Supercross Monster Energy Cup and RV

Related:
Create New Tag

10/16/2013 3:46 PM

davistld01 wrote:

I totally get that Monster wants their número uno rider at MEC. I totally get that money is the main motivation for riders in ...more

Jt$ wrote:

All of those "riders from all over the world" don't have the same obligations as RV, nor do any of the European riders have ...more

Ok...point(s) taken, Jason. You and Semics have first hand knowledge of what pressures & pullings there are on a rider at RV's level, and I sure as heck don't. I just wish RV would step up and just say it for what it is instead of leaving us to speculate.

|

10/16/2013 3:51 PM

davistld01 wrote:

Ok...point(s) taken, Jason. You and Semics have first hand knowledge of what pressures & pullings there are on a rider at ...more

Welcome to moto haha.. Nothing is ever said by riders about most subjects until years later when there are no consequences.

|

10/16/2013 3:53 PM

RV's livelihood is racing motocross and supercross. Period. And as awesome as it would have been to see him racing up there with the worlds best at the MXDN let's keep in mind that he had ankle surgery roughly 5 weeks prior to the race! Granted the purse on the MEC is far greater (in terms of money) than MXDN but its also adds an additional 3 weeks of recovery time for him. With the dominating performance he had this year I highly doubt he was as comfortable "sitting it out" as you all are making it seem, I'd like to believe the dude would have loved the opportunity to prove himself the best in the world.

I know I can't speak on behalf of RV or the rest of you but I would find myself hard pressed to put the monetary stability of my family, and my career, on an optional race that will happen again next year 5 weeks out from surgery.

… not to mention the weight all of his sponsors played in this decision.

|

10/16/2013 3:57 PM

You guys really think Monster wants a non monster athlete winning their million bucks?

|

10/16/2013 4:02 PM

Maybe he didn't even have surgery, and just didn't want to take a long ass flight to a foreign county to a race that pays $0? Either way, he's a big boy and can make his own decisions! Why do most of you guys care so much? Makes no sense to me!

|

10/16/2013 4:03 PM

DavidR wrote:

Kawasaki pays him to win SX and MX races / titles. That's his job, that's how he earns his income and how he provides for his ...more

yak651 wrote:

Any of us that line up each weekend to race, if we are honest enough, are putting our careers and earning potential at risk to ...more

DavidR wrote:

So you're comparing the risk you take racing at your local track on the weekend as a hobbie for a piece of plastic to the same ...more

What? Do really think if he got hurt he'd not still get a paycheck??wassat

If Ryans gets hurt racing he was hurt at work so he still will be paid by his employer:whistling

|

10/16/2013 4:22 PM

I don't blame RV for not going, it wasn't long ago when many riders didn't want to go. Those guys get tired of their jobs just like everyone else, and especially the traveling. Also with the MXoN they can go and try their best, then be criticized by fans if they have a bad moto or even settle for a safe result rather than push the limits trying to win. The guy has gone and won for USA before, nothing wrong with him not wanting to go every year, if that's the case.

|

10/16/2013 4:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/16/2013 4:57 PM

yak651 wrote:

Any of us that line up each weekend to race, if we are honest enough, are putting our careers and earning potential at risk to ...more

DavidR wrote:

So you're comparing the risk you take racing at your local track on the weekend as a hobbie for a piece of plastic to the same ...more

Lefty Right wrote:

If Ryans gets hurt racing he was hurt at work so he ...more

Not his entire salary. I believe JT$ touched on this topic on RacerX. He said something along the lines that salary goes down the more races that are missed. Employers don't like their riders sitting at home on the couch. Perhaps he'll see this and re-state his comment in what happens when a rider is injured & starts missing races. Not to mention lost win bonuses & championship bonuses. Can't collect those sitting at home.

|

10/16/2013 5:34 PM

mohammed wrote:

RV or no RV...maybe same outcome. Wake up and realize the euros are just as fast in motocross. Ask barcia, decotis, lieber ...more

Titan1 wrote:

Pffft...you don't think RV could have finished at least three positions better than Barcia that third moto (after being down ...more

Lol well said sirlaughing laughing yea RV would've most likely won both of his motos & the US still winssmile

|

10/16/2013 6:03 PM

Lefty Right wrote:

He's not an employee. He's an independent contractor.

|

10/16/2013 6:22 PM

davistld01 wrote:

I totally get that Monster wants their número uno rider at MEC. I totally get that money is the main motivation for riders in ...more

Choppy wrote:

How many times had he sacrificed and won a race that very few people outside this niche sport even knows about?

