Supercross Broadcast - It's gone too far

nickm
3/19/2021 5:59pm Edited Date/Time 3/19/2021 6:01pm
I find it interesting how I just paid $100 for the MotoGP stream for the year and I feel like I got a bargain, and I feel like I'm an appreciated customer. When I pay the same $100 for SX and I feel like I'm a burden they have to deal with because the show is being made not for "core" who they suspect will watch anything, but for those who are apparently not fans.

Guess which one of the two is more successful in attracting new fans.
CPR
3/19/2021 6:04pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Way too thoughtful & well reasoned
Sorry about that 😂
3/19/2021 6:10pm
Just watch the riders racing on the track and ignore the commentators.
This is exactly the comments I'm talking about. ALL I WANT TO DO is just watch the race, but it's almost unwatchable now. It's not just...
This is exactly the comments I'm talking about. ALL I WANT TO DO is just watch the race, but it's almost unwatchable now. It's not just the commentating but the entire broadcast (camera work, segments, etc.). Why should we just accept that it will be a shit show? Why should we have to "ignore the commentators"? It's inexcusable.
DonM wrote:
So how do you suggest it gets fixed?
It’s easy to complain but without any sustainable ideas or solutions it’s just bitching...
Start by getting a new producer and director. Worked on plenty of live TV crews and this is really where it all starts. The decisions made during the broadcast are horrible.
Alex814
3/19/2021 7:33pm
I feel like the broadcast was better back in 2014. Rotating guests in the booth like KW and MC was great and the show just seemed less gimmicky. Also being on peacock is not ideal but I still enjoy watching.

Now Race Day live on the other hand. I used to watch the entire show every race. The last couple years, especially now with Jim gone, it's unbearable outside of the 250A or 450A being on track.

The Shop

cable
3/19/2021 8:12pm
I quit listening once david bailey left.
prozach
3/19/2021 8:35pm Edited Date/Time 3/19/2021 8:37pm
Honestly, I don't think the heats should be live. Condense the show down. Still show the heats in full, but time the delayed broadcast to fit nicely with live mains. Less down time, same amount of racing. Just my 2 cents.
zippytech
3/19/2021 8:46pm
I skip all the shit right to the race, after that ,just show the race i know enough I don't need them..
str8line
3/19/2021 9:36pm
Glad you asked, cause it's actually extremely simple. We all already know the answers. Butledge was a horrendous step backwards, send him back to his gaming...
Glad you asked, cause it's actually extremely simple. We all already know the answers.

Butledge was a horrendous step backwards, send him back to his gaming chair.
Token female (or male) sideline reporters, gone.
Nascar or any other sport reference, gone.
Show the whole race, and talk ONLY about the race, ever.
During down time, much more technical insight, team/bike information, etc. Stuff for the hardcore fan, cause that's what supports the sport. Irrelevant stories/segments about anything other than dirt bike racing, gone. And play nothing, EVER, during the race but the race.
New announcers ASAP. Ricky is just horrible.

This is just a quick easy start and, ironically, cuts costs and simplifies the show.
Good stuff. Based on how good he was in the booth at the Florida National let's hope when Kenny retires he wants Ricky's job. Diffey and Ken would be great. Or just hire Weege and Langston.
TannerMxer
3/19/2021 10:51pm
Just watch the riders racing on the track and ignore the commentators.
This is exactly the comments I'm talking about. ALL I WANT TO DO is just watch the race, but it's almost unwatchable now. It's not just...
This is exactly the comments I'm talking about. ALL I WANT TO DO is just watch the race, but it's almost unwatchable now. It's not just the commentating but the entire broadcast (camera work, segments, etc.). Why should we just accept that it will be a shit show? Why should we have to "ignore the commentators"? It's inexcusable.
Because supey doesn't bring in billions of dollars in revenue like stick and balls sports. All your complaining is literally over a money flow thing.

If sx had more viewers and more advertising dollars, it would get more cameras, more experienced and qualified production team, etc. etc. etc.

Moto is just too niche. Not enough eyeballs. We can tout all day long how it is the greatest, and it is for sure amazing, but it doesn't bring in enough money.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
3/19/2021 11:03pm
I am a long long time lurker and huge motocross fan. I generally despise social media so I have very few accounts and don't participate on...
I am a long long time lurker and huge motocross fan. I generally despise social media so I have very few accounts and don't participate on many forums. I finally just had to register and post here today.

