Supercross Monster Energy Cup and RV

Lefty Right
10/17/2013 7:56pm
DavidR wrote:
So you're comparing the risk you take racing at your local track on the weekend as a hobbie for a piece of plastic to the same...
So you're comparing the risk you take racing at your local track on the weekend as a hobbie for a piece of plastic to the same risk RV and other professionals take each weekend for their job? You can't be serious. If you wad up over that 30 foot table and break your leg more than likely you can still go to work and sit in your cubicle on Monday with your leg casted and get your paycheck on Friday.
What? Do really think if he got hurt he'd not still get a paycheck??:huh: If Ryans gets hurt racing he was hurt at work so he...
What? Do really think if he got hurt he'd not still get a paycheck??Huh

If Ryans gets hurt racing he was hurt at work so he still will be paid by his employer:Whistling
DavidR wrote:
Not his entire salary. I believe JT$ touched on this topic on RacerX. He said something along the lines that salary goes down the more races...
Not his entire salary. I believe JT$ touched on this topic on RacerX. He said something along the lines that salary goes down the more races that are missed. Employers don't like their riders sitting at home on the couch. Perhaps he'll see this and re-state his comment in what happens when a rider is injured & starts missing races. Not to mention lost win bonuses & championship bonuses. Can't collect those sitting at home.
You , I or Jt don't know what it say's in his contract about if injured what he'll be payedWhistling

He will still get a nice pay check either way,,,
Brent
10/17/2013 9:53pm
IF he can manage all three moto wins and collect the dough, isnt the tax rate somewhere around 45 percent?

So,RV is racing for somewhere around 550K, or roughly 180 grand per moto win, which is about what he wins in bonus money per national overall from what i have been told.

Im not inclined to believe he is racing this event solely for the prize money, more than likely it's a condition of his Kawasaki contract which is probably much more of a sizable number.

Last time he took the 20 year payout option for the million at roughly 50 k per year,, so needing cash on hand doesn't appear to be an issue for Ryan.

The Shop

Post a reply to: Supercross Monster Energy Cup and RV

The Latest