Stupid Question.

Related:
Create New Tag

10/8/2018 3:09 PM

I have a question I don't know the answer for, I'm sure somebody knows this. Did the Euro's get to ride their full factory works bikes against the AMA production based bikes at the MXoN? Also do they all have to run the same spec fuel?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

|

10/8/2018 3:13 PM

Yes on the bikes. I don't know on the fuel.

|

10/8/2018 3:35 PM

It is a stupid question if you're looking for another excuse to explain why we fared so badly. I don't think it would have made any difference. Why didn't Tomac ride his championship bike? Questions questions.

|

10/8/2018 3:35 PM

Pretty sure USA guys were able to change up bike settings, exhaust, etc being that this was an FIM / Youth Stream event rather than an AMA event.

|

10/8/2018 3:39 PM

Good question. I didn’t know, one way or the other

|

10/8/2018 4:16 PM

BMSOBx2 wrote:

It is a stupid question if you're looking for another excuse to explain why we fared so badly. I don't think it would have ...more

Because after the first day of testing his '19, he did a few laps on the '18...and preferred the newer bike.

|

10/8/2018 4:31 PM

BMSOBx2 wrote:

It is a stupid question if you're looking for another excuse to explain why we fared so badly. I don't think it would have ...more

GuyB wrote:

Because after the first day of testing his '19, he did a few laps on the '18...and preferred the newer bike.

My bad, makes sense, thanks.

|

10/8/2018 5:57 PM

BMSOBx2 wrote:

I am not looking for anything other than the correct answer. It wouldn’t have mattered anyway. I was just curious about the bike rules and I know that MXGP and AMA have different rules about mods and fuel. If I am correct the Euros have to run unleaded fuel, not sure about the AMA.

|

10/8/2018 6:06 PM

BMSOBx2 wrote:

deluxeman wrote:

I am not looking for anything other than the correct answer. It wouldn’t have mattered anyway. I was just curious about the ...more

Everyone had to run MXGP spec fuel to meet those rules. I’m not certain how different their fuel spec is from AMA, but AMA does have rules prohibiting/limiting lead content and also oxygen content. Most teams looked to be running ETS fuel. I’m not familiar with the brand, as I use VP products and have experience only with them and other common US race fuel makers. Someone who knows a bit more on the specifics may chime in.

|