Supercross 2021

pilotdude
Just reporting what I was told. In a meeting with the teams yesterday the powers that be said if there are no fans, there will be no SX in 2021.
|
motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
9/22/2020 1:19pm
Some of the stadiums are letting a percentage of fans in currently for football. Does the whole stadium need to available for fans for them to hold a race?
LungButter
9/22/2020 1:24pm
motoxxx599 wrote:
Some of the stadiums are letting a percentage of fans in currently for football. Does the whole stadium need to available for fans for them to...
Some of the stadiums are letting a percentage of fans in currently for football. Does the whole stadium need to available for fans for them to hold a race?
Good question, SX rarelly sells out these days anyway so there should be some room to spread folks out if needed.
skeef
Fantasy
1421st
9/22/2020 1:39pm
6 teams had fans for the first two weeks, all were kept under 25% capacity, most stadiums seat 65,000. Jacksonville, Indy, KC, Dallas, Miami, and Cleveland. Hopefully they can continue to have fans for the potential support of SX. But out of those, Dallas and Indy are the only stadiums that hold or have held SX? I still don't think that 25% capacity is enough to support a race financially. If we had some big corporate sponsors step up then they could make it happen. I just don't see that happening.
BroFoSho
9/22/2020 1:43pm
skeef wrote:
6 teams had fans for the first two weeks, all were kept under 25% capacity, most stadiums seat 65,000. Jacksonville, Indy, KC, Dallas, Miami, and Cleveland...
6 teams had fans for the first two weeks, all were kept under 25% capacity, most stadiums seat 65,000. Jacksonville, Indy, KC, Dallas, Miami, and Cleveland. Hopefully they can continue to have fans for the potential support of SX. But out of those, Dallas and Indy are the only stadiums that hold or have held SX? I still don't think that 25% capacity is enough to support a race financially. If we had some big corporate sponsors step up then they could make it happen. I just don't see that happening.
If Feld tripled the ticket price, it might make sense to have races @ 25% capacity.

Might be a good litmus test to see how many diehard fans are out there that want to support the sport.

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
9/22/2020 1:45pm
I checked earlier today and was told a schedule is a couple weeks out.
tuttle425
9/22/2020 1:45pm
Based on the attendance I see at Supercross my guess is that if they can get 20k fans for each round that will be okay. That's going to severely limit the stadiums they can go to based on who is allowing fans. ML512 mentioned on Pulp last night don't be surprised to see double or triple headers and starting on the east coast.

IMO, you can kiss Supercross on the west coast goodbye for at least 2021 if not longer.
brett12486
9/22/2020 2:04pm
tuttle425 wrote:
Based on the attendance I see at Supercross my guess is that if they can get 20k fans for each round that will be okay. That's...
Based on the attendance I see at Supercross my guess is that if they can get 20k fans for each round that will be okay. That's going to severely limit the stadiums they can go to based on who is allowing fans. ML512 mentioned on Pulp last night don't be surprised to see double or triple headers and starting on the east coast.

IMO, you can kiss Supercross on the west coast goodbye for at least 2021 if not longer.
I mean does it really matter what stadiums they go to and or stay at for multiple races as long as the track layout is changed. Only see it being a problem if the area is too small might have trouble selling tickets to it for Multiple nights.
Meister
9/22/2020 4:29pm
I duno, but they better have some east coast supercross futures races. Half the reason I'm buying a new bike. Mark it off the bucket list.
9/22/2020 4:34pm
skeef wrote:
6 teams had fans for the first two weeks, all were kept under 25% capacity, most stadiums seat 65,000. Jacksonville, Indy, KC, Dallas, Miami, and Cleveland...
BroFoSho wrote:
If Feld tripled the ticket price, it might make sense to have races @ 25% capacity. Might be a good litmus test to see how many...
If Feld tripled the ticket price, it might make sense to have races @ 25% capacity.

Might be a good litmus test to see how many diehard fans are out there that want to support the sport.
Would make me more likely to go if the bros that like to get in fights are filtered out.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
9/22/2020 4:35pm
I'm guessing St Louis will be getting some love. Empty stadium, and concerts there have been rescheduled to April
kijen
9/22/2020 4:58pm
Put a race in jacksonville, we dont put many fans in a normal year, lol. For the 2 we ever hadSmile
kb228
9/22/2020 6:39pm
skeef wrote:
BroFoSho wrote:
If Feld tripled the ticket price, it might make sense to have races @ 25% capacity. Might be a good litmus test to see how many...

