Supercross Rewind Chad Reed & Ricky Carmichael

Related:
Create New Tag

1/5/2019 4:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/5/2019 4:27 AM

Not a better way to start the long awaited day.
Classic Reedy and Carmichael battle!!!!!

|

1/5/2019 5:03 AM

That's some legendary shit right there. ?

|

1/5/2019 5:22 AM

SX at its best.

|

1/5/2019 7:49 AM

Luv the sound of the 2t's.. The whoops always seemed to be RC's kryptonite..

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

1/5/2019 8:16 AM

Oh yes that was awesome

|

1/5/2019 8:37 AM

Bubba and Reed with a hug at the end. You didn’t see that to often. Great race thx for posting.

|

1/5/2019 9:02 AM

There will never be a race as great as this one in my eyes. My buddy and I had a bet on the way to this race and talked shit to each other the whole way there and there was silence on the way home. I was a Reed fan and he was a Carmichael fan. The crowd stood for the entire race. My buddy passed away a few years later in an accident So I will never forget this race.

|

1/5/2019 9:19 AM

I sure miss the old two-stroke days. It's just not the same anymore. That was a hell of a race.

|

1/5/2019 12:05 PM

Yes, yes and YES!
That is why we all ride , we've all had days like that with our friends .
We weren't going quite as fast though! Lol

|

1/5/2019 12:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/5/2019 12:17 PM

RC struggled in the whoops on the Honda. Difference between him and marv is RC pinned it anyway and hoped for the best. GOAT

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

1/5/2019 12:32 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

RC struggled in the whoops on the Honda. Difference between him and marv is RC pinned it anyway and hoped for the best. GOAT

Not just on the Honda, but Kawi & Zuk as well. I was at the SX Las Vegas race in 99 & saw it live. His short stature obviously didn't help no matter how well the bikes suspensions were set up.

|

1/5/2019 1:32 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

H4L wrote:

Not just on the Honda, but Kawi & Zuk as well. I was at the SX Las Vegas race in 99 & saw it live. His short stature obviously didn't help no matter how well the bikes suspensions were set up.

Well I saw it live in 05 and he was good on the Suzuki so it seems we’re at an impass

|

1/5/2019 2:07 PM

I remember Cowboy Kenny splitting his bike in half directly in front of my face casing that triple before the turn under the bridge. Great Race

|

1/5/2019 3:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/5/2019 3:04 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Well I saw it live in 05 and he was good on the Suzuki so it seems we’re at an impass

RC himself talked about working on the sx whoops as it one of his only weakness that I remember.

?t=1945
|

1/5/2019 3:35 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

H4L wrote:

He was bad in 99-00 and was pretty damn good in the whoops in 2001 and then sucked on them his whole career with Honda as he tried to make the geometry of his CRs match his KX which gave him the low rider stance and of course hitting them at times in 2nd instead of 4th didn’t help. From 05 on he was pretty good again just not compared to Reed and espically Bubba.

|

1/5/2019 3:41 PM

Love the handlebar position on the Honda.

|

1/5/2019 3:42 PM

Been lots of talk about how fast the current group of rookies are. Can't imagine any of them doing what Reed did here is his rookie year- winning more races than the GOAT.

|

1/5/2019 5:30 PM

Park Boys wrote:

He was bad in 99-00 and was pretty damn good in the whoops in 2001 and then sucked on them his whole career with Honda as he tried to make the geometry of his CRs match his KX which gave him the low rider stance and of course hitting them at times in 2nd instead of 4th didn’t help. From 05 on he was pretty good again just not compared to Reed and espically Bubba.

He worked on the sx whoops & did get better towards the end of his career, but it didn't have to do with any certain bike manufacturer.
As with most vertically challenged riders with short legs the whoops will pose a difficult task...

|

1/5/2019 6:00 PM

H4L wrote:

Park Boys wrote:

H4L wrote:

He worked on the sx whoops & did get better towards the end of his career, but it didn't have to do with any certain bike manufacturer.
As with most vertically challenged riders with short legs the whoops will pose a difficult task...

James Stewart is short

|

1/5/2019 7:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2019 9:30 AM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

James Stewart is short

As with MOST vertically challenged..

My thoughts are RC had to work harder at it vs. JS that was more naturally talented. RC also made similar statements in regards to JS's riding ability.

?t=422

Enjoy A1...
|

1/6/2019 2:42 AM

Park Boys wrote:

H4L wrote:

Johnny Ringo wrote:

James Stewart is short

Reed is not exactly tall either and is arguably one of the best through the whoops ever.

|

1/6/2019 2:54 AM

Camduhman212 wrote:

I remember Cowboy Kenny splitting his bike in half directly in front of my face casing that triple before the turn under the bridge. Great Race

You mean Ping, right? David Pingree is the one that made his KTM 125 a pair of unicycles!

|

"It sure is fun to have fun!"

1/12/2019 9:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2019 9:43 AM

Camduhman212 wrote:

USMCMXer wrote:

You mean Ping, right? David Pingree is the one that made his KTM 125 a pair of unicycles!

It was Cowboy kenny at this same 2003 SX race in Dallas TX. Can't remember if Ping did it as well on his KTM 125 at another race..

?t=1072
|

1/12/2019 12:40 PM

Camduhman212 wrote:

I remember in the daytime qualifiers, Kenny and Tyler Evans were 1st and 2nd. They spent the last lap doing tricks, it was cool to see FMX guys doing well in a race.

|