Subtitles Appear During Broadcast on NBC Sports Gold (Xbox One w/ Edge Browser)

moto348
Edited Date/Time 4/18/2019 1:33am
So the past couple weeks during the race broadcast after the "live show" ends (so I'm essentially playing catch up and skipping through the commercial breaks) and my stream using the browser (as noted - xbox one w/ edge browser) will either freeze or refresh on it's own unexpectedly. Then we're stuck watching with subtitles. Neither my TV nor Xbox subtitles are turned on (if I shrink the stream down from fulls screen the subtitles reduce in size so it is definitely related to NBC's video player) and frankly it's annoying as hell.
It's almost like NBC is "uploading" the broadcast file into their archive during this time.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Fwiw, I've been using NBC Sports Gold for mx the past couple years and had ZERO issues until SX started.

|
moto348
4/10/2019 8:54am Edited Date/Time 4/10/2019 8:55am
Good to see I'm not the only one dealing with this nonsense. I'd straight up rather not watch that watch with subtitles.
4/16/2019 4:52pm
Sooo, are we the only 3 dipshits or what? lol. I've been using edge as chrome was giving me other issues when I first started using NBC Gold.

The Shop

4/16/2019 6:00pm
I can only speak to Firestick and Roku. I've never had an issue in 3 years. Seems like it depends on the platform you're using to watch it from. It's crazy to me the amount of negative comments about the app, because I haven't had any. Between my house and my camper, I've watched it on 5 different firestick's/TV's and 2 Roku.
4/16/2019 7:57pm
Subtitles would be interesting for when RC is talking, pacifically hearing about them perpetrate
eeazye
4/16/2019 8:46pm
I kid you not, I tried everything I could to turn on subtitles for the race since I have it on mute. Nothing worked. Fire Tv user.
moto348
4/16/2019 8:53pm
I can only speak to Firestick and Roku. I've never had an issue in 3 years. Seems like it depends on the platform you're using to...
I can only speak to Firestick and Roku. I've never had an issue in 3 years. Seems like it depends on the platform you're using to watch it from. It's crazy to me the amount of negative comments about the app, because I haven't had any. Between my house and my camper, I've watched it on 5 different firestick's/TV's and 2 Roku.
I've watched on my iMac, and my brother's xbox one using the Edge browser (only watched outdoors last year with it - nothing in 2019) and never had any issues. Only my current xbox one using edge browser. It happened again this past weekend as I was watching and catching up to the live show (was about an hour behind), sure enough when the page decided to refresh about 10 min after the live show ended, the damn subtitles appeared yet again. It's either watch 100% live or don't watch until long after the live show ends and the file has time to "optimize". Annoying
Ted722
4/16/2019 9:12pm
The robot does a pretty good job of correcting RC's grammar and words that aren't in the dictionary.
pete24
4/17/2019 9:06am
I have the same problem with subtitles watching on my pc threw Verizon fios
4/17/2019 9:51pm
I’ve been having the same issue for the last two or three weeks when viewing on Edge. I can’t find a way to get rid of them, but when I watch on Chrome I don’t have them.
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
4/18/2019 1:33am
Can you guys not get a direct APP on the xbox?
5/1/2019 2:20pm
I’ve been having the same issue for the last two or three weeks when viewing on Edge. I can’t find a way to get rid of...
I’ve been having the same issue for the last two or three weeks when viewing on Edge. I can’t find a way to get rid of them, but when I watch on Chrome I don’t have them.
Bingo. Thanks man, switching back to chrome worked for me. Ironically, I switched from edge to chrome before I had gold due to other issues with the NBC player. All is well now!

Post a reply to: Subtitles Appear During Broadcast on NBC Sports Gold (Xbox One w/ Edge Browser)

The Latest