Now sx was $100 this year and I skipped it cause I thought it was a bit much, plus I wanted see how quantity was after the monster cup trial was horrible quality. I was gonna go with it this year but it's gone up to 130 for 17 races of 3h live coverage when I got 12 races of outdoors with 4h live coverage for 50 bucks.
RandyRotta
9/1/2017 7:02am
Agreed, $130 is fairly expensive. Last season, I had a SlingTV subscription for $25 a month I think, which also gave my other channels. However, you have to watch the motos live with this, so that's a little annoying.

The reason I loved NBC SG was for the on demand streaming, the ability to pause, or fast forward through parts before the moto start if I wanted.

I'm still on the fence for SX pass.
Motodave15
9/1/2017 10:21am
.................waste of money

if you have a cable login, you can log into the fox sports go app and stream it for free...why on earth would i pay 130$.... when im already paying for cable and internet.. what is the added advantage, of having this service?

I would say it would be worth it, if i can see all practices and bonus pit stuff that is not broadcasted on the regular tv show.... like that intermission period between day practice and the night show, and they do new interviews with riders and show mechanics getting the bikes ready, fixing whats broke. and then also the night broadcast you get all the racing + interviews of top 5 + pit reports on privateers + live post race conference footage +interviews with asteriks mobile medical unit with updates on riders who got hurt.

If and only if i get all that, will i pay 130$
Xeno
9/1/2017 10:25am
RandyRotta wrote:
Agreed, $130 is fairly expensive. Last season, I had a SlingTV subscription for $25 a month I think, which also gave my other channels. However, you...
Agreed, $130 is fairly expensive. Last season, I had a SlingTV subscription for $25 a month I think, which also gave my other channels. However, you have to watch the motos live with this, so that's a little annoying.

The reason I loved NBC SG was for the on demand streaming, the ability to pause, or fast forward through parts before the moto start if I wanted.

Get YouTube TV. It has Fox, FS1, FS2- so you get all the SX races live and you can set them to record and watch them later. $35 a month.
It also has CBS Sports Network, so I've been watching MXGP, too.
MX45
9/1/2017 11:29am
This video pass is intended for international audiences OUTSIDE of the US and Canada who do not get live broadcasts via FOX Sports. This offer IS NOT available in the US and Canada.
matze
Fantasy
3097th
9/1/2017 11:38am
RandyRotta wrote:
Agreed, $130 is fairly expensive. Last season, I had a SlingTV subscription for $25 a month I think, which also gave my other channels. However, you...

Xeno wrote:
Get YouTube TV. It has Fox, FS1, FS2- so you get all the SX races live and you can set them to record and watch them...
Get YouTube TV. It has Fox, FS1, FS2- so you get all the SX races live and you can set them to record and watch them later. $35 a month.
It also has CBS Sports Network, so I've been watching MXGP, too.
This is pretty damn expensive too. (if you only get it to watch supercross) I mean supercross is for 5 months, 5 x 35 = 175 dollars.. Thats huge
DPW
9/1/2017 11:44am Edited Date/Time 9/1/2017 11:48am
Playstation network has the it and it $30 a month. Plus you get regular tv and can watch on your phone.
that's my plan this year just canceled my overpriced TV package. No contract with PlayStation VUE either, which is nice.

HULU has the same deal also and FS1 and FS2
DPW
9/1/2017 11:55am
RandyRotta wrote:
Apologies if this has already been discussed, but I didn't see it anywhere. So, looks like Supercross will have an on demand service like outdoors had...
Apologies if this has already been discussed, but I didn't see it anywhere.

So, looks like Supercross will have an on demand service like outdoors had, or maybe they're bringing it back? Either way, $130 seems steep, but maybe I'm wrong? What do you all think?

