Sugo Japan racing thread

drenmaster
Fantasy
1413th
10/25/2015 3:13pm
I would have love to see the 250 World and US champs going at it and battling a full race. Judging by lap times, Jeremy looked...
I would have love to see the 250 World and US champs going at it and battling a full race. Judging by lap times, Jeremy looked to be faster. How was it from the side of the circuit ?
TG was flying the first moto and JM was playing catch up took him all race but he got 2nd. They only raced each other maybe 1 or 2 laps all day. My Japanese friends kept commenting on how fast JM was the 2nd moto.

TG took differnt lines than most people. If they raced head to head it would have been awesome but i think JM would have beat him by the end.

The TC and RF battle was crazy i am pretty sure thats all everyone paid attention too.

FGR01
Fantasy
1334th
10/25/2015 3:32pm
Exactly what Dren said. JM always "looks" faster because he has a more agressive style. Heavy throttle and touching the rev limiter. TG is very smooth and flowing in the corners.

10/25/2015 4:45pm
FGR01 wrote:
Exactly what Dren said. JM always "looks" faster because he has a more agressive style. Heavy throttle and touching the rev limiter. TG is very smooth...
Exactly what Dren said. JM always "looks" faster because he has a more agressive style. Heavy throttle and touching the rev limiter. TG is very smooth and flowing in the corners.

Tg is on the rev limiter more than most 250 riders from what I have seen...
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
10/25/2015 5:53pm
FGR01 wrote:
Exactly what Dren said. JM always "looks" faster because he has a more agressive style. Heavy throttle and touching the rev limiter. TG is very smooth...

This
he doesn't look like it when you see him on TV but he actually rides really agressive
Gonna be interesting to see how he does in Supercross

The Shop

kiwifan
10/25/2015 6:15pm
FGR01 wrote:

Great another Barcia type then
zehn
10/25/2015 6:21pm
FGR01 wrote:

kiwifan wrote:
Is that really a problem?
FGR01
Fantasy
1334th
10/25/2015 6:28pm
I watched in person yesterday. TG is smooth as silk compared to JM. I personally really like TG's style. It is how I try to ride. JM looks rough and ragged compared to TG.
kiwifan
10/25/2015 7:54pm Edited Date/Time 10/25/2015 7:55pm
kiwifan wrote:
zehn wrote:
Is that really a problem?
You interpret 'great' incorrectly dude...let me re-phrase it for you "awesome another Barcia type then"...does that help? Or do you still read it in a negative sense?
Bluelion
10/26/2015 4:50am Edited Date/Time 10/26/2015 4:51am
I pulled this off of a Japanese Magazine. It is the coverage of the Sugo motocross race this weekend in Japan. Incliding some interviews with riders. I translated it the best I can. Hope you can understand...Blink

Miyagi Prefecture is the season final round, which was held in the Sports Land SUGO of, and I thought whether was blessed with fine weather in the morning, strong winds swept through, then rain hung over the clouds, again and sunny ..., weather is rapidly changing on the day. Although the road surface is in a dry state and is maintained, foreign bias is a big success! Here, we tell you about of the rider who played in the tournament.

In [IA-1 Heat 1] After the start of the first moto.In the first corner of the multi-crash, Roman Fevre (# 461) is late start eventful. Tray canard top dispute (# 241) the Cooper Web (# 117) is shortly to start, Cooper is in front of canard early on. then to tip over at the beginning, it was keeping the difference between the canard to the last.

Trey Canard said. i ran this race last year, the course of SUGO is love. This race, to start was good, because the content was good, I am very satisfied. Japanese fans, to everyone very friendly I am happy. Surely, I think I think we were able to receive and enjoy the race.
I was off to a good start, it will crash at the beginning, it was a disappointing second place. Web players and Fevre players were very fast, but I think the heat 2 also want to do my best. Course is compareable to the United States also tight part, making it a good experience.
At the Start I was good, but ends up falling out you do not know well, and took time to recover. I was catching up as much as possible, the way there is also my mistake, i rode to the fullest. is good every time I run, I want to win in Heat 2!

[IA-1 Heat 2]
Tray canard (# 241) and Roman Fevre (# 117), but was left behind even the Cooper Web (# 117), match battle from the beginning. And engaged in a serious battle from the remaining two laps, canard is won. Kojima Yohei (# 44), Yoshitaka Atsuta (# 4) and a champion at one point!

Trey also said after moto 2. It made for a fun race, to be able to win, it was a very good day. Febvre both players and web players, we would like each other praise the good fight. Japanese fans are great. We also are grateful to the current HRC that gave me this opportunity. Of course, also I want to come back to Japan!

Romain Febvre said. the race to was a lot of fun, I was not able to win,and the gap is increased, but went become very difficult conditions. I think I was able to spend a very nice weekend. In addition, we expect that even the day that can run in front of you comes to next year!

