Supercross Observations

rallendude
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 3:21am
125 class
Great to see Canard and Davi get wins there. That Canard kid is for real. He showed it last year in the few nationals he made and Atlanta put him on the SX map. Not many can say they won their first ever SX race.

Villopoto looked like he could be aggressive and put a lot of speed down. He also looked like he was riding hurt. A little reserved at times and definitely didn't convince anyone from the interviews he gave that he was near 100%.

Grant is fast at SX as always. He and Canard will be a thorn for RV all year if they stay healthy and if RV comes up to speed.

Other lites of note, Kyle Partridge looked fast in practice. So did Bowers. Those guys are huge on those little bikes though.

250 class
Davi has been real fast lately. I don't think he'd have been able to get Reed without the big mistake but he looks like he's gaining confidence each week. It would be nice to see him continue to progress like Johnson, and Stanton did back in the day.

KW seemed on the pace with DM but got a bad start and spotted them about 30 to 50 yards in the first couple straights trying to get clear. You just can't make up 6 or 8 seconds running about the same pace.

If Ferry could buy starts he'd be a regular podium resident. The guy is fast and doesn't fade like a lot of the others do. He just takes too many laps to get warmed up.

Reed was fast as usual but he didn't like the track. I think he should quit worrying about everything and just go ride. He had that one in the bag until his face plant.

JOSH HILL. Man this kid is fun to watch. I was really disappointed in him when he came on the scene but once he got on the big bikes I guess they suit him better. He's always looked a little "thick" as P would say. He was first to hit a triple off a single to table in practice. He was throwing the bike around like a 250f all night. He got a bad start though like KW.

Preston needs to pay someone to let him into the fast practice/qualifying session. He's still got more talent than half the field in the SX class. He just got tangled up with the spodes on the track.

Team DNA's red and "flesh" gear looks like it was used in a mud race and never washed. The factory Hondas were a different color than the other hondas. Like the old flo green Kawi days.

RC's still by far Suzuki's fastest rider. Too bad he's racing cars.
|
2/25/2008 2:26pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 6:15pm
[quote="Rallendude":2ro763ex]

Preston needs to pay someone to let him into the fast practice/qualifying session. He's still got more talent than half the field in the SX class. He just got tangled up with the spodes on the track.

.[/quote:2ro763ex]
I might be wrong, but Im pretty sure Presto would be in the fast practice if he gets in the top 10. Playing with Sorby isnt the way to get there.

Post a reply to: Supercross Observations

The Latest