Link: https://youtu.be/Rnt1WZPBN4M
wow and we rioted over $50 for outdoors, which I thought was fair price....but $130...

https://youtu.be/ig4jbcU9db0
Xeno
9/1/2017 12:08pm
I had Playstation Vue in the past, but after I couldn't watch a couple of live races due to "streaming issues", I dumped Vue in favor of YouTube TV. The YouTube service is better quality and more channels.
9/1/2017 12:27pm
DPW wrote:
that's my plan this year just canceled my overpriced TV package. No contract with PlayStation VUE either, which is nice. HULU has the same deal also...
that's my plan this year just canceled my overpriced TV package. No contract with PlayStation VUE either, which is nice.

HULU has the same deal also and FS1 and FS2
Hulu has FS1 and FS2?
mx_phreek
Fantasy
230th
9/1/2017 12:30pm
I'm wondering do i bothering going for it, I've got a fox sports go login to use, I used this year but it was a pain at times with the geo location not showing content and it just stopping randomly and i missed some of the racing because of issues with it. I said to myself at end of SX i was just gonna bite the bullet and pay for it cause the frustration was real at times and i got petty mad lol.
Guess i've just talked myself into buying it lol.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
9/1/2017 12:35pm
Damn it. Outside of America you really have no other choice than buy it.
I'd have no problem to pay 130$ if it worked like mxgp-tv. But I've had so many problems last year, it was ridiculous
mx_phreek
Fantasy
230th
9/1/2017 1:01pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Damn it. Outside of America you really have no other choice than buy it. I'd have no problem to pay 130$ if it worked like mxgp-tv...
Damn it. Outside of America you really have no other choice than buy it.
I'd have no problem to pay 130$ if it worked like mxgp-tv. But I've had so many problems last year, it was ridiculous
You bought the SX package? I didn't get it after I saw the reviews of the monster cup stream that was terrible from all accounts. How did it work for you and what was your internet speed?. Just trying decide if it's worth the money.
mha1406
9/1/2017 1:10pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2017 1:12pm
I have Roku and use the dailymotion app.. you can stream any race on demand usually within a couple hours of the actual event. The roku streaming stick was like $30 or $40 but the daily motion app is free and you can find just about any televised event on it.
Katoomey
9/1/2017 1:45pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2017 1:49pm
Motodave15 wrote:
.................waste of money if you have a cable login, you can log into the fox sports go app and stream it for free...why on earth would...
.................waste of money

if you have a cable login, you can log into the fox sports go app and stream it for free...why on earth would i pay 130$.... when im already paying for cable and internet.. what is the added advantage, of having this service?

I would say it would be worth it, if i can see all practices and bonus pit stuff that is not broadcasted on the regular tv show.... like that intermission period between day practice and the night show, and they do new interviews with riders and show mechanics getting the bikes ready, fixing whats broke. and then also the night broadcast you get all the racing + interviews of top 5 + pit reports on privateers + live post race conference footage +interviews with asteriks mobile medical unit with updates on riders who got hurt.

If and only if i get all that, will i pay 130$
i know this might come as a shock to you, but not everything in the world was made just for you. In fact, some things are made specifically for others.. crazy...I know.
Motofinne
9/1/2017 1:55pm
130 bucks is fine.

MXGP-TV is around that price too(110% worth it).

The problem with this years SX stream coverage was that it didn't work almost 50% of the time and it was impossible to get a refund, it was a joke. I will wait and see reviews from the first 2 rounds and decide if im going to buy it after that.
DPW
9/1/2017 2:10pm
hey USA guys you saw this right?

"This video pass is intended for international audiences OUTSIDE of the US and Canada who do not get live broadcasts via FOX Sports. This offer IS NOT available in the US and Canada."

I know there are ways around that, but just wanted to point it out
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2033rd
12/23/2018 5:37am
I know im re upping an old thread but trying to get my cable vs streaming package in order.

Is it true that Race Day live will be behind a paywall to get it live?

Im in Australia and it looks like we are getting it on ESPN2 but to add sports and HD to my plan will be more than the pass and if it doesnt get Race Day Live it seems im better off streaming. On that has anyone tried the streaming service on a PS4? Its kind of my media box to my TV

Post a reply to: Supercross Video Pass

The Latest