Why? Because I just can't take it anymore. I usually look forward to every new Supercross with such anticipation. The production has been shit for a long long time but I have survived via fast forward, ignoring the commentary, etc. They have finally reached the point where it is almost entirely unbearable.

Spare me the "just be glad you can watch it" or "you think you can do better?" comments that I see here. They are all irrelevant. The show royally sucks and there are no valid excuses, none. They are ruining Supercross for me and thousands of other fans, and it's a tragedy.
I learnt to ignore all the bullshit and enjoy the good stuff. Why sweat the shit you have no control of?

Everyday I see / hear crap and if I let it get under my skin I'd be one miserable bastard.

3/22/2021 7:18am
What you seem to be saying is that your personal preferences are the determining factor for what is good broadcasting and what isn't. That's fine, but...
What you seem to be saying is that your personal preferences are the determining factor for what is good broadcasting and what isn't. That's fine, but until some real, workable solutions are put forward, I can defend my personal preferences over and against yours. The short term solution, at least for you, is to not watch. You've suggested a change needs to happen but not how.
There is good and bad broadcasting, has nothing to do with personal preference.
3/22/2021 7:25am
TannerMxer wrote:
Because supey doesn't bring in billions of dollars in revenue like stick and balls sports. All your complaining is literally over a money flow thing. If...
Because supey doesn't bring in billions of dollars in revenue like stick and balls sports. All your complaining is literally over a money flow thing.

If sx had more viewers and more advertising dollars, it would get more cameras, more experienced and qualified production team, etc. etc. etc.

Moto is just too niche. Not enough eyeballs. We can tout all day long how it is the greatest, and it is for sure amazing, but it doesn't bring in enough money.
This is just simply not true. The broadcast could be much better with the same or less amount of money. Supercross is a business and you see this type of thing all the time in the corporate world. Stagnation, cronyism, nepotism, etc. Eventually it becomes such a shit show it either can't be saved or someone has to come and clean house and revamp the entire structure.
3/22/2021 7:27am
Boomslang wrote:
I learnt to ignore all the bullshit and enjoy the good stuff. Why sweat the shit you have no control of? Everyday I see / hear...
I learnt to ignore all the bullshit and enjoy the good stuff. Why sweat the shit you have no control of?

Everyday I see / hear crap and if I let it get under my skin I'd be one miserable bastard.

I generally agree with this and it is how I live my life. It's just frustrating to see the sport accept mediocrity (or worse) and it's become generally hard for me to watch the broadcast. I just don't want to have to ignore almost of all of it, I would much rather like to enjoy it.
sclark309d
Fantasy
1944th
3/22/2021 7:35am
Dutch348 wrote:
It would be way better if they got rid of Ricky. He makes so many grammatical errors it’s ridiculous.
I think Ricky's grammar is a plus. My wife and I make it a drinking game, nd therefore we always have a good time!
Trickamoto
3/22/2021 7:38am Edited Date/Time 3/22/2021 7:41am
Camp332 wrote:
You mad Bro?
Why even take the time to post this shit? What's your next play? "Never heard of her"? Idiot.

On another note, That fence sitter RC sucks. For a guy that was so psyco on a bike, he's a total pussy in the booth. So boring. Give some strong opinions please. Brayton needs that job ASAP.
Motoxdoc
3/22/2021 8:06am
I am a long long time lurker and huge motocross fan. I generally despise social media so I have very few accounts and don't participate on...
I am a long long time lurker and huge motocross fan. I generally despise social media so I have very few accounts and don't participate on many forums. I finally just had to register and post here today.

Why? Because I just can't take it anymore. I usually look forward to every new Supercross with such anticipation. The production has been shit for a long long time but I have survived via fast forward, ignoring the commentary, etc. They have finally reached the point where it is almost entirely unbearable.

Spare me the "just be glad you can watch it" or "you think you can do better?" comments that I see here. They are all irrelevant. The show royally sucks and there are no valid excuses, none. They are ruining Supercross for me and thousands of other fans, and it's a tragedy.
A serious complaint....but wtf are you complaining about and how would you fix it? You don’t like the commentating? You don’t like the interviews? You don’t like the footage? You don’t like the tracks? The girls aren’t pretty enough? Not wearing bikini’s? Speaks with an accent? What are your suggestions to make SX “great again?” Which era was SX what you wanted it to be? Do you even race...or lift?Dry

Post a reply to: Supercross Broadcast - It's gone too far

The Latest