Supercross TV Ratings and Attendance Up

Related:
Create New Tag

4/21/2017 10:57 AM

According to Feld, it's been a good year for the indoor/stadium side of the sport.

http://motocrosspress.blogspot.com/2017/04/fueled-by-historically-close-points.html

|

4/21/2017 11:02 AM

Now up the purse wink

|

4/21/2017 11:04 AM

And give us all of the races LIVE!

|

4/21/2017 11:07 AM

MX Guy wrote:

Now up the purse wink

No way! It is costing them more to print all those extra tickets!

|

4/21/2017 11:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2017 11:16 AM

Starcrossed wrote:

Ironically, this is partly why TV Ratings are up. They strategically selected the time slots to follow higher rated shows.

|

4/21/2017 11:18 AM

Starcrossed wrote:

tprice07 wrote:

Ironically, this is partly why TV Ratings are up. They strategically selected the time slots to follow higher rated shows.

If they can improve on this technique next year, and continue 10-20% growth numbers. I see some big attention coming to the sport.

This year they also hired a media coach for all the riders and I think it's working

|

4/21/2017 11:26 AM

... strange how that happens when you have a close points chase come the end of the season.

|

4/21/2017 11:31 AM

One of the most exciting races of the year immediately followed a NASCAR race that came down to the wire. Anybody who hung around for that SX broadcast couldn't have avoided becoming a fan over nite.
I would be curios to see the ratings for each event, to see if the delayed broadcasts did as well. I sure hope not.

|

4/21/2017 11:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2017 11:35 AM

Starcrossed wrote:

tprice07 wrote:

I think it's more like they strategically decided to show UFC live, which currently has a larger television following. The SX events were shown immediately following, whether it was one or three hours delayed. There are only so many Saturday nights every week.lol

|

4/21/2017 11:36 AM

Now give us commercial free streaming over an internet app. Happy to pay for it. They are missing out big time on this. Conservatively if say 10k people signed up at $75 for the year that's $750k in revenue being captured for little extra effort.

|

4/21/2017 11:55 AM

TXDirt wrote:

Now give us commercial free streaming over an internet app. Happy to pay for it. They are missing out big time on this. ...more

Yea but Fox has a contract for the Tv rights in Canada and the US..

Luckily you states guys can watch on the fox sports app

|

4/21/2017 11:58 AM

paging Weege

|

4/21/2017 11:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2017 11:59 AM

I don't care..i watch the races religiously...im upset when I have to wait and watch on sunday.

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

4/21/2017 12:17 PM

sadly the only increase we are likely to see is ticket prices double.

|

4/21/2017 12:22 PM

tprice07 wrote:

more to do with the increase than you may think

|

4/21/2017 12:32 PM

Its because the points are close. No other reason.

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

4/21/2017 12:37 PM

dsmith wrote:

I don't care..i watch the races religiously...im upset when I have to wait and watch on sunday.

When have you been forced to watch on Sunday?

|

4/21/2017 1:06 PM

TXDirt wrote:

Now give us commercial free streaming over an internet app. Happy to pay for it. They are missing out big time on this. ...more

I am currently bottling 100% certified Rocky Mountain Colorado air. I am selling them for the low price of $12. How many can I count you in for? A case of 6 for $100 perhaps?

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

4/21/2017 1:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2017 1:10 PM

Starcrossed wrote:

tprice07 wrote:

I agree. Originally I gave full credit but edited as to not get flamed by people wanting to say it was purely based on a close championship.

Sure that contributes but new viewers have no clue. If hey change the format so it is 2 or 3 10 min mains that should help to maintain new viewers.

Short attention spans are what is killing growth in sports like NASCAR and unfortunately motocross. The core fan will watch/listen to everything related to the sport.

|

4/21/2017 1:12 PM

Newman will be along shortly to crap on Feld, ama, and all things feld. Even in the light of positivity.

|

4/21/2017 1:19 PM

dsmith wrote:

early wrote:

When have you been forced to watch on Sunday?

when im forced to watch dateline or some crap...that's rare though

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

4/21/2017 4:18 PM

TXDirt wrote:

I wonder what 10,000 viewers would add or subtract value wise to advertisers if they left and paid for the no commercials?

|

4/21/2017 5:27 PM

TXDirt wrote:

gt80rider wrote:

I am currently bottling 100% certified Rocky Mountain Colorado air. I am selling them for the low price of $12. How many can I ...more

I'll take 5 bottles. A case is just too expensive!
Trying to pull one over on me eh? cool

|

4/21/2017 6:09 PM

Frank Ricard wrote:

Newman will be along shortly to crap on Feld, ama, and all things feld. Even in the light of positivity.

Het TROLL BOY, can you be any more obvious? What sort of mental illness must you have to keep returning here and making your TROLLISM so obvious?

|

4/21/2017 6:30 PM

it all goes back to the new viewer being aware that the blue bike is a Yamaha.red is Honda etc. otherwise, they would just flip the channel. thx frowhistling

in all honesty. they have been doing a lot better with naming team sponsors and not dumbing it down soooo much.

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.

4/21/2017 9:40 PM

Does anyone still think we need the chase format? I hope not.

|

4/21/2017 10:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2017 10:54 PM

Higher TV ratings means higher prices they can charge advertisers for TV spots. That means a commercial free, pay stream is even less of a possibility. In other words, the amount of momey they would get for a "pay to watch" stream, would be negligible compared to higher TV advertising prices. Not only that, I bet they would actually use not having a stream as a selling point. More eyes seeing their product by reducing cannibalism.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!