Cooper Webb said. I had made a few mistakes, I was enjoyed the race, I think it was a good weekend. Course, if you have rough made full of gaps. it was to be very hard to run, but I think that it is a fun course. I also next year, I want to race to come back to Japan!

[IA-2 Heat 1] Start Tim Geyser (# 243) and Jeremy Martin (# 111) is crossed immediately after, Martin crashed. In addition, also fell Geyser in the second lap, Takeshi Katsuya (# 888) stood at the top with this. However, Geyser and Martin was ahead at a furious catch-up.

Tim Geyser said after the first moto. I was off a very good start, I'd have to take the hole shot, it will crash where it entered the second lap, I was a little impatience. But race was relieved I was able to win properly. We still have the next heat, I'll try it to win!

Jeremy Martin said after the first moto. I was it was off a good start, until the second corner Geyser players and line is I had a cross, and crashed. And I was immediately restarted, i was catching up but I made another mistake and fell down one more time. it was not possible to win as a result.
[IA-2 Heat 2]
Tim Geyser (# 243) to clear the first lap at the top also, large retreat with a fall in the second lap. Jeremy Martin stood on the top (# 111), gradually pulled away to win the second moto. Takeshi Katsuya (# 888). Geyser was the at the 5th position at the finish.
[/img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/10/26/109010/s1200_A30X5573_10…]

zehn
10/27/2015 6:55pm
FGR01 wrote:
Some highlight videos from Dirt Sports Japan. IA2 (250F): https://youtu.be/lYxSpTPkuVI IA1 (450F): https://youtu.be/HvTteo1N1SM
Some highlight videos from Dirt Sports Japan.

IA2 (250F):

https://youtu.be/lYxSpTPkuVI

IA1 (450F):

https://youtu.be/HvTteo1N1SM
Man, those are some old-school SX style whoops, tall and sharp
machine
10/27/2015 8:52pm
Damn..how the hell did Gsjer flip his bike like that. Anyone that says those dudes weren't racing hard, need their heads examined.
FGR01
Fantasy
1334th
10/27/2015 9:18pm
Yeah they were running hard, no doubt about it. The corner were TG went OTB had some gnarly deep ruts in it. It appeared he caught one at speed and stuffed his front tire in it. Coincidentally, it's the same corner Martin went down in the 1st moto and both ended up coming from way back as a result.
TMV
10/28/2015 5:14am
http://www.mxlarge.com/2015/10/26/romain-febvre-interview-sugo/

Mxlarge: How did you enjoy the weekend?

Febvre: It was good I had a lot of fun, just the riding the first moto wasn’t great. I crashed on the first corner and it wasn’t difficult to come back, but when I got into third they (Canard and Webb) were already gone and I had to accept third place. In the second moto I had a better start and I had a good battle with Canard and I was happy with my riding.

Mxlarge: Had you been to Japan before?

Febvre: It is my first time to Japan, it is a lot different to Europe and the food isn’t what I am used to and I don’t like sea food, so it wasn’t easy, but I still had fun. I think a lot of fans were cheering for us and that is important and after the race we did a lap and the crowd really liked it. I think it would be nice if we did that at the GPs, it would be nice for the fans.

Mxlarge: Another time to ride against Cooper Webb. How did that go this time around?

Febvre: It was good with Cooper, we had a good battle at the USGP and the MXoN. He won the first moto and I was ahead of him and it was good, he is a good ride and really fast, I hope to have more races with him next year and hope I win again.

Mxlarge: What do you think of the new MXGP calendar for 2016?

Febvre: I think the new calendar is tough, it’s long, but if we compare to US it is nothing. We have 19 races and on the 450 in US they have a lot more with Supercross and motocross combined. For sure we are going to start with five overseas and that will be difficult for the smaller teams with money. I don’t know if it is a good plan, but we will have nice races and a nice track, so I think it’s ok.

Mxlarge: You are closing down your season now. Obviously you have Bercy coming up, what else will you be doing this year?

Febvre: I am going to race in Bercy and that will be my last race this year. Already after Mettet and after Des Nations I got some rest. I didn’t ride so much and I didn’t train so much, because it is my rest time and we did some testing, but you don’t need to be 100% for testing.

Mxlarge: Considering that you looked fast in Sugo?

Febvre: Having a good battle with Trey and my moto’s were good, so my speed isn’t too bad. I was well prepared. We had a good battle in that second moto and some places he was fast and some places I was faster. I tried my best, I did some moves with two laps to go I passed him, but he passed me back and I wasn’t aggressive enough. I was a little disappointed with that, but it was just a fun race, it isn’t a championship and today (Monday) we did some more testing.

Post a reply to: Sugo Japan racing thread

The Latest