If you need a ...more

Choppy is correct. I'm sure RV2 wouldn't mind having an extra million bucks, and I'm sure monster and kawasaki probably pressured RV into racing the Monster Energy Cup, but the biggest reason for RV getting his surgery EARLIER rather than LATER, is the chance of complications and the possibility of needing another surgery or more rehab time than his Dr. originally thought. RV has already raced multiple mxdns and won, and now you guys are accusing him of putting more priority on $20 rather than his country. C'mon. Get over yourselves. What if RV raced the mxdn then had the surgery, and something happened and he needed another surgery or a few extra months of rehab? Than we don't have our defending 3 times sx champ. He made the smart move. I'm sure if he's healthy, he'll repeat as both the mx/sx champ, then go on and win both of his motos at the mxdn leading USA to another win, and then maybe all you crybaby's can stop your whining.

|

10/16/2013 6:26 PM

DavidR wrote:

Lefty Right wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:

If you think that You're a dumb ass......w00t

|

10/16/2013 6:44 PM

Only read the first post and kind of skimmed through the first page.

I hope Semics regrets he posted that. He is an icon in the early days of MX. I don't think he really meant that.

As I get older, I learn from my screwups and hopefully get wiser. I always can use more learning.

Please put this in the dungeon.

|

10/16/2013 6:52 PM

Semics is a grown man, he typed what he felt. That's why its an open forum.probably does not need anybody defending him

|

10/16/2013 7:20 PM

RV is a crying bitch, red neck and an animal killer. I really enjoyed the moment when Trey Canard put him into that pole! Amen!

|

Born in Prague,living in LA,so if you don't like my spelling,blow me!

21 CRF450R
16 Yamaha YXZ 1000R
17 Yamaha MT-10 FZ-10 165 Hp RWP
06 CRF450X street legal supermoto
96 CR250R smoker
2012 CR500AF
2003 KLX110 mod

10/16/2013 7:35 PM

xr70 wrote:

RV is a crying bitch, red neck and an animal killer. I really enjoyed the moment when Trey Canard put him into that pole! ...more

Photo
|

10/16/2013 9:47 PM

xr70 wrote:

RV is a crying bitch, red neck and an animal killer. I really enjoyed the moment when Trey Canard put him into that pole! ...more

Yeah.....pretty much the fastest man on a dirt bike and probably the most gnarly dude we've seen in this sport since RC......yeah , he's a crying bitch. Pfft!....HA! LMFAO!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

10/16/2013 11:19 PM

ga_pike wrote: Photo

Too bad it isn't one million cash on the spot...

|

10/16/2013 11:45 PM

davistld01 wrote:

Choppy wrote:

How many times had he sacrificed and won a race that very few people outside this niche sport even knows about?

If you need a ...more

surfer22 wrote:

Choppy is correct. I'm sure RV2 wouldn't mind having an extra million bucks, and I'm sure monster and kawasaki probably ...more

There's been plenty of crybabys moaning about losing the MXdN because he wasn't there,all throwing Dungey under the bus for no reason,he was easy faster than Barcia afterall

Missing the biggest race on the planet by far is one thing but he was only having the metalwork removed,not put in because of a break or something major,and pictures show he was on the practice track 2 WEEKS later

That said,he could easily of done MEC and had the operation AFTER,especially if he was being pressured by Monster to do the race,the MXdN and MEC ore both Monster events afterall,he never wanted to do it,maybe it got in the way of his hunting??

