Supercross Solo

trexx
2/21/2020 8:07pm
Went to a concert solo one time. It was the best concert I’ve ever been to hands down
Couldn’t agree more with this... don’t have to worry about anyone else having a good time
Fourth_Floor
2/21/2020 8:24pm
I would have zero issue going to a race solo. I'd rather do that than go with a group of people, honestly. If you're in the pits checking out the teams or getting something signed, just try to look cool. (attached pic for reference). Imagine holding that pose while Eli signs your poster hahahaha

2/21/2020 8:44pm
Best decision I ever made was to go to a Metallica concert by myself. No one else to worry about, no girlfriend to drag along, just me. It fucking rocked. I was front row and it was probably the best event I’ve ever been too.

It’s better to go by yourself than dragging someone who is only “kinda” interested in moto. They ask too many questions and for the most part you spend the night explaining the ins and outs instead of enjoying the race. Just my .2
Bennett
2/21/2020 9:42pm
Go for it, it's great. Drove from Sioux Falls to Minneapolis alone to see Pantera at the Target Center in 1995. Lost a shoe in the pit, had a blast, nothing to worry about except myself and the music! Stopped at a Walmart on the way home, walked in with one shoe, bought a new pair, continued on. With nobody else to worry about, meet up with, slow you down, change your plan, or change your mind, you can actually enjoy the event. It's fun to go with friends also, but don't be scared to go alone.

The Shop

dirtdog36
2/22/2020 4:49am
Back in the day went solo to a super moto race when it swung through Nashville had a blast... takes a few minutes to settle in but then you are all good
Harv379
Fantasy
1988th
2/22/2020 9:23am
Why wouldn't you? A fear of embarrassment/getting shamed or a worry of feeling lonely? I did a solo 12 day adv moto trip, and do solo stuff all the time. It's not always easy (or smart) but I think it helps me be mentally stronger, have more self belief, and have more fun cus I activity more often. It's all a balance though, too much alone time and you start feeling a bit off and somethings as we know are just best when shared. I remember lying down in my tent one night thinking... Wow I don't think I've spoken once today. On those days it's easy to get stuck in your head, but also, sometimes on those days you feel most alive because you let go of yourself and are at one with your surroundings especially in new areas where there's no program running in the mind. Also, when you put yourself out there and are alone, you realize how much friendlier people are you appreciate everyone, not just friends or those you know and don't feel so alone after all.
Roorda085
2/22/2020 10:59am
300exc wrote:
What you risk is never wanting to go with other people again.
I went solo to Arlington last year due to some friends not being able to attend last minute.... this year I wanted to go solo!
Xracer
2/22/2020 11:07am
I went to Red Bud solo for a few years before my Son got old enough to go with me. My Moto friends get a little caught up in the “Red Buuud” of it all and I like to actually move around and watch the race but more importantly, remember the race (something that rarely happened in the 90’s). I really enjoyed those solo years though, and you always end up meeting people to BS with anyhow.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
2/22/2020 11:25am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2020 11:26am
GuyB wrote:
That depends. Do you like yourself? If so, you’ll be just fine.
system wrote:
Enough that I might buy myself a beer or two Wink
brocster wrote:
Just Solo’d a couple weeks ago at SD, was quite refreshing.
Wish I could have made that race, I woulda met up. Or sat alone a row away from you Grinning

OP- DO it!
BobbyM
2/22/2020 11:36am
system wrote:
I'll be in Atlanta next weekend for work and have Saturday evening free. Is it weird for me to go to SX by myself?
Yer a weirdo period. Attention seeking at this level requires intervention. Seek help.
Badd127
Fantasy
2195th
2/22/2020 12:01pm
Some of my favourite times have been going solo! Iv never been to a race by myself though. Silly
murray88
Fantasy
2136th
2/22/2020 3:17pm
Was solo at St. Louis this year after kids and GF bailed going back to hotel. it wasn’t bad, kinda peaceful and was able to focus lol
aeffertz
2/22/2020 3:24pm
BobbyM wrote:
Yer a weirdo period. Attention seeking at this level requires intervention. Seek help.
Now that’s a hot take.

I think it’s pretty normal to feel weird about attending social events and the like by yourself, even though there isn’t anything weird about it. Would you feel weird about going to the movie theatre by yourself? Going to a restaurant? Going to a theme park? I think everyone has a different level where they’ll feel out of place if they’re by themselves.

It’s funny because I think you’re a weirdo for coming to that conclusion and reacting so strangely to an innocent question.
2/22/2020 3:33pm
system wrote:
I'll be in Atlanta next weekend for work and have Saturday evening free. Is it weird for me to go to SX by myself?
BobbyM wrote:
BobbyM with the usual moronic BobbyM take

system
2/29/2020 7:09pm
I went to Atlanta tonight and it was awesome. Ended up around a bunch of families and their kids were super into it, which was cool. Benz stadium is pretty damn nice, too. Oh, and that 450 main was sick. I had a good time and now I feel bad for my family...they may have seen their last live supercross last week.

Post a reply to: Supercross Solo

The Latest