I would never pay 3x the price of a ticket. 1 decent seat is already $150. Screw that. I get better coverage on tv.
jridout12
9/22/2020 7:02pm
Meister wrote:
I duno, but they better have some east coast supercross futures races. Half the reason I'm buying a new bike. Mark it off the bucket list.
They mentioned on pulp last night that there will be futures at every round to try an offset the cost from less fan attendance
BS12
9/22/2020 7:20pm
Hard to set a schedule so far out giving the dynamic of everything happening, but surely they're looking around at what states are best situated to host fans, rather than a traditional schedule? Wonder what the travel itinerary will look like for teams based on venues available and at what times.
hamncheeze
9/23/2020 9:55pm
I think ML512 is probably on the right track on Pulp (Monday) with double and triple headers being held in states/stadiums that will allow a decent number of fans. I can potentially see no races on the west coast in 2021. Crazy.
MX304
Fantasy
3753rd
9/23/2020 10:28pm
hamncheeze wrote:
I think ML512 is probably on the right track on Pulp (Monday) with double and triple headers being held in states/stadiums that will allow a decent...
I think ML512 is probably on the right track on Pulp (Monday) with double and triple headers being held in states/stadiums that will allow a decent number of fans. I can potentially see no races on the west coast in 2021. Crazy.
With Futures held at all venues they end up racing.
RalphS
9/23/2020 10:56pm
hamncheeze wrote:
I think ML512 is probably on the right track on Pulp (Monday) with double and triple headers being held in states/stadiums that will allow a decent...
We don't mind driving to AZ or NV
9/24/2020 12:06am
skeef wrote:
BroFoSho wrote:

kb228 wrote:
I would never pay 3x the price of a ticket. 1 decent seat is already $150. Screw that. I get better coverage on tv.
Unless it's the same production crew as Millville.
9/24/2020 12:31am
I wouldn't worry about it. Things might just magically get better after the month of November.
NoonMoon
9/24/2020 1:57am
skeef wrote:
BroFoSho wrote:

kb228 wrote:
The point is it may not be on TV, or on at all if there are no ticket buying audiences.
cloud41
9/24/2020 4:52am
With all of the corruption and misinformation out there, I’m surprised there is still a fuss about covid... lets move on already.
mxracer816
Fantasy
2858th
9/24/2020 5:09am
I wouldn't worry about it. Things might just magically get better after the month of November.
Or way, way worse!
OT
Fantasy
3056th
9/24/2020 6:23am
On Pulp MX J Bone said mid October for a schedule
Question
9/24/2020 6:35am
I am sorry to be the one to say it, but unless you are an epidemiologist, please don't repeat misinformation about something like that. Some people may believe it, stop being careful, contaminate 20 people and end up in emergency. So far it is somewhat controlled because most of the people are careful. We are just at the beginning of autumn and parts of cities like Madrid are already looking down again, so things could go bad during the winter too.

I just hope it doesn't impact too much everyone, the economy, and sx ; I really hope it can run if we stay careful.
Motox627!
9/24/2020 7:01am
Question wrote:
I am sorry to be the one to say it, but unless you are an epidemiologist, please don't repeat misinformation about something like that. Some people...
I am sorry to be the one to say it, but unless you are an epidemiologist, please don't repeat misinformation about something like that. Some people may believe it, stop being careful, contaminate 20 people and end up in emergency. So far it is somewhat controlled because most of the people are careful. We are just at the beginning of autumn and parts of cities like Madrid are already looking down again, so things could go bad during the winter too.

I just hope it doesn't impact too much everyone, the economy, and sx ; I really hope it can run if we stay careful.
You ride dirt bikes?
petef930
9/24/2020 7:22am
Meister wrote:
I think I heard on pulp futures will be at each round to help out financially
9/24/2020 9:02am
Question wrote:
I am sorry to be the one to say it, but unless you are an epidemiologist, please don't repeat misinformation about something like that. Some people...

Im sorry to be the one to tell you, but I am an epidemiologist.
mxracer816
Fantasy
2858th
9/24/2020 9:19am
Question wrote:

I guess I should clarify....I think "things" may get worse, but Covid. Nah not worried about that in the slightest.

Post a reply to: Supercross 2021

The Latest