Lake Elsinore - August 24
SX practice - September 6

Photo

Photo

|

10/16/2013 11:53 PM

DavidR wrote:

Lefty Right wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:

For the ama...not Kawasaki I believe.

|

10/17/2013 3:47 AM

DavidR wrote:

Lefty Right wrote:

DavidR wrote:

Not his entire salary. I believe JT$ touched on this topic on RacerX. He said something along the lines that salary goes down ...more

He'd have scored big by Monster for doing the MXdN,it's down on the fixture list and huge for Monster at the end of the day,and where does factory Kawasaki stand in this too? (and other sponsors)I'm pretty sure they'd have loved him in Europe flying their flag,Cairoli got a chunk from Redbull I'll bet

Just as easy getting hurt on a practice track,as many top guys,Roczen last year comes to mind,those 30 foot tables are still there to be cleared

|

10/17/2013 4:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/17/2013 4:47 AM

MtnBoy wrote:

He woulda taken the $$ and he's lying if he says otherwise!

The spam link at the bottom of the post says loud and clear what ...more

I'm not in the know at all so this is just my opinion. I believe RV has a bit more say in the decision than you're giving him credit for. If Monster or Kawi didn't like his decision, what leverage do they have? Theyn're NOT going to fire the guy that has won everything lately. . . And I don't feel patriotically betrayed at all. . . Maybe it's because I don't base my opinions on winning as much as I do on how our guys represent Americans as a whole while they're in foreign countries.

|

10/17/2013 5:25 AM

yosmithy wrote:

Just curious, Gary. If you were in the same position, what would you have done?

We need a professional illustration with whores and everything.

|

10/17/2013 8:12 AM

More power to RV for doing what he does, and I would have done the same thing if in his shoes. Maybe the reality is he would rather win the $1M than winning the MXdN trophy. Everyone always says you never know when your last day might be in this biz and the window for success is small/short. Could it be as RV gets another year older that financial gain trumps all else? I would have loved to see him race the des nations as much as anyone, but I don't blame him at all for putting career decisions first.

|

10/17/2013 8:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/17/2013 8:31 AM

xr70 wrote:

the last few years must have been tough for you huh? eat another dick, bro

|

10/17/2013 9:23 AM

xr70 wrote:

Wow, we often don't get to see a lot of tough-guy/vegetarian/sophisticate types on Vital. This was a treat!

|

10/17/2013 9:23 AM

TripleDigit wrote:

There's been plenty of crybabys moaning about losing the MXdN because he wasn't there,all throwing Dungey under the bus for no ...more

... this photo was actually uploaded September 27th, not the 6th. So, 5 weeks after surgery, not 2.

|

10/17/2013 9:29 AM

surfer22 wrote:

Choppy is correct. I'm sure RV2 wouldn't mind having an extra million bucks, and I'm sure monster and kawasaki probably ...more

TripleDigit wrote:

There's been plenty of crybabys moaning about losing the MXdN because he wasn't there,all throwing Dungey under the bus for no ...more

akillerwombat wrote:

... this photo was actually uploaded September 27th, not the 6th. So, 5 weeks after surgery, not 2.

awwwwww C'mon man! Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story!

|

"I think you're pretty slow, everyone else on here knew that for years."

10/17/2013 9:31 AM

xr70 wrote:

[LINK TO IMAGE]
|

10/17/2013 3:34 PM

TripleDigit wrote:

akillerwombat wrote:

Regis wrote:

awwwwww C'mon man! Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story!

Yep,sorry my bad,the odd way the date's written got me,5 weeks after surgery,at least somebody's watchingsmile

Anyhow my point is after the MEC and after surgery he'd have 10 weeks until A1 which should be more than ample,that,'s IF he rides well this weekend

His choice,and perogitive,just don't get some whining about the MXdN and Dungey,and how good RV would've been etc,when in other words they're insinuating the MXdN was lost because RV wan't there-go figure?!?

|