Supercross Season Update (Vegas and Salt Lake City)

Related:
Create New Tag

3/25/2020 10:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/25/2020 10:48 AM

PR...

The 2020 Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, is now scheduled to complete rounds 11-17 later this year. The race locations and dates have not been finalized.

The following Supercross events have now been canceled due to this change. Event ticket refund information can be located on the venue or ticketing website:
• April 25 in Las Vegas, NV at Sam Boyd Stadium
*Includes Sunday Supercross Futures Cancellation
• May 2 in Salt Lake City, UT at Rice-Eccles Stadium
*Includes Sunday Supercross Futures Cancellation

We value you as a fan and appreciate your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time, we look forward to dropping the gate again soon. Continue to visit SupercrossLive.com for real-time updates.
|

3/25/2020 10:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/25/2020 10:33 AM

Sweet.... as long as the virus mess/economy doesn't go nuclear, we're going to get an actual TITLE. None of this "hand Tomac the plate" garbage. (wouldnt' want to see anyone get handed the plate after an aborted season).

|

3/25/2020 10:36 AM

I'm wondering when they would work the dates in... After the outdoors, rolling straight into the '21 season? Is this the year where we don't actually have an off-season? Is this the offseason? So many questions!

|

3/25/2020 10:43 AM

If your Tomac or Roczen how do you handle this? Race outdoors and risk getting hurt for a much smaller cheque, or stay healthy and race SX only this year, where the big $ is.... Thanks Feld......

|

3/25/2020 10:45 AM

It should have been made a 20 round AMA MX/SX championship... 10 SX in the books.. Run 10 nationals and declare one champion....

|

3/25/2020 10:46 AM

mh226 wrote:

If your Tomac or Roczen how do you handle this? Race outdoors and risk getting hurt for a much smaller cheque, or stay healthy and race SX only this year, where the big $ is.... Thanks Feld......

I agree. What happens when you get hurt in the outdoors and now can’t finish super cross. That’s double shit show.

|

2015 YZ250F

3/25/2020 10:49 AM

mh226 wrote:

Hotwhls wrote:

I agree. What happens when you get hurt in the outdoors and now can’t finish super cross. That’s double shit show.

You can get hurt practicing...

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

3/25/2020 10:50 AM

mh226 wrote:

Hotwhls wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

you can also back it down on the practice track, which those guys wont do when a gate drops outdoors.....

|

3/25/2020 11:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/25/2020 11:06 AM

mh226 wrote:

Hotwhls wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

You're right.

Racing racing 22 outdoor motos before finishing at least 5 more round of Supercross isn't going to add any additional injury risk for the top riders that are still in the championship hunt.

|

Race Bike: 2018 KTM 350SXF

Other Bikes: 1985 CR80R, 1990 CR250R, 1998 PW80, Giant Stance 2.

Sold: 2016 YZ250F, 2012 CRF250R

3/25/2020 11:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/25/2020 11:16 AM

There is no perfect solution. This is unprecedented in modern sport, so every league, series etc is trying to figure it out and a the same time it is almost impossible with the moving goalposts of when things might "open up".

On the injury side, guys in SX title contention can get hurt over the Easter Break in a normal season. Guys who could challenge for the outdoor title get hurt in SX.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

3/25/2020 11:19 AM

c0ncEpT wrote:

You're right.

Racing racing 22 outdoor motos before finishing at least 5 more round of Supercross isn't going to add any additional injury risk for the top riders that are still in the championship hunt.

When did motocross become such filled with pussies? You line up and the gate drops. That’s what being a racer is. Fear of getting injured is for people who fail.

|

3/25/2020 11:20 AM

The only thing I wonder about with this scenario is how many riders will "layup" during the outdoors once out of title contention to prepare for and stay injury free for Supercross.

|

3/25/2020 11:36 AM

mh226 wrote:

I dont think we see Tomac go "Beast Mode" to get 4 in a row Outdoors. I believe we see a dark horse get his first 450 title.

|

3/25/2020 11:42 AM

mh226 wrote:

Hotwhls wrote:

You seem like you'd bitch no matter what they did. This is a once in a lifetime (hopefully) situation. You work with what you got.

|

3/25/2020 11:51 AM

Constant complaining..... y’all will never be happy.

|

Go Hawks!

3/25/2020 11:51 AM

mh226 wrote:

pretty sure Kawi will want him to race MX considering his contract covers both.

use your brains people.

|

3/25/2020 11:59 AM

mh226 wrote:

you can also back it down on the practice track, which those guys wont do when a gate drops outdoors.....

That doesn't always work.

|

3/25/2020 12:01 PM

mh226 wrote:

I don't think Feld had much to do with the virus.

What would you suggest they do? Personally, I'm particularly happy that the promoters are playing nice and not trying to stack events on top of each other's dates.

|

3/25/2020 12:22 PM

Unbelievable...

|

3/25/2020 12:22 PM

mh226 wrote:

It's not completely unprecedented. The Nationals and SX used to overlap. In 1990, for instance, the Supercross season ran through the end of June. During that time there were 4 nationals.

|

3/25/2020 12:24 PM

Indian_Dunes_4ever wrote:

Unbelievable...

Odd post for someone who seems to do an awful lot of whining around here.

|

3/25/2020 12:44 PM

They are trying to make the best of a bad situation, impossible to make everyone happy.

I'm just glad we will get some more racing.

|

3/25/2020 12:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/25/2020 3:54 PM

Awesome, great to see well done to all involved to get some more SX racing planned

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

3/25/2020 12:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/25/2020 12:59 PM

This is exactly why I downvoted any post/reply I ran across of “just give Tomac the tittle already”. Very good to hear they plan to get all the rounds in.

|

3/25/2020 1:24 PM

Been saying that for last couple weeks, that one way or another, they're going to get the races in, somewhere

|

3/25/2020 2:16 PM

I will believe it when it actually happens. Until then, I will retain only a glimmer of hope.

|

Ironman Texas, May 17th, 2014, I became an IRONMAN.

3/25/2020 2:24 PM

How it's works it the states?
The most races are in the off season from the american football league am I right?
Isn't the availability of the stadions a problem, and if the football seasons cannot start because of the virus their season will also last longer.

|

3/25/2020 3:30 PM

mh226 wrote:

Hotwhls wrote:

That’s what happened to Bradshaw in 92 when the series overlapped. Jacked his knee outdoors then was still hurt at in LA.

|

3/25/2020 5:29 PM

Its going to be wild, crazy and sooo many questions and variables....

What if a rider changes teams in between the MX and SX break or changes mid SX season?
What happens to the Des nations? we may be mid SX season when its on!
Do they run the East and West in the one night if they had to?
What if a riders contract is up mid SX season?

I cant wait, its going to be awesome!!!

|

Just an old ex racer who wasnt as fast or as cool as he thought he was!!!

3/25/2020 5:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/25/2020 9:02 PM

Squirrelings wrote:

When did motocross become such filled with pussies? You line up and the gate drops. That’s what being a racer is. Fear of getting injured is for people who fail.

Its ain't the riders that are complaining, its the jokers on vital that bitch about anything and everything. You know the ones that have never competed higher than the C class but will still claim that at the top level SX series they would have too much integrity to accept the title and money on a shortened season. I am not sure how they could ever make any claim like that because they have never been in any type of situation at a high level but they sure do tell everyone how the factory riders in the hunt should handle it. blush bunch of blowhard nancyboys

|

Ed Johnson